Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: NextGen #2 (spoilers/discussion)

Opening this up from the preview thread.

So. Thoughts on Anole and company preparing to go out with a bang? Think the kid will go through with it?

Astonishing Member

I doubt it.

Very consistent story.
    You get Blob's pov being the only one who knows the truth. Trying to find someone he can trust to help him save his friend Anole.
    Armor difficulty to assimilate all the lies.
    And Anole discovering the real intensions of the cult.
    The connections this title had with X-tremists last issue, and now with X-tracts were very well done.
    Enjoyed Skids cameo.
    Last edited by Mutant X; 03-20-2019 at 08:41 AM.

So instead of phoenix, Hope used the life seed to activate new mutants

Also, I wonder if the fact that Anole and Rockslide are still in school, while Hellion and Surge have careers means there's some kind of work program young mutants can do as an alternative.

Hope Abbott's triumphant return!

And look, it's Brittonic! <3

Though I wish she had more lines.

A WILD HI FI sighting!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I wonder if the Hope of Age of X-Man story will then converge with what we know of the actual Hope in Uncanny, even if it is thematically. It can not be a coincidence that after so many years in the shadows she is now in both series.

Who was the girl in purple? She reminded me of Glazing Nightshade

Hey BIG G!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I wonder if the Hope of Age of X-Man story will then converge with what we know of the actual Hope in Uncanny, even if it is thematically. It can not be a coincidence that after so many years in the shadows she is now in both series.
    It's not the same character. Hope Abbott is Trance.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anole calls her “Scripture.” Probably a new mutant like Unveil, Scope, Apate, Moneta, and Luna.

All these mutants are very centered around Age of X-Man, but I hope they make it to 616.
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-20-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Not sure how I feel about using the term "pre-disposed to act that way" to describe why Anole is buckling against this society.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also, I wonder if the fact that Anole and Rockslide are still in school, while Hellion and Surge have careers means there's some kind of work program young mutants can do as an alternative.
    Maybe Cessily, Noriko and Julian are supposed to be a year older than Santo and Victor, which is why they've already graduated from the Institute and are now working in entertainment (or as a bouncer)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought it might be Gazing Nightshade's teammate Whisper Doll

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

My favorite part of the issue.

Ok, technically that didn't happen, but the artwork practically screams it.
    Well done To.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 03-20-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Enjoyed the issue, To's art is a highlight. I'm glad the book isn't as Glob-centric as the solicits and interviews made it seem. I actually like the pixie cut on Armor. It's weird seeing Rockslide be so studious. Looks like the purple flame guy isn't Match like we assumed. Anole can't catch a break, responsible for the eradication of mutants in the 616 and now getting caught up in a bomb plot (although I don't think he'll go through with it). Also that "predisposed" bit about Anole was odd, was that Brisson's clunky attempt to acknowledge that queer people in AoXM would intuitively be pissed about having their identities erased, or am I reading to much into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Enjoyed the issue, To's art is a highlight. I'm glad the book isn't as Glob-centric as the solicits and interviews made it seem. I actually like the pixie cut on Armor. It's weird seeing Rockslide be so studious. Looks like the purple flame guy isn't Match like we assumed. Anole can't catch a break, responsible for the eradication of mutants in the 616 and now getting caught up in a bomb plot (although I don't think he'll go through with it). Also that "predisposed" bit about Anole was odd, was that Brisson's clunky attempt to acknowledge that queer people in AoXM would intuitively be pissed about having their identities erased, or am I reading to much into it?
    Maybe... And I don't think it was odd, if that's the reason. LGBT people have to go against family, society and everything, not matter how hard it is, to be who they are... I think it is a cool concept.