Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Mostly agree! "Under York" may not have been the way to go. I guess the series promised a Return to the basics of a friendly neighborhood, and, barring a couple of shoutouts to Peter's neighbors, that element took a back seat to this Under York thing, which is kind of disappointing.
    Agree with you!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    No need to apologize. I just don't like the trivialization of real-life conditions in fantasy settings. I hope you're right and this doesn't just become Aunt May fake out death number 1237. No joke, I'll go over the heads of Those in Charge of Marvel and give Disney a piece of my mind if this is treated as a joke or an excuse to instantly resurect Aunt May again.
    You really think Disney has a hand in the B-plot of the second tier Spidey comic?

And how do you plan on giving them “a piece of your mind” exactly?

I'm sad Cabal couldn't even finish the issue and is also not drawing the next arc. X-23 all over again.
    I did like the arc a lot, especially for the characterizations and for the introduction of Rumor. I think she has tons of potential and is a really unique addition to SM's supporting cast.
    I thought the Under York stuff would get a proper ending, but I guess it's going to be a recurring element in the series? I don't think Taylor explored it that well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Eh, after 4 so-so issues all I can say is I miss Chip and Spec. And the breast cancer storyline just seems an easy way to gin up drama. There’s no real stakes since we know May won’t die. And in the unlikely case she does, it’ll be undone faster than you can say “ASM# 400.”
    Yeah I just cannot help but agree about the Aunt May subplot as we all know what the last time she was hurt that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm sad Cabal couldn't even finish the issue and is also not drawing the next arc. X-23 all over again.
    I did like the arc a lot, especially for the characterizations and for the introduction of Rumor. I think she has tons of potential and is a really unique addition to SM's supporting cast.
    I thought the Under York stuff would get a proper ending, but I guess it's going to be a recurring element in the series? I don't think Taylor explored it that well.
    Cabal finished the arc, just the last few pages were finished by someone else. Other than that, this one was all him. Next up is Yildiray Cinar then back to Cabal, and then it looks like Ken Lashley comes on board.

No need to apologize. I just don't like the trivialization of real-life conditions in fantasy settings. I hope you're right and this doesn't just become Aunt May fake out death number 1237. No joke, I'll go over the heads of Those in Charge of Marvel and give Disney a piece of my mind if this is treated as a joke or an excuse to instantly resurect Aunt May again.
    Well, I would argue that Disney doesn't necessarily care what happens in a Spider-Man comic, let alone the B title, but I see what you're saying. At this point, we don't know the story or where it could go. I think issue 5 may just be where we'll see it going.

Eh, after 4 so-so issues all I can say is I miss Chip and Spec. And the breast cancer storyline just seems an easy way to gin up drama. There’s no real stakes since we know May won’t die. And in the unlikely case she does, it’ll be undone faster than you can say “ASM# 400.”
    As for missing Chip and SPEC, I agree with you there!

Arrow

You really think Disney has a hand in the B-plot of the second tier Spidey comic?

And how do you plan on giving them “a piece of your mind” exactly?
    No, but they don't like potential bad press either.

Write a letter. While I know it likely won't make a difference I'll feel compelled to do so if the story pans out the way I fear.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

No, but they don't like potential bad press either.
    What bad press? That they didn't let Aunt May die of cancer? But really, as others have said, no one at Disney gives the least bit of a fu*k over a B-plot in a Spidey satellite title. They don't know about it, don't care about it, and have no desire to exert any influence over a single thing about it.

As for this first arc of FNSM, I'm pretty soft on it. Cabal's art was nice and Taylor has a good grasp of Peter as a character but, boy, the storyline itself was a bit a of a dud.

I just don't care about some subterranean city in the pages of a Spider-Man book. It doesn't feel like a Spidey plot to me. And if I possibly could be made to care about it, Taylor failed to make me do so.

I'll probably stick around for a little bit and see if it improves but it's on the bubble and I can see myself dropping it sooner rather than later.

I actually enjoyed this arc. After all the crazy things Peter has gone through in Amazing, this seems....normal? Is that the word? I understand the irony giving I'm taking about an arc that introduced an entire undergound society, but it does seem more down to earth (ha ha). I do love the "Neighborhood stands up for thier own" aspect. It's fitting given the title.

If Spencer's run is Spider-Man, then Taylor's is Peter Parker. They're both different sides of the same coin and they're both awesome. Best way I can describe it.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Prof. Warren;4263921]What bad press? That they didn't let Aunt May die of cancer? But really, as others have said, no one at Disney gives the least bit of a fu*k over a B-plot in a Spidey satellite title. They don't know about it, don't care about it, and have no desire to exert any influence over a single thing about it.

As for this first arc of FNSM, I'm pretty soft on it. Cabal's art was nice and Taylor has a good grasp of Peter as a character but, boy, the storyline itself was a bit a of a dud.

I just don't care about some subterranean city in the pages of a Spider-Man book. It doesn't feel like a Spidey plot to me. And if I possibly could be made to care about it, Taylor failed to make me do so.

I'll probably stick around for a little bit and see if it improves but it's on the bubble and I can see myself dropping it sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE
    This story might be better in the Fantastic Four ( see Mole.Man). As for Aunt May in peril, this has been done so many times before it is boring ( starting with the Master Planner Saga), so wake me up if something different happens ( like her dying and coming back a decade ( or more) later). Of course, I think FNSM is going to be "Sleeping With The Fish" sooner rather then later. Why? Ock is outselling Satellite title Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    I actually enjoyed this arc. After all the crazy things Peter has gone through in Amazing, this seems....normal? Is that the word? I understand the irony giving I'm taking about an arc that introduced an entire undergound society, but it does seem more down to earth (ha ha). I do love the "Neighborhood stands up for thier own" aspect. It's fitting given the title.

If Spencer's run is Spider-Man, then Taylor's is Peter Parker. They're both different sides of the same coin and they're both awesome. Best way I can describe it.
    I was beginning to think I was the only one here! Haha

I like how Tom Taylor writes but I can not be less interested in The Rumor and Under York. Pity.

I do think its funny how so many people are talking about how much they miss Zdarsky and Spectacular, meanwhile majority of people had the exact same feelings and complaints 4 issues into his Spectacular run too

I think Taylor's writing and the characters themselves have all been really good and fun to read, though I will agree the story itself and the Under York stuff just wasn't that interesting. But again, Zdarsky's book got the ball rolling by its second arc, and just like the Jonah issue before it, the Aunt May stuff has been the most intriguing so far so I wanna see where that is gonna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I do think its funny how so many people are talking about how much they miss Zdarsky and Spectacular, meanwhile majority of people had the exact same feelings and complaints 4 issues into his Spectacular run too

I think Taylor's writing and the characters themselves have all been really good and fun to read, though I will agree the story itself and the Under York stuff just wasn't that interesting. But again, Zdarsky's book got the ball rolling by its second arc, and just like the Jonah issue before it, the Aunt May stuff has been the most intriguing so far so I wanna see where that is gonna go.
    Thank you! I was about to say this same thing. Zdarsky, no matter how great he became, did not set the first arc on fire, even I liked that too. I think we'll see a similar pattern play out here.