Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

spoilers:
    I don't usually advocate for the deaths of younger characters. Quite the opposite, really. But someone please, please, PLEASE kill Moneta. Keeping a pregnant woman chained in the basement earns it, I think. (To say nothing of slapping her around!)

Things are starting to heat up between Betsy and Fred, and it's really a sad and fragile connection. They're both so lonely. But there's something creepy about it all the same - not so much in the relationship itself, but the power imbalance. Betsy can end it all at any time, just by doing her job and mind-wiping Fred, while keeping her own agency. Interested in where this goes, but I can't see it having a happy outcome.

Jubilee got smacked full in the face by her own complicity this issue, and it's definitely something she's struggling with. But, you know, considering that even she calls Moneta a "little monster" and yet never checked to see just what conditions she was keeping their "guest" in? And that she tried to argue she'd never done anything against the woman she helped arrest so she could be reconditioned? She needed the wake-up call.

Really, this book is just unsettling precisely because it's so deliberately paced and the resistance to the system comes in such small doses. In NextGen, X-Tracts, and Prisoner X we've got characters who are already aware that something's very wrong, and even in Nightcrawler's solo, we see resistance on several levels, even in the midst of the propaganda machines. But the X-Tremists cast are buried so deep in the workings of Nate's dream that they're only just at the questioning stage, and we're getting to see all the damage they're doing in the meantime.

I'm guessing Nezumi's treatment is going to be the fracturing point for a lot of the team next issue, but let's see.
    end of spoilers

This is very, very good.