Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
You are right, I just feel like Aaron mistreatment of the character is more egregious because It came at crucial moment (the movie) and therefore a good opportunity to really capture the essence of Dr Strange was lost and wasted. I'm also not very fond of the way he tried to "reinvent" magic (wich was totally fine) , it was like someone wanting to reinvent the wheel and then leaving your car in pieces after getting fed up with the task. Bendis as well is know for making tangled messes that at the end of the day don't really lead anywhere.
Aaron left Strange and the Marvel magical universe overall 'in pieces' as you say because ultimately his version of Strange was awful, and his version of Marvel magic didn't work and wasn't sustainable. Donny Cates did a decent job trying to work around the worst aspects of Aaron's mess. Waid, so far at least, is not even bothering to reference Aaron's weird AU version of Strange. He's moving the character forward again in a positive direction that is consistent with Strange's overall characterization from decades of previous stories. So long as he keeps that up, I'll keep reading.