Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did read a rumour that a new comic series is coming soon by Snyder and Capullo.

not sure if there is any truth to it.

hope so

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    If you've read Wein, Moore and Millar you've read the best stuff that I know of (though I haven't read the New 52 stuff past the first TPB).

If you want more, Rick Veitch did some good stuff for his first storyline (which is in TPB) - though some of the dialogue is really clunky. His second storyline was just tedious for me - and then it got unceremoniously chopped off by DC.

Avoid Doug Wheeler's run like the plague. It is terrible.

Nancy A Collins's run is nothing special, but I enjoyed it well enough. She had some good fill-ins by another writer.

I only read the first five issues of Brian K Vaughan's run, but it didn't grab me at all.
    I would add like I did above that Swamp Thing appears in the Justice League Dark and the Jeff Lemir's run is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I did read a rumour that a new comic series is coming soon by Snyder and Capullo.

not sure if there is any truth to it.

hope so
    WHAT ! Snyder want's also to ruin Swamp Thing. Let's hope not.

What great timing, kind of.

A Nancy Collins Omnibus has been announced for Jan next year. Insta buy for me.

I can read all the other stuff till then and finally read her run in a physical format.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    WHAT ! Snyder want's also to ruin Swamp Thing. Let's hope not.

Did you not like his last run on Swampy ?

Did you not like his last run on Swampy ?
    I didn't even know he did a previous run on him.
    But all I've read from Scott Snyder was let's say very disapointing.

Incredible Member

ill be checking that out mate I think I need to give the series a rewatch.
    Thank you. I hope you like them.

yeah man really looking forward to the new series coming soon.
    I bet it'll be great, especially after seeing what James Wan did with the Aquaman movie.

Swampy's my favorite recurring comics hero, and Moore's run is second only to Sandman among my favorite comics runs ever. With my credentials out of the way...

One that hasn't been mentioned so far: I found the perpetually underrated writer Joshua Dysart's fairly brief run pretty great, what little I read of it. Checking online, though, the balance of opinion seems to be less enthusiastic. Pretty hardcore horror, unlike most other runs. 10 or so issues are collected in two slim trades that are easy and cheap to come by, from what I recall.

I think Rick Veitch's post-Moore run is fantastic - a worthy successor, which is a high bar to cross. But it takes some work to track it all down - I ended up buying almost the entirety in a combination of trades and individual issues from third-party sellers on Amazon, if I recall correctly, and it wasn't too expensive in total. Come to think of it, I need to get those back from the guy I loaned them to a few years ago.

I read the first trade of Millar's run and remember enjoying it; I remember almost nothing about it, though. Reading the next two trades has been on my medium-level priority reading list for a while. Such a long list....

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Swampy's my favorite recurring comics hero, and Moore's run is second only to Sandman among my favorite comics runs ever. With my credentials out of the way...

One that hasn't been mentioned so far: I found the perpetually underrated writer Joshua Dysart's fairly brief run pretty great, what little I read of it. Checking online, though, the balance of opinion seems to be less enthusiastic. Pretty hardcore horror, unlike most other runs. 10 or so issues are collected in two slim trades that are easy and cheap to come by, from what I recall.

I think Rick Veitch's post-Moore run is fantastic - a worthy successor, which is a high bar to cross. But it takes some work to track it all down - I ended up buying almost the entirety in a combination of trades and individual issues from third-party sellers on Amazon, if I recall correctly, and it wasn't too expensive in total. Come to think of it, I need to get those back from the guy I loaned them to a few years ago.

I read the first trade of Millar's run and remember enjoying it; I remember almost nothing about it, though. Reading the next two trades has been on my medium-level priority reading list for a while. Such a long list....
    What issues are Joshua’s run?

I enjoyed Millar’s run. You should definitely get it finished.

What great timing, kind of.

A Nancy Collins Omnibus has been announced for Jan next year. Insta buy for me.
    Good news! I'd like to read that. However I'm really disappointed that they seem to be skipping a collection of Veitch's run.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...utes-for-2020/

[EDIT: From the link: "it’s a grassroots political campaign as Swamp Thing finds himself a surprise candidate for governor of Louisiana."

Wait. Wait wait wait. Really? Oh, now I have to read this!]
    Last edited by Yohei72; 03-23-2019 at 01:49 PM.

What issues are Joshua’s run?
    According to Wikipedia, issues 9-29 of the fourth series, which started in 2004, after Vaughan (which I also haven't read - I'm a huge fan of his Saga, OBVIOUSLY, but there's so much fan hate for his Swampy run that it's discouraged me).

I'd really like to see Grant Morrison do an ongoing run - I understand he co-wrote the first arc of Millar's.
    Last edited by Yohei72; 03-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Incredible Member

I thought it was top notch too - absolutely first rate art and idea of taking him through time worked - sgt rock issue is one of my favs. Sad to watch that run fall apart into random fill ins but until that point its very fine

According to Wikipedia, issues 9-29 of the fourth series, which started in 2004, after Vaughan (which I also haven't read - I'm a huge fan of his Saga, OBVIOUSLY, but there's so much fan hate for his Swampy run that it's discouraged me).

I'd really like to see Grant Morrison do an ongoing run - I understand he co-wrote the first arc of Millar's.

Now that I would be on board with.

Yeah he wrote the first arc of Millar’s run ( millar still co-wrote ). Morrison is an ideal fit for Swampy.

Oh - I completely forgot about that run.

Yeah, I hated it - and I hated the Andy Diggle story that started the run even more.

Nice art though.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Oh - I completely forgot about that run.

Yeah, I hated it - and I hated the Andy Diggle story that started the run even more.

Nice art though.
    Just read the Andy Diggle Run and now onto the subsequent issues. I quite liked it but it seems to just ignore Brain K Vaughan’s previous run ( Vol 3 ). Any info on that ?

Yeah the art is pretty good.

Does anyone known about a new series starting up anytime soon?

A new series along side the new TV show seems possible.