Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Gwenpool got her own Gashapon vending machine in Japan! That's so cool!

The character seems to be a genuine hit in the country. Hopefully that will inspire Marvel to create more Gwenpool content they can sell overseas. International market FTW!

It helps that her artists are Japanese, so her comic looks like a manga. But yeah, perhaps they should get them back drawing Gwen again. Especially if Unstoppable Wasp is about to be cancelled, which would mean the ladies need new work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She, along with Squirrel Girl and ms Marvel was part of a big push in Japan wasn't she? With special manga style trades or something like that. Kind of another thing that illustrates how the Diamond numbers we get are becoming an increasingly less important piece of the puzzle when it comes to a book's success though. Between the new manga style books Marvel jsut announced, the Scholastic deals that keep Moon Girl alive after all this time, Ms Marvel by all accounts doing particularly well in digital, Squirrel Girl being huge in trades keeping it alive, etc. It's silly that some are still treating the Diamond charts as all that matters when the other markets are becoming more important.

But yeah, with West Coast Avengers done, hopefully they may have more in the pipeline for her to take advantage of this market. Hell, go meta with it (as is her thing, after all) and have her take a trip to Japan and explore some manga tropes.

please tatsunoko or bones drop the gwenpool anime
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

How about a Hawkeye style teamup book with her and Wade? Get a decent enough writer behind it like Gerry Duggan or Al Ewing and you could have something that might be a lot of fun.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Don't they hate each other? Gwen thinks Wade is too "lol, memes" and Wade thinks Gwen is a second rate knock off (ironic, considering that Wade was actually a copycat himself, being originally based on DC's Deathstroke) and knows she was originally a Gwen Stacy cover variant and told her that readers who don't read her book probably think she IS Gwen Stacy (which is true, I've found, a lot of people do think that).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't they hate each other? Gwen thinks Wade is too "lol, memes" and Wade thinks Gwen is a second rate knock off (ironic, considering that Wade was actually a copycat himself, being originally based on DC's Deathstroke) and knows she was originally a Gwen Stacy cover variant and told her that readers who don't read her book probably think she IS Gwen Stacy (which is true, I've found, a lot of people do think that).
    I mean that is why it could potentially work, Deadpool has shared a number of series with characters that do not like him. Depending on the story and the writing on the interaction between them. Besides in that encounter their 4th wall knowledge got them to stop fighting after that argument you are talking about.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

sounds like the perfect project for chris hastings, oh wait, marvel let him escape somehow, and didn't give him deadpool

that
    makes sense
    it doesn't

Hold the phone there! We know Skottie Young is leaving Deadpool. We don't know who's taking over. How do you know they aren't bringing him back in?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-22-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hope the phone there! We know Skottie Young is leaving Deadpool. We don't know who's taking over. How do you know they aren't bringing him back in?
    If Hastings gets DP, I'd throw a party for me and my imaginary friends!

Hastings on Deadpool and bringing in Gwen for an arc could be a ton of fun, I'd be there for it.

Kelly Thompson has revealed that Gwen would've had an arc explaining about her powers. Turns out she does still have them, but they weaken when she's not in control of the narrative... like when she's in a team instead of a solo book.
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...your-plans-for

ah, figured there had to be an explanation, and that makes sense. Shame she never got to it, though.

I just got to the end of the Gwenpool series.

I did enjoy it but mainly the earlier ones. It went downhill when she received the power to interact with the comic and leave panels and things. I liked her better whem she had no superpower and was just trying to be a hero and getting by on luck and circumstance.

It also felt like the series didn't really know where it was going as everything kept changing all the time.

I am looking forward to reading the West Coast Avengers series though as it does sound interesting.