Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Was the s2 finale a reasonably solid one, so it'll feel like a cool story, even if some threads weren't tied up?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Was the s2 finale a reasonably solid one, so it'll feel like a cool story, even if some threads weren't tied up?
    No it ended on a cliffhanger. They clearly planned on another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No it ended on a cliffhanger. They clearly planned on another season.
    Yeah, well, they shouldn't have kept up the love triangle.

Dragon Ball Evolution thought they would get a sequel (worst live action adaptation EVER).
    The Last Airbender thought they would get a sequel (well, Shyamalan kept saying as such, didn't do him any good).

Sorry, but the love triangle is stupid. In nearly every single thing a love triangle is in, it is stupid, tends to overshadow the rest of the story, and adds nothing to the story itself.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

From Deadline:

"I hear Krypton producer Warner Horizon Scripted Television is in conversations with other outlets, exploring ways to continue the franchise based on DC characters elsewhere. Siblings DC Universe and the upcoming HBO Max streaming platform are considered the most logical options as DC content has been a focus for both. Past seasons of Krypton already run on DC Universe. Season 1 is currently streaming on DC Universe, with Season 2 coming in 2020."

https://deadline.com/2019/08/krypton...medium=twitter
    Hopefully it lands on DC Universe streaming service.

Its not even worth pitching content to the SyFy network anymore since their business model on works for cheap content they own the rights to.

It absolutely didn't help that KRYPTON got zero marketing support from Syfy leading up to the Season 2 premiere and all the way through the season 2 finale. I had no idea when it was returning on SyFy because they wouldn't run promos.

SyFy canceled a lot of well- received shows like THE EXPANSE and DEADLY CLASS.

It's apparent that SyFy is only good for shlock like SHARKNADO.

Screw off, SyFy.

And here's to DC Streaming picking up Season 3 of
    KRYPTON soon ...

It's very sad, I really liked the show.

@ daBronze, I saw a lot of promos on Syfy about the season 2 before it started.

I don't know what happened, but I'm not blaming the love triangle on the declining ratings. It didn't take a lot of focus until the end. Honestly, I didn't like Lobo, he was annoying. I really liked Brainiac, Doomsday and General Zod. It was a good story overall. I think the twist about Lyta's clone was well done. Sure, I didn't like her romance with Seg (they put way too much importance on it, imo), but she was a very good actress and I liked her very complicated relationship with her son, Dru.

I hope it can be renewed somewhere else.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-17-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Krypton producer, Cam Welsh on the show cancellation:

https://twitter.com/CamWelsh_/status...03602330279937

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    It absolutely didn't help that KRYPTON got zero marketing support from Syfy leading up to the Season 2 premiere and all the way through the season 2 finale. I had no idea when it was returning on SyFy because they wouldn't run promos.

SyFy canceled a lot of well- received shows like THE EXPANSE and DEADLY CLASS.

It's apparent that SyFy is only good for shlock like SHARKNADO.

Screw off, SyFy.

And here's to DC Streaming picking up Season 3 of
    KRYPTON soon ...
    And they wonder why people keep cancelling their cable and satellite services. Maybe it's because they don't carry the stuff people actually want to watch.
    Assassinate Putin!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Krypton producer, Cam Welsh on the show cancellation:

https://twitter.com/CamWelsh_/status...03602330279937
    That's a really lovely letter. And he forgot Wallis Day, but included some really awesome moments with her in the followup thread.

It's really a shame they didn't get to tell a fully complete story, but I think that what they did should stand as a really inventive, awesome part of Superman lore going forward.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

They cancel this GREAT show. It has heart, story lines, great characters, great sets, etc. but they keep supergirl on air. Why, why!
    Last edited by gwhh; 09-02-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I was thinking about this show... Do you think Krypton would have lasted more if it was on the CW?

I think it would, but it probably wouldn't be exactly the same. As long as it was in a different universe, though, I think it could still be good and a bit different to the other DC shows if it kept its original writers.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I was thinking about this show... Do you think Krypton would have lasted more if it was on the CW?

I think it would, but it probably wouldn't be exactly the same. As long as it was in a different universe, though, I think it could still be good and a bit different to the other DC shows if it kept its original writers.
    Keep in mind, SyFy cancelled it because they couldn't afford the budget for it anymore. And CW just fired Routh because they couldn't afford the special effects for his suit anymore. So I doubt this would have had much luck on the CW unless it became their most popular show. And even then, I'm not so sure. CW has never had the budget of the the Big Four networks. It's a shame because I'd love another Superman show. But I don't see network television, outside of Disney, investing in something this expensive. CBS let Supergirl go because they couldn't afford it either. Makes you wonder how Smallville stayed on the air this whole time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Keep in mind, SyFy cancelled it because they couldn't afford the budget for it anymore. And CW just fired Routh because they couldn't afford the special effects for his suit anymore. So I doubt this would have had much luck on the CW unless it became their most popular show. And even then, I'm not so sure. CW has never had the budget of the the Big Four networks. It's a shame because I'd love another Superman show. But I don't see network television, outside of Disney, investing in something this expensive. CBS let Supergirl go because they couldn't afford it either. Makes you wonder how Smallville stayed on the air this whole time.
    I thought Routh (and his wife) left of their own accord?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Smallville wasn't as effects heavy for the most part. Sure there were action scenes, but it was more about the relationship. The actions scenes were more just plot devices to give people on the show
    something to talk about. Sort of the same deal with Lois & Clark. While with something like Krypton or Supergirl the action scenes are there to show us how awesome the characters are. So they have
    to spend more to at least make an attempt to make them look good, no matter what some people think of the end result. And more people watched TV in those days so they had more money to spend
    on Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Smallville wasn't as effects heavy for the most part. Sure there were action scenes, but it was more about the relationship. The actions scenes were more just plot devices to give people on the show
    something to talk about. Sort of the same deal with Lois & Clark. While with something like Krypton or Supergirl the action scenes are there to show us how awesome the characters are. So they have
    to spend more to at least make an attempt to make them look good, no matter what some people think of the end result. And more people watched TV in those days so they had more money to spend
    on Smallville.
    Supergirl and Smallville also didn't take place on other planets with super advanced technology. SyFy was basically building a world from the ground up.
    Assassinate Putin!