Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    180

    Default Do you think Doctor Strange will play a huge part in Phase 4 of the MCU?

    It seems like he’s got that Tony Stark type personality, and the comics seem to be planning some big things for him. I’ll

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    It seems like he’s got that Tony Stark type personality, and the comics seem to be planning some big things for him.
    I think they're going to tone that down the more he grows into the MCU. There was definitely a lot less of it in Infinity War then there was in his solo movie in my opinion.

    Obviously the main thing I see them doing is developing him into the Sorcerer Supreme, but I'm curious if they'll find a way to bring the Eye of Agamotto back.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    I don't know about a Doctor Strange 2, but I love the scene with him in Thor Ragnarok. It'd be cool if there was more of those, like with the X-Men Inferno and Ghost Riders movies.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    It seems like he’s got that Tony Stark type personality, and the comics seem to be planning some big things for him. I’ll
    That's pretty much a lock. Strange, Marvel, and T'Challa will be the new triumvirate
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don't know about a Doctor Strange 2, but I love the scene with him in Thor Ragnarok. It'd be cool if there was more of those, like with the X-Men Inferno and Ghost Riders movies.
    It's only been announced at the Disney shareholders meeting, not entirely publicly, but phase 4 includes Dr. Strange 2. Benedict Cumberbatch is great. I think he'll be an integral part of the MCU going forward.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That's pretty much a lock. Strange, Marvel, and T'Challa will be the new triumvirate
    I have seen people say this, I might have even said it myself a couple times but honestly it is only trinity because Universal is being silly with Hulk rights or else after Avengers Hulk would have most definitely had an another movie. Also because Spiderman is with Sony, Marvel can't quite give him the focus they would want too he but would be getting major focus as well.The first 3 was more of an accident than on purpose and I don't really see Marvel just focusing on 3, It could easily be Black Panther,Captain Marvel, Dr Strange,Wolverine and Spiderman getting the focus.

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have seen people say this, I might have even said it myself a couple times but honestly it is only trinity because Universal is being silly with Hulk rights or else after Avengers Hulk would have most definitely had an another movie. Also because Spiderman is with Sony, Marvel can't quite give him the focus they would want too he but would be getting major focus as well.The first 3 was more of an accident than on purpose and I don't really see Marvel just focusing on 3, It could easily be Black Panther,Captain Marvel, Dr Strange,Wolverine and Spiderman getting the focus.
    I think the best thing for MCU Spider-Man is being off in his own little corner instead of interacting more with The Avengers or whatever the main drive of Phase 4 is.

  8. #8
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,165

    Default

    Yeah, I believe so.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  9. #9
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the best thing for MCU Spider-Man is being off in his own little corner instead of interacting more with The Avengers or whatever the main drive of Phase 4 is.
    That makes zero sense from business standpoint. He's definitely going to pop up in different movies outside of solos. Marvel's not going to make movies for Sony for free.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  10. #10
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    Story-wise, he's been set up for a bigger role, as his decisions after examining the future drove the direction of events in AIW.

    Studio-wise? Insufficient data at this point.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    158

    Default

    nevermind this
    Last edited by EsotericFailures; 04-04-2019 at 07:03 AM.

  12. #12
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That's pretty much a lock. Strange, Marvel, and T'Challa will be the new triumvirate
    I won't complain, but would prefer Rocket, Goose and She-Hulk (whom should have had a movie a long time ago).

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That makes zero sense from business standpoint. He's definitely going to pop up in different movies outside of solos. Marvel's not going to make movies for Sony for free.
    I wouldn't mind him turning up in an FF movie.

  14. #14

    Default

    I can see him being the new connector/guy who pops up because he might not get another solo movie.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I'm sure that besides his movies he will be part of the new Avengers team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •