Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apocalypse & Horsemen (Fox) vs Thanos & Black Order (MCU)

Apocalypse & Horsemen (Fox) vs Thanos & Black Order (MCU)

Let's say Thanos and his children show up during the X-Men: Apocalypse final battle. Remove the X-Men from the field and insert Thanos and his children. Thanos has the first two gems in his gauntlet.

OK, so we have:

-Apocalypse
    -Magneto
    -Storm
    -Psylocke
    -Archangel

vs.

-Thanos w/ Power Stone and Space Stone
    -Ebony Maw
    -Cull Obsidian
    -Corvus Glaive
    -Proxima Midnight

With the Power Stone, Thanos has the power to wipe clean a planetary surface. With the Space Stone, Thanos is capable of transporting himself anywhere; he's also capable of using it to stop attackers in their tracks, create force fields capable of repelling Scarlet Witch's energy blast, turn other beings intangible (likely can turn himself intangible), and transformed the Mirror Dimension -- or at least an aspect of it -- into a black hole.

The Black Order consists of the Ebony Maw, a powerful telekinetic capable of posing a threat to Dr. Strange and Iron Man; Cull Obsidian, a Hulk-level brute; Corvus Glaive, a Captain America+ being with a blade that can cut cleanly through anyone here; and Proxima Midnight, who can simultaneously fight Black Widow and Okoye.

Thanos and his Black Order are formidable; however, their opponents are even more dangerous (well, at least 2 of them).

Apocalypse alone presents a significant challenge; his transmutative power over inorganic matter spells trouble for Thanos's Infinity Gauntlet. The AoE of Apocalypse's transmutation powers is at the very least city sized. His reaction time is insane; Apocalypse was able to adapt to the point where he could trap Quicksilver (which all happened in Quicksilver Time -- the rest of the world looked frozen in comparison).

Then there's Magneto. Thanks to Apocalypse, Magneto was amplified to the point where he could manipulate the Earth's magnetic field. Which brings me to...

My conclusion: Magneto takes away Corvus's glaive and murders the Black Order with it while Apocalypse deconstructs the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos is attacked on all sides and eventually dies.

Thanos probably wins the quickdraw of "mega nuke versus telepathic assault" because of his mental resistance.

As in, I'm pretty sure Apoc could dominate his mind but not before He went "Grrraaahh blow up!!!" and just flattened everything in front of him.

Power Stone is pretty OP. Its kinda PIS for him to use it any other way besides nuking everything.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

This is actually a really good rumble idea that I wish I’d thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    This is actually a really good rumble idea that I wish I’d thought of.
    I was surprised it wasn't you that made it tbh ^_^
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thanos probably wins the quickdraw of "mega nuke versus telepathic assault" because of his mental resistance.

As in, I'm pretty sure Apoc could dominate his mind but not before He went "Grrraaahh blow up!!!" and just flattened everything in front of him.
    Will he though? Once Mantis got a hold of Thanos, Thanos couldn't even think to close his fist to activate the gauntlet. I'm guessing Apocalypse would launch an even more powerful mental assault which could incapacitate Thanos; or at least draw the two of them in a stalemate indefinitely until whichever of their other teammates wins over the other.

Apocalypse can't launch a mental assault; his psychic powers are purely defensive. To control Professor X, Apocalypse needed Xavier to make first contact. It's why Apocalypse wanted to make Xavier his next vessel.

With that said, Apocalypse's mental defenses are extraordinary. I don't think they'll play a role in this fight.

^ Well then that renders my point moot as I went on faith that Apocalypse had mental offensive abilities because I couldn't remember the specifics of his powers.

I always tend to forget that.

It SEEMED pretty darn offensive when he gained control of Xavier using Cerebro. I'll have to watch it again.

If that's the case then Power Stone nuke for the win
    - big_adventure

With a power stone nuke, does Apocalypse and Magneto have enough shielding between them to keep their team safe? Or is Magneto quick enough on the draw to keep the gauntlet, which looks metal, from closing?

Apocalypse is fast enough to react to Quicksilver. He deconstructs the Infinity Gauntlet before Thanos has time to think, "Boom."

I've only seen apocalypse once but what is his strong deconstruction feat?

He can deconstruct something strong enough to hold and power the infinity stones? Isn't it made of uru?

that seems a bit much. I don't remember him being that formidable
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Even assuming that his AOE deconstruction powers works on something designed to channel the power of the Infinity Stones, that still probably would end up with the Power Stone hitting the ground, which will likely kill everyone except maaaaybe Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I always tend to forget that.

It SEEMED pretty darn offensive when he gained control of Xavier using Cerebro. I'll have to watch it again.

If that's the case then Power Stone nuke for the win
    Apocalypse only wrecked Xavier after Xavier used Cerebro on his location, he's never demonstrated the ability to actually engage in a telepathic exchange; he's just wrecked people who did that to him.

That said, Thanos needs to close his fist to use the Stones and Magneto should be able to stop him from doing that.

Neither one can do anything to the other mentally. In terms of raw power, I'd say team Apocalypse, mainly with the amped Magneto, should win.

Corvus and Proxima are pretty much non-factors, but I suppose Archangel and Psylocke could keep them busy. In a battle between Magneto and Ebony Maw, it may come down to a quickdraw, as I don't know if Magneto has any defense against just having his neck snapped from afar. The deciding factor basically comes down to who wins between Magneto and Ebony. If Magneto wins, he helps Apocalypse take down Thanos, likely just yanking the metal gauntlet off of him. If Ebony Maw wins, then sooner or later, Thanos and him will take down the other Horsemen and eventually Apocalypse himself.