Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I must say.

Although I am liking the art in general, I hate how swamp thing is drawn in Vol 4.

It's was already recommended here – Dysart's portion of ST v4 is indeed worth your time. Diggle's story was decent, but Dysart wrote some really great episodes that still stick with me (Holland Mind and Little Runaway being the best of the bunch). I'm still sad that the last 8 issues were never collected in TPB (and the existing TPBs also skipped Richard Corben's fill-in episodes).

Nancy Collins' run was mostly boring, though here's hoping it comes out in TPB format as well. She did write one of my fav ST episodes (Lady Jane, ST v2 #120.)

I am liking Dysart so far. Some very grim, horrific story telling going on.

BANNED

Well, my questions are simple... they are related to Swamp Thing's origins.

1- Is Holland's bio-restorative serum having been "retconned" (by Moore) as totally useless/unnecessary in the creation of Swamp Thing? I'm saying this because the other members of the Parliament of Trees have been created when an animal burning in flames have met the earth. No serum involved, of course. This angle kinda disappoints me, but I'm asking anyway...

2- In the new DC continuity, is Swamp Thing still the creator of the Parliament of Trees via time travel? And are the older members of the Parliament to be considered "copies" of Swamp Thing/Alec anyway? I just haven't read those stories (yet).

3- Is the new DC continuity discarding the Alan Moore origin?

4- Was the final Alan Moore SW story suitable for being considered as the "definitive ending" of Swamp Thing, theorically speaking?

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 08-06-2019 at 05:52 PM.