Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hey BIG G!

It's not the same character. Hope Abbott is Trance.
    I mean that Hope Summers is revered as a messiah in Age of X-Man while in the real world she leads the MLF.

Not bad.

Anole's in for a bad time though. While I don't think he'll go along with it, the reminder that he did set a Mutant Cure out into 616 makes me think that part of his recent character will surface.

I do not like Hisako's haircut. She looks like Maria Hill.

Liked the new mutant Scripture. Looks interesting.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hey BIG G!
    Its been soo long...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

It's funny how Anole ends up being the one who rebels in both realities but ends up making things worse despite intentions.

Extraordinary Member

Anole makes everything worse, while Glob is our hero. What a weird way things turned out. Also funny that you have a group saying that Apocalypse isn't extreme enough when we know that he's trying to get Omega Red on his side.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Maggot, Anole, Match and Transonic. Not really a big group to start a rebellion. Wish there were more.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Maggot, Anole, Match and Transonic. Not really a big group to start a rebellion. Wish there were more.
    It sounds like they would like they were a part of Apocalypse's group, but due to their low supply of Unveil and the risky situation presented by the school, their numbers aren't going to be especially high

BANNED

• The art was again fantastic. Marcus To always delivers. I would honestly love a To/Brisson NextGen book outside of the Age of X-Man (even at the expense of more Glob over other cooler X-Kids)
    • On Armor sporting the new haircut; I think she pulls it off, although I would miss the bangs if the look were to remain.
    • Very intrigued by the role of Anole in this book. He seems younger somehow, and perhaps a little naïve, but it’s done in such a clever way in that he’s one of the few people that know more about exactly what’s going on in this ‘utopian’ society. I like the role he has here, certainly more than his role in Uncanny Disassembled. As for what he does next, I fully expect him to back out of this cult and their plans to blow up the library, mostly for the sake of his friends enrolled at the Summers Institute.
    • Skids, Beak, Trance, Maggott, Transonic & Match can now all be properly accounted for. Even as cameos, it's nice for them to be acknowledged in some capacity.
    • Glob mentions students being dragged away to the Danger Room after their third offence too- I wonder if it’s anyone we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Anole calls her “Scripture.” Probably a new mutant like Unveil, Scope, Apate, Moneta, and Luna.
    All these mutants are very centred around Age of X-Man, but I hope they make it to 616.
    100%. They've such cool designs and I'd love to see what they could bring to the 616. Even if they don't make any of the teams, it's cool having them around in terms of just having a wider community of recognizable mutants, and it’d make sense to bring a few over after humans have been culling mutants again back in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Maggott, Anole, Match and Transonic. Not really a big group to start a rebellion. Wish there were more.
    I’m sure there were more, but they’ve probably been mindwiped and/or carted off to the Danger Room. Maybe that’s how Ink found himself in lockup. And I imagine they can’t risk trying to sway people lest they get busted themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I do not like Hisako's haircut. She looks like Maria Hill.
    I think she looks like Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Though, I was glad when Quake grew out her hair (which was done because she has longer hair in the Agents of SHIELD television series), as it meant she no longer looked like Maria. Maria's actually gone now from the comics anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I enjoyed this issue a lot. I tend to enjoy books written by Brisson. I loved the use of Maggot and I'm intrigued about the next issue. I didn't initially have this book on my pull list, but so far it is one of my favorites from Age of X-man. Glob is great here too. Glob has come along way since Morrison's run.

So did anyone else get a bit of a vibe between Anole and Maggott?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So did anyone else get a bit of a vibe between Anole and Maggott?
    Don’t encourage me.

Nah the interaction they had just came off as a weird cultish hello. But you never know with Brisson.

BANNED

Glob is becoming such a character of his own. I wish creators were allowed to do this with more characters. Digging this story!

Also, Marcus To is pure luxury, gray poupon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Anole calls her “Scripture.” Probably a new mutant like Unveil, Scope, Apate, Moneta, and Luna.

All these mutants are very centered around Age of X-Man, but I hope they make it to 616.
    So they can add to glut of mutants that won't be used and you guys will be mad when they die because they are less important the mainstays? I love seeing new concepts/characters but we know the endgame of the X-editors. That said no doubt some make it over , I just hope they end up on Brotherhood,Hellfire club or MLF at least they will have a chance to develop then.