Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh I'm sure the plan is to undo any major change to the timeline and ensure regular Superman existing.
    Of course that plan's successful execution might depend on them getting as many seasons as they want to tell their story and not be surprised with a sudden cancellation down the line.
    I'm not so sure they plan to end to story like you say. Some of their comments say this story won't go like you think and stuff like that. Maybe that's just talk to get people interested in a 'new' story.

I also hope they get the time to end the story in a good way. It depends on the ratings I guess. Syfy has the reputation to cancel shows abruptly, though... But since this is a DC show, maybe the DCUniverse app can rescue it and continue the story there some more.

Syfy is pretty trigger happy when it comes to canceling shows, but even if they do cancel Krypton might be able to survive by migrating to DCU. Like how the Exapanse show got picked up by Amazon after it was cancelled.

the thing is.. Krypton would probably get higher ratings in the DCU app because more people watch it than Syfy. Not sure, though, but I read the DCU app new shows like Titans got strong ones.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm not so sure they plan to end to story like you say. Some of their comments say this story won't go like you think and stuff like that. Maybe that's just talk to get people interested in a 'new' story.

I also hope they get the time to end the story in a good way. It depends on the ratings I guess. Syfy has the reputation to cancel shows abruptly, though... But since this is a DC show, maybe the DCUniverse app can rescue it and continue the story there some more.
    There's a difference between story and ending. I haven't a clue how the story will go, but I don't think this will end in some downer ending where a heroic Superman never exists.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the thing is.. Krypton would probably get higher ratings in the DCU app because more people watch it than Syfy. Not sure, though, but I read the DCU app new shows like Titans got strong ones.
    Good thing it’s on the app now at least.

BANNED

They should move it to the CW

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post

No thank you. This show is different, it's more science-fiction and drama. The CW is geared for a younger audience that loves angst.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

What would they gain, though?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

A more certain future, from the sounds of it.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I don't think the CW could afford it as it currently is produced. If it theoretically did move there it would likely have it's budget slashed.

I think the more likely scenario should SyFy cancel it after season 2, DC Universe would probably pick it up.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely not!

No. Not every DC show should wind up on CW, or be a part of the shared Arrow-verse. Never mind the style of the show would probably be changed to resemble every other show they have. Let there be variety, and save the CW for emergency in case syfy cancels it.

It's produced by Warner Bros. and Goyer's production company. So it has no connection at all to the CW shows which are all Berlanti. But since it's made by WB and Goyer, SYFY will likely drop it at some point like they did The Expanse unless it's making a lot of money for them. They don't hold onto the shows they don't own. If that happens and they want to continue it, I definitely could see it migrating over to DC Universe.

I really enjoy this show, so hope it at least gets 5 seasons.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I hope that the show has a clear idea of where it's going, and gets to tell the full story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord