Default Green Lantern vs Ironman vs Lex Luthor vs Wonder Woman vs Ant Man

If these characters were placed in the real world, who would have made the greatest difference or had the largest impact on the world one year later?

Green Lantern
    Ironman
    Lex Luthor
    Wonder Woman
    Ant Man

* Not altogether on one Earth. Each in in a different real world Earth.

Luthor and Iron Man are strong contenders. At least in the tangible material world

The effects GL or WW would have would be more in the spiritual and philosophical. Like, they might save more lives than Luthor, but wont change much outside of damage control. But people would freak out to see them. Question everything they knew about life in the stars and religion etc
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    If these characters were placed in the real world, who would have made the greatest difference or had the largest impact on the world one year later?

Green Lantern
    Ironman
    Lex Luthor
    Wonder Woman
    Ant Man

* Not altogether on one Earth. Each in in a different real world Earth.
    I'm going to say Green Lantern.

Iron-Man cannot singlehandedly change the technology of the world in one year. In the real world, he cannot change the technological base just like that.

Lex Luthor could drastically change things both technologically. I don't know about politically anymore. But I think it would take him more than a year for the same reasons as above.

Same with Ant-Man.

I guess Wonder Woman causes the fact that there is a secret island of Amazons and all the mythology is true but she's still one person.

I think Green Lantern, any green lantern, has greater implications. There is definitely life on other planets. In fact, there are a minimum of 3600 other planets with life and a lot more than that and there is an intergalactic peacekeeping force called the Lensmen I mean the Green Lanterns.

It's kind of like humans meeting the vulcans. That kid of first contact/ "We are not alone" has major implications.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm going to say Green Lantern.

Iron-Man cannot singlehandedly change the technology of the world in one year. In the real world, he cannot change the technological base just like that.

Lex Luthor could drastically change things both technologically. I don't know about politically anymore. But I think it would take him more than a year for the same reasons as above.

Same with Ant-Man.

I guess Wonder Woman causes the fact that there is a secret island of Amazons and all the mythology is true but she's still one person.

I think Green Lantern, any green lantern, has greater implications. There is definitely life on other planets. In fact, there are a minimum of 3600 other planets with life and a lot more than that and there is an intergalactic peacekeeping force called the Lensmen I mean the Green Lanterns.

It's kind of like humans meeting the vulcans. That kid of first contact/ "We are not alone" has major implications.
    I was going to voice my opinion, but I agree with your points.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Are they restricted by real world physics in any way here? IE, will Diana inflict devastating environmental damage if she moves to fast? Are Tony and Lex limited to what can actually be manufactured in the real world? If so, the GL ring might be the best bet, because it has so many ways to hack physics it might as well be reality warping.

BANNED

if they are transferred with their comic book capabilities and weaknesses then I could see luthor set out to become the man of tomorrow he always wanted to be and become a industry and scientific stalwart. same goes for iron man. I think both of them would play significant roles on the world stage for sure and will gain vast political and otherwise influence. their personalities may ultimately cause them to crash and burn but they will not languish in obscurity.
    the revelation of the Green lantern could spark all kinds of frenzies. first of all will be the reaction of incredulity then read and paranoia will eventually rear its head up and the government's would actively try to capture/befriend him or they could treat him as a representative of a powerful Alien race which will create all kinds of complications for the lantern. he could be arrested and the ring could be confiscated for further study/to initiate contact or they could pressurise him into accepting the role and spying on these "alien masters" in hope of appropriating their tech or establishing trade relations and the like. of course the other option will be that the lantern could get fed up and leave or trying to overthrow local authorities to set himself up as having a final say in all matters. either way he will also exert a considerable influence on the world.
    Wonder woman could be set up as a goddess/priestess/hostile agent of a ancient race or simply a celebrity depending upon various sets of circumstances. If they establish relations with Amazons and they provide the world with their godly gifts then it could lead to a formation of utopia or world war 3 breaking out if they refused and the nation's tried to force them.
    so all of them will affect the world in their own way.

I think Diana will have the single biggest impact especially if she brings the Amazons with her as this will disprove the existence of the gods of conventional religion and lead to drastic social upheavel in a way no alien contact or super technology can. Especially from the ones who don't believe her lol

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

IMO,WW should be most impact,she existance will proves gods really exists,consequence could effect religion,science,philosophy......
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Either of the science characters would probably affect the world the most simply by causing the singularity to happen very quickly. Once either AI or genetic engineering reaches a certain level, humans are done. The creatures that result would create creatures even smarter than themselves, which would create creatures even smarter than themselves, until a being who is either omniscient or as close to omniscient as is physically possible results.