Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In the comics nothing is tougher than vibranium and adamantium on Earth or whatever.
    Completely wrong.

And what I said about Glaive’s blade in the comics is entirely true.

I’ll never understand the concept of making wild claims like that, based on obviously not having the knowledge to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I still don't quite get why Vision and Scarlet Witch had trouble with them
    Vision because he's somewhat reluctant to fight. The one battle he wasbin he nearly killed Rhodey. He also has no hand to hand skills, although one would assume he could A.I. them up. So basically, it's just a brick versus a dude with a weapon that can hurt him, and that was just stabbed by said weappn.

Scarlett just isn't that beastly with her powers 1 on 1,unless she goes for a heart or head rip. Both fighters were durable enough to survice being knocked around, unless she taps in deeper.

They were both caught off guard.

Most importantly, it would behoove you not to underestimate THE CAP. The man who beat ironman, stood toe to toe with Loki, and took hits from Spider-man, which is in his purview body shot wise. Corvus was stronger than that too.

It comes down to Thanos vs. Silver Surfer. Thanos w/ the Power Stone and Space Stone would make short work of the Fantastic Four*; Silver Surfer, likewise, annihilates the Black Order.

If Thanos was quick enough to activate the Stones, he could separate the Surfer from his board by forcibly turning one of them intangible. I doubt this tactic would work long-term, but it might give Thanos a chance to use the Power Stone on a Surfer separated from his power source. Thanos is arguably the strongest MCU character to date, so I can't see the Surfer treating him like how he treated Johnny.

At the same time, the Surfer's mere presence is enough to freeze lakes instantly. He could do the same to Thanos. The Surfer has subatomic energy blasts, which he used to carve open holes that led to the Earth's core. And when used on Dr. Doom, a highly-durable being, the Surfer--with a casual blast--reduced him to a skeleton in a blink-and-you-might-miss-it second. Thanos isn't shrugging off these attacks. The Silver Surfer, meanwhile, has been at ground zero of a planet being razed by Galactus.

In my opinion, it's a quickdraw. Both have enough power to obliterate the other (and the other team, for that matter).

*Though there is a wildcard at work here: Johnny Storm. With the Silver Surfer nearby, there is a chance the other members of the Fantastic Four could give their power to Johnny, making him Super Johnny Storm. A team-up between the Silver Surfer and Super Johnny Storm might give them the edge they need to win.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Completely wrong.

And what I said about Glaive’s blade in the comics is entirely true.

I’ll never understand the concept of making wild claims like that, based on obviously not having the knowledge to back them up.
    I meant to say movies

But whatever I haven't read everything with vibranium init but i know that it's not that common of a thing for vibranium to break in the comics/movies so you can see how I would be mistaken i wasn't making wild claims if that's really what you'd call a wild claim......... But ya you were right I was wrong (it's happened to you a few times here) congrats you win something really pointless that didn't mean a thing to anyone and nobody else Cares about that wasn't a big deal way to go! and way to take the high road with your O so great knowledge......
    Last edited by choptop; 03-25-2019 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Vision because he's somewhat reluctant to fight. The one battle he wasbin he nearly killed Rhodey. He also has no hand to hand skills, although one would assume he could A.I. them up. So basically, it's just a brick versus a dude with a weapon that can hurt him, and that was just stabbed by said weappn.

Scarlett just isn't that beastly with her powers 1 on 1,unless she goes for a heart or head rip. Both fighters were durable enough to survice being knocked around, unless she taps in deeper.

They were both caught off guard.
    This vision was dieing a bit of PIS/sVf they both had really good durability and that spear still doesn't really all add up but best I can do lol
    Last edited by choptop; 03-25-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Cull should flatten Grimm based on his gear/tech advantage as well as his showings of tearing parts off of Hulkbuster and withstanding its blows. Grimm hangs in a respectable length of time but ultimately it's not that close. Johnny might actually be able to take out Glaive and Midnight. I would have to watch them fight Vision again to be sure, but I'm pretty confident in thinking they can't hit an agile moving target. He should keep moving and dump fire on them until they wither from the attack. I don't think he can harm Cull outside of maybe a nova however. I dont like his chances.
    Highlighting this part, they were defeated pretty handily by Rogers, Falcon and Widow, and Rogers did pretty well against Glaive one on one, might have even taken the fight had he not been using inferior weapons. Window and the bodyguard lady who's name eludes me also were fighting Midnight pretty well on their own. I think Torch should be able to handle them pretty well just by staying on the move and hosing them down with fire.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard