Hi everyone,

as I said in the DC forum (where I got great help), I will turn 40 in a few months and I used to read a lot of comics when I was a kid, mostly Marvel as they were easier to come by in France. I basically stopped reading around the end of the 1980's and I have only dabbled a little with comics since then (notably when I used to play games such as Wizkids' heroclix).

Nowadays, I am very happy that comics have become "trendy" on TV, in movies as I can watch the Flash, Supergirl, the Avenegers...but I think I want more. Hence, I am looking to delve back into comics, but even after reading some stuff on the universe I am a bit lost with all the reboots.
Hence, as for DC, I am wondering where to start.
As to my liking, I tend to love big events involving a lot of heroes/villains, I love "huge" and powerful villains that need to be defeated through teamwork (that's why I tend to prefer team stories than individual stories on average), I don't really like the more "normal" heroes such as Daredevil...In terms of individuals, on the top of my mind, I used to like Thor, The Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Magneto...and the Avengers or the X-men primarily.

Ok, so, I found this guide : https://www.comicbookherald.com/best...-1998-to-2015/
which allowed me to pencil in a few things I would like to read (the series on the Inhumans for instance).
At this point however, I am not sure about the timing to read things. It seems secret war and civil war are 2 of the biggest events of the 2000s and I should probably start around that.

So would something like that make sense :
1. Avengers dissasembled
1bis. Astonishing X-men (which looks well-regarded)
2. Secret War
3. House of M
but then can I continue with Civil War and Annihilation (which looks interesting).
Afterwards, I could go on with Thor and Dark Avengers ?
Or, it seems that Secret Invasion is another interesting event that took place around that time that maybe I should read before that.

Afterwards, if I understood correctly, several years later Marvel Now! started. It seems reading AvsX-men is a must to lead to Marvel Now. But then what ? The next big event seems to be Secret Wars and I am interested in that as well.
Well...as you can see, I am a bit lost, facing all those possibilities...
Above all because, as related to my last question, Marvel Unlimited exists so that most comics are available at a reasonable cost.

Ok so here is the final question : paper or digital ? I guess most people here have been reading comics for a while and are quite fond of paper. I read a lot of books as well and I do like paper, but for ease of transport (and lack of shelf space) I also read a lot on my kindle. Hence, digital might be the way to go for me and Marvel Unlimited is enticing. What do you think ?

All recommendations/links are welcome!