Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanos & The Black Order (MCU) Vs Fantastic Four & Silver Surfer (FF:RotSS)

*Nods to k von doom*

Two quintets go up against each other:

Team MCU
    Thanos (Power & Space Stones)
    Ebony Maw
    Cull Obsidian
    Corvus Glaive
    Proxima Midnight

Vs
    Team Rise of the Silver Surfer
    Mister Fantastic
    The Thing
    Human Torch
    Invisible Woman
    Silver Surfer

To reiterate, the FF team are those characters as played by Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Jessica Alba and Doug Jones/Laurence Fishburne.

1) Bloodlusted in Khazan.
    2) In-character on Titan - how would this go down?
    3) With prep. Thanos gets his armies and resources. FF get... well, Reed and his ****.

Go!
    Last edited by KJS; 03-20-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Hmm. I will be addressing scenario 1.

Black Order has way more raw oomph in the form of Thanos, Maw and Cull. Problem is, they don't have adequate defenses to stop the attacks of the FF.

Thanos and Surfer are probably a quickdraw. Thanos could wipe out the whole team in a gesture, but alternatively, Surfer can turn Thanos into glass at the bell. Hard to say who wins this. Surfer might have a speed edge because of his missile punch feat? Hollywood missiles are kinda slow though lol

Maw is again a huge threat but Sue can put a forcefield in his brain about as fast as he can squish hers.

Let's just ignore these matchups for a bit, just for the fun of discussing the other fights.

Cull should flatten Grimm based on his gear/tech advantage as well as his showings of tearing parts off of Hulkbuster and withstanding its blows. Grimm hangs in a respectable length of time but ultimately it's not that close. Johnny might actually be able to take out Glaive and Midnight. I would have to watch them fight Vision again to be sure, but I'm pretty confident in thinking they can't hit an agile moving target. He should keep moving and dump fire on them until they wither from the attack. I don't think he can harm Cull outside of maybe a nova however. I dont like his chances.

So to summarize the 1st scenario: Whoever wins the quickdraw between Norrin and Thanos should lead their team to victory.

Scenario 3 is the prep fight. Thanos should comfortably take this. Surfer can probably fly around and smash apart Leviathans and ships well enough, but anything with distance involved favors the IG even if incomplete. Reed didn't really have the feats for me to feel he changes much.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Corvus and midnight had trouble with cap and BW pretty sure Jonny Fry's them.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Corvus and midnight had trouble with cap and BW pretty sure Jonny Fry's them.
    I still don't quite get why Vision and Scarlet Witch had trouble with them

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I know like isint vision made of Vibranium?

Astonishing Member

I know like isint vision made of Vibranium?
    that's cuz use of Alien Metal that's tougher than absolutely anything from Earth being utilized by that Black Order
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Vision had literally just got stabbed through the chest and was never fighting in a good state against Corvus. Scarlet idk lol

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Vision had literally just got stabbed through the chest and was never fighting in a good state against Corvus. Scarlet idk lol
    maybe she was scared of collateral damage since this was after CW went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    that's cuz use of Alien Metal that's tougher than absolutely anything from Earth being utilized by that Black Order
    But nothing is supposed to be tougher than vibranium.

But nothing is supposed to be tougher than vibranium.
    Nothing on Earth is supposed to be tougher than vibranium.

The precedent for Glaive's blade being able to cut through anything started in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Nothing on Earth is supposed to be tougher than vibranium.

The precedent for Glaive's blade being able to cut through anything started in the comics.
    In the movies nothing is supposed tougher than vibranium and adamantium on Earth or whatever.
    Last edited by choptop; 03-24-2019 at 10:40 PM.

In the comics nothing is tougher than vibranium and adamantium on Earth or whatever.
    A variety of things are tougher than vibranium in the comics. Vibranium, while certainly impressive, has been damaged or overloaded by any number of sources over the years, particularly if thin enough.

So long as something tougher exists anything not as tough as that one thing is by definition not “indestructible”, for instance neither adamantium or vibranium are the toughest materials even on Earth in the comics, that would be Caps shield, therefore vibranium and Adamantium are by definition destructible. Hell if memory serves Iron MAn once made a device to throw caps shield reallly hard into a wall of Adamantium and it cut straight into it. Point being there’s plenty of existing precedent for Marvel super metals being damaged well before the Black Order was ever a thing

BANNED

all the silver surfer will have to do is make up some version of Antarctic vibranium which would completely destroy caps shield. come to think of it he could do that by his cosmic transfiguration powers anyway

Well for one Antarctic vibranium doesn’t exist in the MCU so far as we know nor does Adamantium, Caps shield is just vanilla vibranium

For two even in the comics does A. Vibranium work on Caps shield? Cause it’s not Adamantium either. It’s that one time metal no ones ever been able to reproduce and Adamantium is only a failed attempt at a knockoff of.

But yeah molecular manipulation usually works on Caps shield. Maybe with the exception of that one time they used uru metal to fix it
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-24-2019 at 01:30 AM.