Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Looks like they do. That Season 1 twist ending clearly shows they want to take some risks with the property rather than being a “straight” prequel.

Looks like Season 2 starts June 12th. Looking forward to it!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Season 2 starts June 12th. Looking forward to it!
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_HGsn33ww
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

New trailer looks crazy!

I kinda hope they let Cameron Cuffe play Kal El at some point in it. Since this isn't a prequel as much as a time travel show, Superman could eventually so up in some capacity.

Incredible Member

Awesome. I really enjoyed season 1. It was a really cool take on old Krypton. I can’t wait until season 2 starts.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    New trailer looks crazy!

I kinda hope they let Cameron Cuffe play Kal El at some point in it. Since this isn't a prequel as much as a time travel show, Superman could eventually so up in some capacity.
    I was actually thinking that if Cameron bulked up a big he might make for a good Superman. He is a huge fan of the character after all and he looks the part facially.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Very nice trailer. Not sure about Lobo's voice, though..

Looks like they do. That Season 1 twist ending clearly shows they want to take some risks with the property rather than being a “straight” prequel.
    I remember reading that they already had ideas for more seasons (up until 5 or 7). It really feels like they have planned things pretty well so far. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    New trailer looks crazy!

I don't. I still want Kal-El and Jor-El to exist. But for me it'd be great if Seg met his grandson as Superman some day. If this show keeps really good, I'm all for Superman showing up in an small role if the story makes sense.

I was thinking Seg might see flashes of future superman while in the phantom zone. Since apparently going by what his grandpa said last season, that’s how the phantom zone works in this universe. Also I agree Lobo looks great, but I picture him having a gruffer voice than that. I don’t think it’s bad but just not what I was expecting.

Nyssa with a baby... ??

D4fme07UEAAyRLm.jpg

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    3 big villains in season 2, plus Lobo. Wow. Though don't think he'll be a true villain but more like an anti-hero. ?

We know General Zod has his iconic catch phrase, and Lex has his title as the greatest criminal mind of our time. But what about Brainiac? Does he have something like that? In Star Trek, the Borg say, 'resistance is futile' and in Dr Who, the Daleks say 'exterminate'. Brainiac needs his iconic phrase too. Maybe some day...

Attachment 80166
    Brainiac doesn't have a catchphrase or word associated with him. One that does come with him a lot is the word "annihilate/annihilation". I'm crafting my own Superman/Brainiac story and I'm testing "Annihilation is Upon You", as a phrase. Thanos has death, Galactus devours, Kang conquerors and Annihilus annihilates. Brainiac can stand to use a word or phrase.

In Superman TAS, they gave him Zod's "kneel" line.

Brainiac “collects”, he is called the “Collector of Worlds” after all.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Brainiac “collects”, he is called the “Collector of Worlds” after all.
    That is true. "Collector of Worlds" slipped my mind.

We should work on that though. Make up something that sounds more menacing/threatening.

This panel is from "Doomed". In it, Mongul and Non decide to return to the phantom zone, than face Brainiac.

Collector just doesn't capture the fear and terror aspect Brainiac goes for. What with the genocide of whole species, varied ways of destroying planets and the giant skull ship.

yes Brainiac is a collector. I understand he also seeks knowledge. Maybe he only keeps samples of places that interest him, but he destroys the rest because it's not worth saving. That would be a great way to show Superman at his best, because he still thinks humans are worth saving. Expand that concept and we have a great conflict. I was impressed how this show showed Brainiac's cruelty; he is extremely cunning and cold. The way people "exist" in the bottled cities is frightening. Death would be better.

Extraordinary Member

will this be on DCUNIVERSE too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    will this be on DCUNIVERSE too?
    Season 1 came on after it aired on Syfy, I assume a similar set up for Season 2. First episodes will air weekly on Syfy then the season as a whole will come to Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    yes Brainiac is a collector. I understand he also seeks knowledge. Maybe he only keeps samples of places that interest him, but he destroys the rest because it's not worth saving. That would be a great way to show Superman at his best, because he still thinks humans are worth saving. Expand that concept and we have a great conflict. I was impressed how this show showed Brainiac's cruelty; he is extremely cunning and cold. The way people "exist" in the bottled cities is frightening. Death would be better.
    That’s already what he does as established in Johns Brainiac arc, you should read that if you haven’t already. Or watch the Superman Unbound movie on DCU if you’re subscribed to that.