Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Archie Goodwin/Walt Simonson Manhunter. It originally appeared as a feature in Detective Comics in the 1970s. It has been reprinted a few times in various formats. And it is one of the best things DC has done, in my opinion.
    YES! Back before there was Bat-God!
    I'd also add Marc Andreyko's Manhunter series as well.
    Nightwing - Dixon & McDaniel (still a favourite of mine. Still great all through from #1 to #70, but Land & co art was never as dynamic as McDaniel's)
    Robin - Chuck Dixon again. #1 - 26 and #46 are some of the best books DC has published in 30 years.
    Booster Gold - Geoff Johns & Jeff Katz. Read it!!
    Flash & Green Lantern: Brave and the Bold - Waid/Peyer & Kitson. Six issues of awesomeness.
    Flash: Iron Heights - Johns & Van Sciver. Awesome done in one story and lovely artwork.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

The classic WHO'S WHO in the DCU series. Sure, a whole lot of outdated information, but most of the storytelling essence remains as you enjoy beautiful artwork and delve into just how big, assorted, and wondrous the DC Universe is beyond the now-familiar brand names. An excellent companion piece to this would be watching BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.

Last edited by bat22; 02-03-2023 at 03:52 PM.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Looking for the best pre crisis Green Lantern stories. Anyone have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Looking for the best pre crisis Green Lantern stories. Anyone have any recommendations?
    "Tales of The Green Lantern Corps" mini (3 issues) was a good one: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_...rn_Corps_Vol_1

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Green Lantern #76-87: The Hard Travelling Heroes storyline by O'Neil and Adams. Yeah it hasn't aged well, but it's a pretty iconic story.
    Green Lantern #116: First appearance of Guy Gardner as Green Lantern.
    Green Arrow #19-20: No costumes, no super-villains, just Hal helping his friend deal with his guilt.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The current Nightwing run. Picked it up from issue #90 and have been very pleasantly surprised by it. Enjoying it very much.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Which of the old JLA/JSA team ups do you recommend? What's the best way currently to go about reading them?

Amazing Member

Which of the old JLA/JSA team ups do you recommend? What's the best way currently to go about reading them?
    I've read the original and the three by Len Wein, "Crisis on Earth-X" from JLA #107-108 was easily the best and probably the only one I'd recommend.