Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The typo is clearly not a typo but actually a very clever tool being used to foreshadow numerous other character deaths.
    maybe its some failed attempt at cockney rhyming slang

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    maybe its some failed attempt at cockney rhyming slang
    lol, that's a new one.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men is the bestselling Marvel book for 4 issues starting from #11 to #14.

It looks like Matt Rosenberg is doing the right thing even though it's slow moving.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. I know both received the call, but I didnt think they answered. I see M there covered but I guess Ill wait to hear on Frenzy. It wouldnt surprise me if she told Jean to F off
    Found it. Here's the scan with Frenzy. There's not many black X-woman, so I figure that probably is her, and not someone I am mistaking for her. lol
    Frenzy.jpg

So both she & Monet answered the call, but whether or not they get an AoX cameo remains to be seen. Given the books are all minis, I suppose there's only so many characters you can include.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Thanks for the M info guys!
    No problem. She's the only favorite I have left to read, so I am keeping close tabs on her. Hoping for her to get another team book, and to be written better than PAD's version because I loathed his Monet.

So I am waiting for solicits where we finally get some new teams shown / announced. We got nothing from these past solicits or & very little from yesterday's panel. So the new stuff is coming Jul. at earliest, and I hope the solicits Apr. 23rd are juicier. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-24-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Uncanny X-Men is the bestselling Marvel book for 4 issues starting from #11 to #14.

It looks like Matt Rosenberg is doing the right thing even though it's slow moving.
    Are you completely sure? People always argue about the sales because they say the sales is only to the stores and not what people buy etc
    If this is true, I really hope so, it would be the best news and I hope Rosenberg stays a long time like Claremont.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Are you completely sure? People always argue about the sales because they say the sales is only to the stores and not what people buy etc
    If this is true, I really hope so, it would be the best news and I hope Rosenberg stays a long time like Claremont.
    I'm hoping so too because I'm really quite enjoying it so far. I have followed Rosenberg for the last few series he's written, the New Mutants, Multiple Man, Astonishing and now this, and I think he's been doing a very decent job of bringing things together and plotting for the long term.

I really like the look and feel of Uncanny, it is obviously deliberately dark and gritty. This has got to be as a contrast to the Age Of X-Man minis, and for me it really is working well.

I'm struggling to understand why there are so many people who really dislike this so far, it has the makings of a really fine run, and in my opinion the first few issues have been well above average.

Astonishing Member

I don’t have strong opinion on Uncanny but all the sales numbers found online are ‘estimates’ made by a third party that only figure orders to stores, not ‘real’ sales and and don’t include digital, or international sales. So take sales numbers always with at least a few grains of salt.

BANNED

Uncanny is selling like hot cakes at both the comic book stores I frequent while everything in the event going on right now is just sitting on the shelves collecting dust and getting complained about

BANNED

At least in Comixology digital sales...

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...43778424696832
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-24-2019 at 08:14 PM.

"When asked about Wolverine and Cyclops' reverting back to more classic attire, Matthew Rosenberg said that he, Kelly Thompson, and Ed Brisson consciously wanted to look back at some memorable elements and take some forward. "there's a middlepoint between nostalgia and charting a new path. I told editors I wanted them in the Jim Lee 1990s costumes."

I refuse to believe this wasn't said under duress at gunpoint.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "When asked about Wolverine and Cyclops' reverting back to more classic attire, Matthew Rosenberg said that he, Kelly Thompson, and Ed Brisson consciously wanted to look back at some memorable elements and take some forward. "there's a middlepoint between nostalgia and charting a new path. I told editors I wanted them in the Jim Lee 1990s costumes."

Is this from C2E2?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Is this from C2E2?
    Yes. The Tru Beliebers panel--
    https://www.newsarama.com/44450-c2e2...believers.html
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

It is confirmed that X-Men will be fighting MLF with Hope as leader in issue 15.

Magneto and his new brotherhood will be on issue 16? I thought he is in Age of X-Men world. It's confirmed that is Kwannon and not Psylocke. Kwannon might be one of Magneto's new brotherhood.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-25-2019 at 05:54 AM.

That would be the case if sales were dropping after #11. Stores would order less issues if people were not buying.
    But Uncanny X-men is keeping the numbers for 4 issues now.
    So it's a good sign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Guggenheim also described his run as being both nostalgia and moving forward lol.