BANNED

Default Seems that Spider-man was REFERENCES on some of CW’s DC TV Shows...

Looks like someone wants some of that Spider-man glory... https://www.cbr.com/flash-arrow-spider-man-reference/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Well, the Arrowverse Barry Allen is a lot like Spider-Man/Peter Parker in some ways, namely that they're both socially awkward brown-haired geeks/nerds who got superpowers in a fateful accident, use those powers to fight crime, and are haunted by guilt and trauma stemming from the violent death of a parent (or parental figure).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, the Arrowverse Barry Allen is a lot like Spider-Man/Peter Parker in some ways, namely that they're both socially awkward brown-haired geeks/nerds who got superpowers in a fateful accident, use those powers to fight crime, and are haunted by guilt and trauma stemming from the violent death of a parent (or parental figure).
    And then we have that coming back into the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon version of Peter Parker who has a very science-oriented supporting cast who inevitably all get superpowers and are more often then not integral to him beating the villain-of-the weeks, as well as a black sidekick who the writers don't seem to know what to do with .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And then we have that coming back into the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon version of Peter Parker who has a very science-oriented supporting cast who inevitably all get superpowers and are more often then not integral to him beating the villain-of-the weeks, as well as a black sidekick who the writers don't seem to know what to do with .
    Miles Morales or Wally West? (I will not even get into the kerfuffle about the original Wally West versus Wally West II.)

BANNED

To me DC's biggest borrowing of Spider-Man is the Batman Beyond cartoon. Terry McGinnis basically is Peter Parker if he was Batman. I really loved that show. And to me that kid is Bruce's true legacy character and successor.

The only version of Flash I have ever liked in cartoon and comics is Wally West. That's it. I think it was a terrible mistake to bring Barry Allen, and Hal Jordan back...like a pair of boring vampires sucking dry the blood of the new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    YEAH... not even going to mention that the Barry Allen Trama is caused by time-travel gone awry, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    To me DC's biggest borrowing of Spider-Man is the Batman Beyond cartoon. Terry McGinnis basically is Peter Parker if he was Batman. I really loved that show. And to me that kid is Bruce's true legacy character and successor.

The only version of Flash I have ever liked in cartoon and comics is Wally West. That's it. I think it was a terrible mistake to bring Barry Allen, and Hal Jordan back...like a pair of boring vampires sucking dry the blood of the new.
    Agreed with you about the Flash and Batman Beyond. In fact, the reason I enjoy Batman Beyond so much is that a lot of Terry McGinnis's characterization owes greatly to Spider-Man, as does his rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    YEAH... not even going to mention that the Barry Allen Trama is caused by time-travel gone awry, right ?
    Time travel messes up everything, yeah.

Tim Drake was to me the most Spider-Man-esque Robin (and he pre-dated Terry).

Tom Holland's Peter reminds me a lot of Tim.
    This reminds me of the PS4 game where Miles felt like the Wally West to Peter's Barry Allen.

Mighty Member

Don't forget about Stalker basically being Kraven and Shriek having Shocker similarities (though they differentiated Shriek more)... When it comes to starting off your superheroics in High School, Spider-Man IS the template to follow

You mean "referenced".

They've done pop culture references before so i wouldn't read much into it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-21-2019 at 09:27 AM.