Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Top 10 Supervillains in the DC Universe

Who are the most dangerous supervillains in the DCU and why are they a big threat?

Try to limit the list to 10 or so.

Extraordinary Member

My 10 just off the top of my head:

Darkseid
    Luthor
    Brainiac
    Joker
    Sinestro
    Grodd
    Black Adam
    Mordru
    Trigon
    Ra's A Ghul
    Ultra Humanite

My Top 10:

Darkseid
    Lex Luthor
    The Joker
    Black Adam
    Black Manta
    Mongul
    Atrocitus
    Prometheus
    Talia al Ghul
    Deathstroke

My top 10 wouldn't at all be the biggest threats. The biggest threats are mostly the villains that typically appear in events and don't tend to have a lot of personality. The Anti-Monitor and World Forger would probably qualify as a couple of the top 10 threats but they're each as generic as a comic book character can be.

The lists others have already posted are much better villains than the ones that are the biggest threats, IMO.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know what you would mean by dangerous. Do you mean, like, the most powerful or the scariest or the ones who have the biggest impact on their respective heroes?

Well, either way, here goes nothing, considering all three of the criteria I just listed:

Darkseid: despotic, calculating, and manipulative; a literal god, who has, several times, taken over the whole world and/or universe including when he used the Anti-Life Equation to bend every sentient living being to his will. Oh, and the mere presence of his true form in our universe causes all of reality to fold in on itself

Lex Luthor: Superman's arch nemesis who has made every hero in the DCU's lives miserable for decades, including using his power as President to turn the public against Superman and Batman, destroying New Krypton, framing Bruce Wayne for murder, almost destroying Metropolis, etc.

Anti-Monitor: can literally eat whole universes

Joker: bats%*t crazy and crazy about the Bat; paralyzed Barbara Gordon, murdered Jason Todd, killed Sarah Essen, blew up a school, has killed people senselessly on numerous occasions including during the Laughing Fish arc, stole Mxyzptlk's powers, etc.

Sinestro: Sinestro Corps War is really all you need.

Doomsday: cuz you know...he's a giant rage monster who killed Superman

Reverse Flash: so incredibly unstable and with all of the powers of a speedster in the DCU. Killed Iris West, almost killed Fiona Webb, forcing Barry to kill him (albeit not for long), poses as Barry in the Return of Barry Allen arc and causing Wally to doubt his place as the Flash, was at the center of Flashpoint, etc.

Cyborg Superman (Hank Henshaw): destroyed all of Coast City and made Mongul into a servant. On this list because he is probably one of the most personal villains for both Superman and Green Lantern, since he pulled off one of the most tragic events in the DCU's history

Ra's al Ghul: basically immortal madman who has almost destroyed the world many times over, knows Batman's identity, has taken out the whole JLA in the past, and is probably one of the greatest strategic minds of the DCU

Trigon: has conquered almost countless realities and is obviously one of the most powerful DC villains.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My Top 10:
    Mongul
    Prometheus
    Both of these are great choices that I left off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    My top 10 wouldn't at all be the biggest threats. The biggest threats are mostly the villains that typically appear in events and don't tend to have a lot of personality. The Anti-Monitor and World Forger would probably qualify as a couple of the top 10 threats but they're each as generic as a comic book character can be.

The lists others have already posted are much better villains than the ones that are the biggest threats, IMO.

I don't know what you would mean by dangerous. Do you mean, like, the most powerful or the scariest or the one's who have the biggest impact on their respective heroes?
    By most dangerous I mean bigger threats to the whole world.

Nr 1 Black Manta, he killed a baby without mercy

I would throw Starro the Conqueror into the mix.

Darkseid
    Luthor
    Joker
    Sinestro
    Grodd
    Black Manta
    Reverse Flash
    Deathstroke
    Black Adam
    Catwoman
    (though the last three could be argued to be anti-heroes, rather than villains).

I'd rather foccus on the 10 villains that should be raised to Top 10 levels:

Neron - He could be DC's Mephisto. Loved his first appearence in Underworld. Though I think he could use a visual remake.
    Eclipso - He got a great boost in the 90's but they didn't take it far enough. As a "God of Evil", he's actually has the potential to be more intresting than Darkseid.
    Circe - This list sure needs more women. Circe is powerful cruel and ruthless, and deserves to have the spotlight of Wonder Woman's badest bad.
    Prometheus - The Batmanof villains. Of course this guys needs to be used very carefully (if the heroes always defeat him, he loses credibility. and no one wants to see the villain always win, especially when he wants to kill the good guys).
    Mongul - Potentially, the Thanos of the DCU. And they were created by the same guy. Mongul is another who should be very hard to defeat, and not just physically.
    Ultra Humanite - Let Lex Luthor be the evil genius businessman. The Ultra-Humanite should be the evil crazy scientist. And the body switching thing is a gimmick that needs to be put to better use.
    Vandal Savage - The Immortal villain, power and experience, this one must be feared.
    Queen Bee - I Love the JLI version, the crafty seductress who plays a game of political dominance with the minds of men. In fact, I like the whole more globalized and political complex DCU Earth of the late 80's - early 90's.
    Captain Nazi or Baron Blitzkreig - C'mon, what's more fun than a Nazi super-villian, but whichever one we chosse to use, he shouldn't be played for laughs. If used well, this is a villain who could really thrive in the current "diversity foccused" world we live in.
    Monarch - C'mon, an uber-powerful former hero who actually has a shot at conquering the whole world. Monarch needs to be brought back and done right.

Peace

While I like Darkseid, and agree with his place on such lists, he does take attention away from villains who could be just as formidable. I also do not think villains don't have to be world ending to be on this list, such as Superman's early rogues.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can probably give you my top 10, but they wouldn’t be the most dangerous, exactly. They would definitely be my favorite though.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The really scary thing about Luthor is his public image. It works in his favor so well he gets elected President.
    Despite being so public, especially as a fugitive, he never dons a secret identity to protect him from being swarmed the second he resurfaces again.
    Someone like Darkseid does not have that.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Emerald Empress
    Mongul
    Brainiac
    Circe
    Per Degaton
    Silver Swan
    Poison Ivy
    Cheshire
    Mordru
    Vandal Savage
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 03-22-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Top ten villains. Not as far as threat but that plays a factor. This is what comes to mind.

1. The Joker
    2. Lex Luthor
    3. Darkseid
    4. Sinestro
    5. Deathstroke
    6. Black Adam
    7. Ra's Al Ghul
    8. Brainiac
    9. Zoom
    10. Vandall Savage