Default Coming Back to Comics & I NEED HELP!

Good day ladies and gents.

My son & I are dropping back into the Comics Game after a lengthy lay-off on my part (stopped collecting in 2015).

I'm operating on a limited comics budget, so what are your opinions on the following books, and are they worth giving a slot to on the pull-list?

-Dr. Strange

-Amazing Spider-Man

-Savage Sword of Conan

-Conan the Barbarian

Thanks, Mike

Amazing Spider-Man is an absolute blast right now! Definitely recommend!!

I wasn’t crazy about the others on your list but I know others are really enjoying Dr. Strange.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Thanks for the info!

Amazing Member

Both Conan titles have been absolutely superb so far. Amazing Spiderman is what it is, classic spiderman. You either like it or not, I like classic spiderman stories so I love it.
    Would also recommend the current fantastic four run or any of the Star Wars titles.

-Dr. Strange : good stories and supporting cast, excellent art.

-Amazing Spider-Man: grown from being quite good to really excellent over the course of Spencer's run.

-Savage Sword of Conan: really good fun so far

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum-Mike View Post

My son & I are dropping back into the Comics Game after a lengthy lay-off on my part (stopped collecting in 2015).

I'm operating on a limited comics budget, so what are your opinions on the following books, and are they worth giving a slot to on the pull-list?

-Dr. Strange

-Amazing Spider-Man

-Savage Sword of Conan

-Conan the Barbarian

Thanks, Mike
    A comic series worth trade waiting for is "Meet the Skrulls" it is a 5 issue mini series in the vein of Amazing Spider Man ( the old Saturday morning cartoon with shared animation cells from Rocket Robin Hood, with a heaping helping of the FX series The Americans) Nick Spencer has been killing it on Amazing Spider-Man so it's recommended as well. If you are a Conan fan ante up the $$$ because Conan will be in Savage Avengers(!) as well as Conan the Barbarian, and Savage Sword of Conan they are still good though
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum-Mike View Post

-Dr. Strange

-Amazing Spider-Man

-Savage Sword of Conan

-Conan the Barbarian

Thanks, Mike

If you don't mind digital, and your budget is limited, sign up for Marvel Unlimited. I think it's like $10 a month, and gives you access to ALL the stuff published, only 6 months later. You can also catch up on all the stuff you've missed since 2015, plus tons of older comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?