Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Do you think Doctor Strange will play a huge part in Phase 4 of the MCU?

It seems like he’s got that Tony Stark type personality, and the comics seem to be planning some big things for him. I’ll

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    It seems like he’s got that Tony Stark type personality, and the comics seem to be planning some big things for him.
    I think they're going to tone that down the more he grows into the MCU. There was definitely a lot less of it in Infinity War then there was in his solo movie in my opinion.

Obviously the main thing I see them doing is developing him into the Sorcerer Supreme, but I'm curious if they'll find a way to bring the Eye of Agamotto back.

I don't know about a Doctor Strange 2, but I love the scene with him in Thor Ragnarok. It'd be cool if there was more of those, like with the X-Men Inferno and Ghost Riders movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    It seems like he’s got that Tony Stark type personality, and the comics seem to be planning some big things for him. I’ll
    That's pretty much a lock. Strange, Marvel, and T'Challa will be the new triumvirate

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don't know about a Doctor Strange 2, but I love the scene with him in Thor Ragnarok. It'd be cool if there was more of those, like with the X-Men Inferno and Ghost Riders movies.
    It's only been announced at the Disney shareholders meeting, not entirely publicly, but phase 4 includes Dr. Strange 2. Benedict Cumberbatch is great. I think he'll be an integral part of the MCU going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That's pretty much a lock. Strange, Marvel, and T'Challa will be the new triumvirate
    I have seen people say this, I might have even said it myself a couple times but honestly it is only trinity because Universal is being silly with Hulk rights or else after Avengers Hulk would have most definitely had an another movie. Also because Spiderman is with Sony, Marvel can't quite give him the focus they would want too he but would be getting major focus as well.The first 3 was more of an accident than on purpose and I don't really see Marvel just focusing on 3, It could easily be Black Panther,Captain Marvel, Dr Strange,Wolverine and Spiderman getting the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have seen people say this, I might have even said it myself a couple times but honestly it is only trinity because Universal is being silly with Hulk rights or else after Avengers Hulk would have most definitely had an another movie. Also because Spiderman is with Sony, Marvel can't quite give him the focus they would want too he but would be getting major focus as well.The first 3 was more of an accident than on purpose and I don't really see Marvel just focusing on 3, It could easily be Black Panther,Captain Marvel, Dr Strange,Wolverine and Spiderman getting the focus.
    I think the best thing for MCU Spider-Man is being off in his own little corner instead of interacting more with The Avengers or whatever the main drive of Phase 4 is.

Yeah, I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the best thing for MCU Spider-Man is being off in his own little corner instead of interacting more with The Avengers or whatever the main drive of Phase 4 is.
    That makes zero sense from business standpoint. He's definitely going to pop up in different movies outside of solos. Marvel's not going to make movies for Sony for free.

Boisterously Confused

Story-wise, he's been set up for a bigger role, as his decisions after examining the future drove the direction of events in AIW.

Studio-wise? Insufficient data at this point.

Spectacular Member

nevermind this
    Last edited by EsotericFailures; 04-04-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I won't complain, but would prefer Rocket, Goose and She-Hulk (whom should have had a movie a long time ago).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That makes zero sense from business standpoint. He's definitely going to pop up in different movies outside of solos. Marvel's not going to make movies for Sony for free.
    I wouldn't mind him turning up in an FF movie.

I can see him being the new connector/guy who pops up because he might not get another solo movie.

Incredible Member

I'm sure that besides his movies he will be part of the new Avengers team.