Astonishing Member

Default You think there should be X-MEN Life Story like Spider-man.

I read the first issue of Spider-man Life Story by Chip Zdarsky and Mark Bagley with Spider-man aging in real time and dealing with hot topics from a decade in each issue, starting with the 60s. I Think the X-MEN would be a great books to do this on as well. 60s with the height of the civil rights movement and X-men just forming. 70s there alot of topics. 80s with Reagan and the Mutant Registration Act. ect. I would love to read something like that, a title like X-MEN would benefit in real time and you see the characters age in real time and you see teams coming and going. 80s would be the formation of the new mutants with the X-Men adults. what you think.

It would need more pages but yes I would like to see Old Man Scott and Lookin' Good Logan arguing like a gay couple over the existence of the Samsquanch.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Summers / Grey Family - Scott, Alex, Jean, Rachel, Cable - I would definitely buy that. I would love it too if they had Emma along for the ride, but not as a villain, just as a very sarcastic ally.

Definitely. The X-Men, more than any other franchise, suffers from the sliding timescale.

I have the feeling that until Jean's first resurrection and the creation of the X-factor the X-men were aging almost normally.

In the 60s the O5 were clearly teenagers. Between 14-18 years.

In the 70s the O5 were already young adults, Jean was in college, Hank had his degree, etc. First class could be in their 25ish.

In the 80s the team was almost completely different (and younger) and far from Xavier's command, the New Mutants were new generation of young students, Xavier retired and was replaced by Erik, Scott left to raise a family, etc. It would be ok the older members be over 30.

But than the editors reversed it all. And CC was clearly against it. Just read his opinion about Jean's return, Madelyne and Inferno.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Imagine if John Byrne did a X-Men: Generations book. Bodies dropping left and right.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Imagine if John Byrne did a X-Men: Generations book. Bodies dropping left and right.
    He's gonna give Magik terf bangs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I googled terf bangs and they look like her bangs in Dead Souls.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Isn't that the norm?

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Terf.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Definitely. The X-Men, more than any other franchise, suffers from the sliding timescale.
    Wouldn't it just end up with newer generations replacing older ones? Apart from Wolverine, older members would die or grow old, and younger ones would actually be on the team instead of stuck in school. That means the present day team would probably mostly be the New X-Men, who being teenagers in the mid 2000s would be in their 20s or even early 30s by now. People like Pixie and Armor. The original five X-men would be in their 70s and definitely either retired or gone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't it just end up with newer generations replacing older ones? Apart from Wolverine, older members would die or grow old, and younger ones would actually be on the team instead of stuck in school. That means the present day team would probably mostly be the New X-Men, who being teenagers in the mid 2000s would be in their 20s or even early 30s by now. People like Pixie and Armor. The original five X-men would be in their 70s and definitely either retired or gone.
    Likely, but you've to think that some other X-men other than wolvie could possibly be looonger lived...in some form...(ie being stuck in their inorganic form as example. ruby Summers stopped agin in her ruby form so stand to reason that other mutant with similar powerset will stop aging in their inorganic form).
    It would be interesting anyway seeing wolvie really catching up on possibly outliving all his former friends...

Claremont tried to retire Scott but editorial was having none of it. I'd have loved to see the X-Men get older, retire, and the OG New Mutants become the X-Men.

Wasn't something similar done in Ed Piskor's work? I might be wrong but I seem to recall a similar concept being done, recently.