View Poll Results: Outside of the Big 2 publishers, I regularly pick up comics from...

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • IDW

11 35.48%

14 45.16%
  • Dark Horse

11 35.48%
  • Valiant

3 9.68%
  • Boom!

7 22.58%
  • Dynamite

9 29.03%
  • Other

11 35.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Outside of the Big 2 publishers, I regularly pick up comics from...

Outside of DC and Marvel publications, which "independent" publisher to you regularly pick up comics from?

Choose all that apply

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Archie for me. Been a fan for forty years.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm almost strictly a DC fan in my adulthood (read Marvel in almost equal measure as a kid) but I'm in love with the Black Hammer universe at Dark Horse. Ahoy Comics has had a really great start too.

Pretty much all of them, actually. I don't read anything from Valiant these days but I pick up stuff from almost everyone else.

Im reading fewer indies now than I was a couple years ago though. And admittedly, my only "regular" purchase from BOOM! is Morrison's annual Klaus one-shot.

Seriously, if you've never read Klaus......there are no words to tell you how good that comic is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

All of them, really. Mostly Aftershock, Dark Horse, Ahoy, Image, Titan. Sometimes IDW.

Aftershock puts on The Relay, which is my favorite book currently.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-21-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Archie for me.
    Me as well. They've been producing collections from some of Archie Comics from the 60s and 70s like Archie And Me, Betty And Me, Reggie And Me, Life With Archie, Archie At Riverdale High, and Betty & Veronica Spectacular. It's been a nice trip down memory lane for me.

I checked all but Valiant (I buy more non big-2 than big 2 books).

As for others that I checked it includes Oni Press, Titan, Humanoids, Fantagraphics, First Second, Source Point Press, Cinebook, and others. I only get 2 Marvel books (Conan & Savage Sword) and 6 DC (4 of which are the Sandman Universe books from Vertigo). I do have Marvel Unlimited and DC universe though, and follow some titles via those. I do pick up a few DC titles in trade and read a handful more from my local library as well, but I am not fond of the monthly periodical format any more (it's a dinosaur format without any appeal to anyone who hasn't been reading comics that way for a long time), and only pick up a handful of monthlies to support certain endeavors, creators, and the guys at my lcs.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Dark Horse is the only one I buy any books from "regularly", and that's just for some of the Hellboy/Mignolaverse titles.
    I do occasionally get things from Dynamite, but that's on a very irregular basis.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Image for stuff like Hack/Slash, Lazarus, Moonshine, East of West, Black Monday Murders, Black Magick, Old Guard, Revival (ended), Saga, Paper Girls, used to grab Top Cow stuff, etc.

BOOM! mostly for Power Rangers which I fall in and out of, and:

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im reading fewer indies now than I was a couple years ago though. And admittedly, my only "regular" purchase from BOOM! is Morrison's annual Klaus one-shot.

Seriously, if you've never read Klaus......there are no words to tell you how good that comic is.
    One of the best parts of the holiday season for me.

The last non-Big 2 book I picked up was Walt Simonson's Ragnarok.

Funny thing is, Marvel might as well be a small press company to me as I hardly ever buy anything from them anymore.
    Batman - Daredevil

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I don't purchase many comics in general. But from Image I regularly buy/read both Die, and Paper Girls. Every year or so I catch up on whatever Pathfinder series Dynamite has been publishing, and finally I'm always on the look out for Umbrella Academy from Dark Horse.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

IDW ... Ghostbusters, TMNT, Transformers, 30 days of night, X-Files, they got my favorite Red 5 comic and possibly my favorite character of all time Atomic Robo now.

I think my Big 2 purchases have been limited to Vertigo and Icon and imprints the last 20 years.

But IDW after Dark Horse lost Star Wars would be the major one for me the last 5-7 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lion Forge
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Viz/Shonen Jump. Even when I've been out of American comics, I still got new digests of Food Wars.

Invincible Member

Image, Dark Horse, occasionally something from Valiant or Boom. I was checking out Lions Forge but my store has cut back. Odd random stuff from wherever...