Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Krypton season 2 trailer

Doomsday looks dope

AWWW YEAH! I’m super pumped for the return of Brainiac and more Zod. Doomsday looks fantastic.

It looks like they got a bigger budget.Nice

Has Doomie got extra rows of teeth? (Reminds me of the old TMNT-movie suits)

YAY!! But we still don't know when. My guess is early summer after the Spring shows are over.

Cameron Cuffe continues to be a great Superman stan and promoter of this show. Last yer he said more epic twists were coming and it did!

https://twitter.com/thecameroncuffe/...96370019635200

3 big villains in season 2, plus Lobo. Wow. Though don't think he'll be a true villain but more like an anti-hero. ?

We know General Zod has his iconic catch phrase, and Lex has his title as the greatest criminal mind of our time. But what about Brainiac? Does he have something like that? In Star Trek, the Borg say, 'resistance is futile' and in Dr Who, the Daleks say 'exterminate'. Brainiac needs his iconic phrase too. Maybe some day...

D1ppPDgXcAAxC81.jpg

He kinda has that dismissive "Kryptonian" thing sometimes doesn't he? Or am I confusing him with Mongul who also definitely uses that.

I really like what we've seen of Doomsday so far. I wonder whether we'll see any more DC characters brought it. Seems like this would be a story that would be made to incorporate the Legion somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He kinda has that dismissive "Kryptonian" thing sometimes doesn't he? Or am I confusing him with Mongul who also definitely uses that.

I really like what we've seen of Doomsday so far. I wonder whether we'll see any more DC characters brought it. Seems like this would be a story that would be made to incorporate the Legion somehow.
    Lead actor Cameron Cuffe said on twitter, "expect the unexpected." He says season 2 is even more epic than S1. I kinda believe him because he hyped S1 and I wasn't disappointed at the end. This show is definitely open to big twists.

Regarding Brainiac, I'm really not very familiar with the lore about him. I just think he is way cool and full of untapped potential.

BANNED

I picked up the box sets. Goyer said that they plan on introducing more guilds and life in the other city/states.

Exploring more of Krypton (finally), Doomsday awakens (the planet is still doomed, it seems), and LOBO! Finally, we get to see Lobo in a live action series! Would have thought Supergirl would introduce him, especially with the Bounty Hunter episodes that pop up every so often, but I'm good with this.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    3 big villains in season 2, plus Lobo. Wow. Though don't think he'll be a true villain but more like an anti-hero. ?

We know General Zod has his iconic catch phrase, and Lex has his title as the greatest criminal mind of our time. But what about Brainiac? Does he have something like that? In Star Trek, the Borg say, 'resistance is futile' and in Dr Who, the Daleks say 'exterminate'. Brainiac needs his iconic phrase too. Maybe some day...

D1ppPDgXcAAxC81.jpg
    Okay Brainiac is giving me full on Scorpius from FARSCAPE Ts in that image. But green

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I picked up the box sets. Goyer said that they plan on introducing more guilds and life in the other city/states.
    Are there any cool special features? I just marathoned the first season on DC Universe, and really, really dug it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Just finished Season one on DC Universe yesterday. I loved it. I think Colin Salmon's Zod just may be my favorite live action version now.

I also love how this show heavily draws from the Krypton Lore from Man of Steel ( which is expected given David Goyer helped develop the series) but there are bits of Donner (Sunstone) and Geoff John's Secret Origin as well (the guilds) in there as well. Also a big dose of the World of Krypton miniseries (both the original from preCrisis and Byrne's version). Hell I even caught a couple nods to Smallville's Krypton (Seg using his blood to activate things similar to Clark having to do the same a few times).The beauty of this show is that it is doing it's own thing but given it's setting it could pretty much work as being Canon to any existing live action version of Superman.

Iooking forward to season 2!
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-08-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Just finished Season one on DC Universe yesterday. I loved it. I think Colin Salmon's Zod just may be my favorite live action version now.

I also love how this show heavily draws from the Krypton Lore from Man of Steel ( which is expected given David Goyer helped develop the series) but there are bits of Donner (Sunstone) and Geoff John's Secret Origin as well (the guilds) in there as well. Also a big dose of the World of Krypton miniseries (both the original from preCrisis and Byrne's version). Hell I even caught a couple nods to Smallville's Krypton (Seg using his blood to activate things similar to Clark having to do the same a few times).The beauty of this show is that it is doing it's own thing but given it's setting it could pretty much work as being Canon to any existing live action version of Superman.

Iooking forward to season 2!
    That's true. I just hope that when the show is about to end.. Superman still exists as we know him. Somehow things will fix themselves and Jor-El still exists and sends his young baby to Earth. If Superman never exists in that story, I don't like it. :/

But I'm very glad this show exists right now. It turned out much better than I thought. It started slow, but it really took off. I really like what they did with all these characters so far, especially the villains and the Zod family, and how they have incorporated the Superman mythos and the new twists and turns I never expected. I love shows like that. Nothing very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    That's true. I just hope that when the show is about to end.. Superman still exists as we know him. Somehow things will fix themselves and Jor-El still exists and sends his young baby to Earth. If Superman never exists in that story, I don't like it. :/

But I'm very glad this show exists right now. It turned out much better than I thought. It started slow, but it really took off. I really like what they did with all these characters so far, especially the villains and the Zod family, and how they have incorporated the Superman mythos and the new twists and turns I never expected. I love shows like that. Nothing very predictable.
    Oh I'm sure the plan is to undo any major change to the timeline and ensure regular Superman existing.
    Of course that plan's successful execution might depend on them getting as many seasons as they want to tell their story and not be surprised with a sudden cancellation down the line.