Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    How is Lyta a Mary Sue?...
    Because she is the bestest warrior ever who easily beats the crap out of people when she is sick and when they are much bigger than her. She also can't be killed easily surviving situations she shouldn't via plot armor. The other characters are constantly talking about her even when she is off-screen. She is never truly guilty of anything because the plot won't allow it, see her recent evil clone drama. Lyta seems like a marry sue to me, but whatever you think.

Edit - If I had written the evil clone stuff I would have had it been Lyta then when she returned she'd have to once more earn everyone's trust (which is called character development based upon character flaws). A character who learns and grows is a good character whereas one who never struggles thus never learns is a mary sue.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-02-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

what do you mean with "yandere"?
    It's a character archetype common in Japanese media. It's someone who puts on a friendly face but is secretly obsessive, derange and violent often homicidally. With Lyta being back and her son being kidnapped it would be very easy to turn Nyssa into that type of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Because she is the bestest warrior ever who easily beats the crap out of people when she is sick and when they are much bigger than her. She also can't be killed easily surviving situations she shouldn't via plot armor. The other characters are constantly talking about her even when she is off-screen. She is never truly guilty of anything because the plot won't allow it, see her recent evil clone drama. Lyta seems like a marry sue to me, but whatever you think.

Edit - If I had written the evil clone stuff I would have had it been Lyta then when she returned she'd have to once more earn everyone's trust (which is called character development based upon character flaws). A character who learns and grows is a good character whereas one who never struggles thus never learns is a mary sue.
    I don't know how you can possibility see Lyta being a Mary Sue. Just in latest episode alone we see she nearly beaten and nearly choked to death by Zod, and was under the influence of the black mercy for months. She didn't even break free with her own willpower. Extracting the toxin from the plant weaken the hold it had on her giving her the window to get free. Lyta is a emotionally vulnerable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't know how you can possibility see Lyta being a Mary Sue. Just in latest episode alone we see she nearly beaten and nearly choked to death by Zod, and was under the influence of the black mercy for months. She didn't even break free with her own willpower. Extracting the toxin from the plant weaken the hold it had on her giving her the window to get free. Lyta is a emotionally vulnerable character.
    I laid out my reasons. If you disagree with my assessment fine. I'll, likely, never see the character as anything more than a mary sue.

Astonishing Member

At this stage I'm just rooting for Nyssa to find her son. Seg can do whatever.

Nyssa is also a pretty badass warrior plus super smart and can outwit even Dru-Zod. The first thing that came to my mind when Lyta died was that it could be a clone.. and it was. I thought it was a great way to present the Black Mercy. I think the show has shown Lyta as someone very emotionally conflicted regarding her relationship with her mom and her son. It doesn't seem like everything is ideal to her. My only problem is just how much Seg still cares for her. It feels wrong because he has a son who is missing and the mother is Nyssa and she seems to love him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's a character archetype common in Japanese media. It's someone who puts on a friendly face but is secretly obsessive, derange and violent often homicidally. With Lyta being back and her son being kidnapped it would be very easy to turn Nyssa into that type of character.
    That would be terrible. I'd hate it. I don't know what the show is going to do to fix this. if they get another season.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    At this stage I'm just rooting for Nyssa to find her son. Seg can do whatever.
    Yeah.. :/

Nyssa is also a pretty badass warrior plus super smart and can outwit even Dru-Zod. The first thing that came to my mind when Lyta died was that it could be a clone.. and it was. I thought it was a great way to present the Black Mercy. I think the show has shown Lyta as someone very emotionally conflicted regarding her relationship with her mom and her son. She doesn't seem like everything is ideal to her. My only problem is just how much Seg still cares for her. It feels wrong because he has a son who is missing and the mother is Nyssa and she seems to love him too....
    I don't like any of the main characters in this story. All three have mary sue tendencies heck Seg is the worst offender. I half expected him to destroy Brainiac in the end, no joke. The secondary characters such as Lyta's Mother, Grandpa El, Strange, exact are far more interesting and well rounded, IMO.

I don't like any of the main characters in this story. All three have mary sue tendencies heck Seg is the worst offender. I half expected him to destroy Brainiac in the end, no joke. The secondary characters such as Lyta's Mother, Grandpa El, Strange, exact are far more interesting and well rounded, IMO.
    One of the things I like about this show is that all the characters have their own story arcs (some more than others) that are written quite well and with depth. The characters aren't perfect, they make mistakes, but at the end, this is based on the Superman mythos, so there are expectations just like we know Superman will somehow save the day.

Astonishing Member

I love Lyta's mother. She's a fantastic character, her and Nyssa made the first season for me because they weren't cookie cutters.

Jayna Zod was also my fave character last season. Dev-Em was quite interesting too. I liked both actors a lot. General Zod was great too. And Nyssa. I liked the Els fine, but the others were more captivating for me.

New info on the ratings for the week of July 1-7 in Live+7 and Percentage gain. Krypton is doubling its numbers to 902 viewers total. Hope that's enough for another season..

KRYPTON - SYFY - 454 - 902 - 448 - 99%

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dv...july-1-7-2019/
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-05-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Jayna Zod was also my fave character last season. Dev-Em was quite interesting too. I liked both actors a lot. General Zod was great too. And Nyssa. I liked the Els fine, but the others were more captivating for me.

New info on the ratings for the week of July 1-7 in Live+7 and Percentage gain. Krypton is doubling its numbers to 902 total viewers total. Hope that's enough for another season..

KRYPTON - SYFY - 454 - 902 - 448 - 99%

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dv...july-1-7-2019/
    I have no clue how to interpret the numbers but doubling your viewers sounds good. But this is Syfy so the axe was always dangling above.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I have no clue how to interpret the numbers but doubling your viewers sounds good. But this is Syfy so the axe was always dangling above.
    Krypton is getting rave reviews, so I hope it can continue somewhere else like the DC Universe app. Show is just too good to end.

Next episode looks very exciting! Listen to the video: Decrypting Krypton episode 8

https://www.syfy.com/krypton/videos/...on-2-episode-8

Maybe she is catching feelings, but I don't feel as if Nyssa is in love with Seg the way that Seg and Lyta are in love with each other. This latest episode has me questioning that feeling, but I figured that the warm feelings between Seg and Nyssa had more to do with their child then they had to do with each other. (Seg has a special love for Nyssa as the mother of his child and Nyssa has that same kind of love for Seg as the father of her child). It's love, but not the 'romantic' love that Seg and Lyta have.

Or, perhaps Nyssa has loved Seg since the last season and I just forgot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Maybe she is catching feelings, but I don't feel as if Nyssa is in love with Seg the way that Seg and Lyta are in love with each other. This latest episode has me questioning that feeling, but I figured that the warm feelings between Seg and Nyssa had more to do with their child then they had to do with each other. (Seg has a special love for Nyssa as the mother of his child and Nyssa has that same kind of love for Seg as the father of her child). It's love, but not the 'romantic' love that Seg and Lyta have.

Or, perhaps Nyssa has loved Seg since the last season and I just forgot lol
    Latest episode prove this wrong. My heart goes out to Nyssa.

Why did Nyssa need to lead a group to take the ship? She could have taken it herself judging how she dispatched most of them.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I enjoy the show but I'm not a fan of the love triangle.

Doomsday was terrifying. The show did a really good job of showcasing what a unstoppable monster he is.