Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Doomsday looked fantastic. And to me Nyssa has always shown strong romantic feelings for Seg since late last season. She even kissed him when she saved him from Brainiac. And when Seg and Lyta reunited again, Nyssa was obviously very jealous.

Any way, the show hit a season low, sadly. I'm preparing for the worse. Please watch it online or on demand asap.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Doomsday looked fantastic. And to me Nyssa has always shown strong romantic feelings for Seg since late last season. She even kissed him when she saved him from Brainiac. And when Seg and Lyta reunited again, Nyssa was obviously very jealous.

Any way, the show hit a season low, sadly. I'm preparing for the worse. Please watch it online or on demand asap.
    I'm not surprised. I know of several people who decided not to watch because they are unhappy Lyta returned in the last episode. I told them this week was great but all save one refused to watch the show now that Lyta has returned. Bringing back Lyta was a HUGE MISTAKE, IMO. She is a very unlikable character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised. I know of several people who decided not to watch because they are unhappy Lyta returned in the last episode. I told them this week was great but all save one refused to watch the show now that Lyta has returned. Bringing back Lyta was a HUGE MISTAKE, IMO. She is a very unlikable character.
    Most of the unlikable stuff was done by her clone. Only really shitty thing she did was shoot her mom, which she regrets and paid dearly for.

Krypton is pulling a Lana Lang (the Smallville version) with Lyta as Seg's love of his life...

Astonishing Member

Krypton is pulling a Lana Lang (the Smallville version) with Lyta as Seg's love of his life...
    I figured as much. I wasn't a fan back then, so I won't be now. There's nothing wrong with Seg loving Lyta, it's lingering too long on that particular arc that annoys me. Krypton doesn't have the benefit of high ratings and 8 more seasons in the tank to flesh out the whole story. This ploy seems wasteful to me and bringing Jor-El into the equation this soon is reductive. And the added dreaded triangle smacks of writer manipulation that I just don't have the patience for (I never have, even when Smallville first aired).

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Most of the unlikable stuff was done by her clone. Only really shitty thing she did was shoot her mom, which she regrets and paid dearly for.
    My friends feel the clone thing was a "cheap out" so Lyta could remain untarnished by recent events, can't say I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I figured as much. I wasn't a fan back then, so I won't be now. There's nothing wrong with Seg loving Lyta, it's lingering too long on that particular arc that annoys me. Krypton doesn't have the benefit of high ratings and 8 more seasons in the tank to flesh out the whole story. This ploy seems wasteful to me and bringing Jor-El into the equation this soon is reductive. And the added dreaded triangle smacks of writer manipulation that I just don't have the patience for (I never have, even when Smallville first aired).
    The triangle trope is unnecessary and hurts the show, IMO.

Astonishing Member

The triangle trope is unnecessary and hurts the show, IMO.
    This is true.

It was a trope that used to work ouat to sell a show but not anymore. This isn't like when TVD was a thing and you could milk triangles for everything they're worth. Today, if viewers grow frustrated over something, they simply drop a show and many never look back. Krypton cannot afford that at this stage. They need to pick a lane and stick to it whether it's about Seg, Superman's grandfather or Seg, Zod's father. There'd be no shame in doing the latter without bringing Superman into the equation.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 08-10-2019 at 02:31 PM.

This is true.
    It has been my least favorite aspect since the beginning. It receives far too much airtime.

Also, there is no need for Seg to be General Zod's father either, IMO. The plot could easily work without a family relationship.

Astonishing Member

It has been my least favorite aspect since the beginning. It receives far too much airtime.

Also, there is no need for Seg to be General Zod's father either, IMO. The plot could easily work without a family relationship.
    It's still hard for me to accept the connection but then they needed a hook and they went with the most soap opera-ish they could find. And now we must see where it goes.

It's still hard for me to accept the connection but then they needed a hook and they went with the most soap opera-ish they could find. And now we must see where it goes.
    Sad but true.

I wish they have given us a historical drama with sci-fi elements instead of this time travel soap opera drivel.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-12-2019 at 03:12 PM.

My feelings exactly. I just don't think it's right that Seg hasn't noticed how much Nyssa cares about him. He seems to ignore it and it's so annoying because they have a son together, plus the way he acts with Lyta in front of Nyssa makes him look like a teen in love ugh. Other than that, I'm fine with the rest of the story, it's just the love triangle here that bothers me a lot.

My friends feel the clone thing was a "cheap out" so Lyta could remain untarnished by recent events, can't say I disagree.
    Personally, I was fine with the clone because the idea was set up last season, so it didn't come out of nowhere. I liked to see the Black Mercy used like that in the episode. I didn't feel forced, imo. But the Seg/Lyta romance does feel forced and I'm very tired of it.

...But the Seg/Lyta romance does feel forced and I'm very tired of it.
    I couldn't agree more.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I did think it would of been bold if they killed Lyta off for good. When it turned out Lyta was still alive it felt a little like a cop out for me.

M’kay.....I’m gonna be pissed if we don’t get a season 3 out of these cliffhangers
    spoilers:
    Darkseid....fucking Darkseid.
    end of spoilers