The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default "nerf-herder" or "moof-milker": which is the graver insult in STAR WARS?

In the STAR WARS Galaxy so long ago and far, far away, if you're going to insult somebody, you're probably going to call him/her a nerf-herder or a moof-milker, but which of the two insults do you think is likely the more demeaning and degrading?

I must confess, when I saw THE LAST JEDI, I was wondering if that creature that Luke was milking on Ahch-To was a moof (it wasn't; it's a thala siren). The idea that it *could have been* a moof had me in stitches, though, because I kept thinking that Luke really ended up becoming what Han likely called him on more than one occasion.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I think the prequels also had the "sleemo" insult. It shows up in TPM (Anakin addressing Sebulba before the race) and AOTC (When Zam is killed).

And of course the classic "Bantha Poodoo"
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think the prequels also had the "sleemo" insult. It shows up in TPM (Anakin addressing Sebulba before the race) and AOTC (When Zam is killed).

And of course the classic "Bantha Poodoo"
    Being called a giant pile of poop has to be worse than being called slime, an uneducated farmer, or a rancher of smelly alien bovine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The subtitles list it as "Fodder" but Lucas probably thought it sounded funny enough, hence it showing up a few times in the PT.

The subtitles list it as "Fodder" but Lucas probably thought it sounded funny enough, hence it showing up a few times in the PT.
    I thought Bantha poodoo (poop) and Bantha fodder (food) were separate insults? Isn't fodder used by Jabba in ROTJ?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jabba says "Bantha poodoo" in Huttese, and the film's subtitles say "Bantha fodder".

Jabba says "Bantha poodoo" in Huttese, and the film's subtitles say "Bantha fodder".
    Did that change? I don't doubt you for a second but there I times I watch the movie, think I see something different, watch the DVD version, then the THX version and all 3 scenes are different.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Did that change? I don't doubt you for a second but there I times I watch the movie, think I see something different, watch the DVD version, then the THX version and all 3 scenes are different.
    No, it's always been the same translation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)