Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler #2 (spoilers/discussion)

I really enjoyed this issue. For one thing, Meggan being the one trying to lead Kurt astray is a really nice inversion of how I thought this would go, and I'm digging it.

Also, props to McGuire for the whole Cuckoos subplot. I've never been a huge fan, but my heart is seriously aching for them here. Really well done.

And, of course, cameos from the New X-Men are always appreciated. Hopefully as the series goes on, they'll get to do more than stand around and look pretty (no, seriously, Nori, Cess, and Juilan all look great here).
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-20-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Time to appreciate the Master Thespian that is Julian Keller

The fact that he may or may not be involved in a highly illegal hollywood sex club is the icing on the cake.

Emma would be proud.

Except odds are that all his movies are B-Level & Direct to DVD schlock XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I enjoyed it, as well. Meg as the pursuer is a nice touch, given the history. I also liked how Meg was the one talking about the importance of pop culture in society and the role it plays. It ties things in nicely.

It was fun seeing some of the subculture in this world. The Masquerade had a very Studio 54 feel, to me.

I'm also getting into the Cuckoos side story. You can tell McGuire is a fan of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I enjoyed it, as well. Meg as the pursuer is a nice touch, given the history. I also liked how Meg was the one talking about the importance of pop culture in society and the role it plays. It ties things in nicely.

It was fun seeing some of the subculture in this world. The Masquerade had a very Studio 54 feel, to me.

I'm also getting into the Cuckoos side story. You can tell McGuire is a fan of them.
    I was getting a huge "Eyes Wide Shut" feel too it myself.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Good read. Meggan totally went to that club many times

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    It really does. Like, the movies star aspect is a wonderful framing device for a Nightcrawler solo series anyway, and McGuire is making excellent points about the importance of representation via pop culture on top of that.

And yes, loving all the agency Meggan has in this series. Even her best writers in the 616 have occasionally sold her short there.

Waaay better than the first issue.
    But I still feel it's a title nobody asked for.
    The sex club looks too exposed, Department X would find them very easily. And the Cuckoos should be in Prision X.

Any news on Phoebe? Or is she still MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Waaay better than the first issue.
    But I still feel it's a title nobody asked for.
    The sex club looks too exposed, Department X would find them very easily. And the Cuckoos should be in Prision X.
    I think the authors talked about how the Cuckoos are an exception because they're a hive mind and the issue itself picks up on a bit. Plus maybe the club has Psi shields or somehting.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Good read i wonder does the underground horny club have a connection to Apoc and his love movement?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think the authors talked about how the Cuckoos are an exception because they're a hive mind and the issue itself picks up on a bit. Plus maybe the club has Psi shields or somehting.
    Yup. The Cuckoos get something of a pass because of the nature of their powers:

Q: Does Northstar remember Aurora? And if so, does that mean she's 'dead' in this reality?

Williams: He doesn’t–not yet, anyway. She’s not dead though, he just has no memory of her. “All love is forbidden love” covers way more than romance, so most people have had their familial memories taken from them as well. (Department X gets away with…holding onto quite a bit of stuff, but there’s a reason for that.) In Marvelous X-men you see Laura dealing with her memory of Gabby starting to resurface, and she even pops her claws and gets angry at Nate right before Nate takes it from her again.

McGuire: The only real exception to the “we take your family, too” is the Cuckoos, because they don’t function when separated. And I’m honestly surprised and delighted that I was able to get away with dealing with that.

Williams: It totally makes sense tho! Like, AoX is all about celebrating and uplifting mutant ability so if someone’s mutatism ties them to another mutant…he’d probably have to make an exception. It’s why having the Cuckoos in AoX is so great.

Why do Regan and Surge have their 616 costumes? So boring. This was the chance to give them different designs

This issue was a vast improvement over the first. Dig it. This has the foundation for a new Excalibur volume. Kurt, Meggan, Magma, Kylun, Surge, Hellion and throw in Captain Britian

LOL at that recap

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Any news on Phoebe? Or is she still MIA?
    she is on the issue, working for another movie studio

I guess Apate is another Age of X-Man original character?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I guess Apate is another Age of X-Man original character?
    I think so