Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default I think they remember

nova remember.jpg

This is why Nova is one of the most underrated comic characters. Very heartwarming moment. Rich is considered a joke by Earth's heroes but the aliens remember his heroic deeds in Annihilation and Thanos Imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    nova remember.jpg

This is why Nova is one of the most underrated comic characters. Very heartwarming moment. Rich is considered a joke by Earth's heroes but the aliens remember his heroic deeds in Annihilation and Thanos Imperative.
    That’s quite sweet. Dropped off most cosmic stuff, which issue was this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That’s quite sweet. Dropped off most cosmic stuff, which issue was this?

it's from loveness and perez's nova

issue #2

Not sure which issue, but that's from Nova's last solo book. It only ran for one TPB.

Edit: ninja'd!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It only ran for one TPB.
    i cri evry tiem

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i cri evry tiem
    Why Marvel editors hate Richard Rider so much?

Loveness/Perez Nova was lit ya fools should've bought it more.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

You always seem to assume hatred. It’s a rather unlikely narrative that anyone at Marvel hates characters. They try and give us what we want. It would seem most readers are not particularly invested in Rich. Maybe one day we will get an Annihilation movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Loveness/Perez Nova was lit ya fools should've bought it more.
    I was more invested in Sam, and bringing Rich back at that juncture felt like pandering to moaning fans. That drove me away. It was never true that fans didn’t like the new characters. It was an anomaly of falling sales in the industry and DCs Rebirth push that caused sales to drop for two to three months only. Marvel overreacted and disenfranchised newer fans and fans of what they were doing generally.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I was more invested in Sam, and bringing Rich back at that juncture felt like pandering to moaning fans. That drove me away. It was never true that fans didn’t like the new characters. It was an anomaly of falling sales in the industry and DCs Rebirth push that caused sales to drop for two to three months only. Marvel overreacted and disenfranchised newer fans and fans of what they were doing generally.
    I hated how Marvel put Rider in the gutter in favor of Loeb's pet character. Why can't we have both?

As much as I like the book, it didn't really give much of a reason for why Rich had to come back, nor did Marvel until maybe this year. So yes, it was probably just pandering and I'd prefer a good character to have their day and die in a good story then just come back to hang around and do nothing. I'm not personally offended that he's back like I am with Jean Grey, but I haven't been shown why I shouldn't prefer him casting a shadow as a legacy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    it's from loveness and perez's nova

issue #2
    Yes it’s good that Rich was applauded for Annihilation. His confrontation with the irrelevant Iron Man at the time was probably the most damning critic to the SHRA, in a universe that was just about to swallow up all of mankind. The way Rich dismissed his supposed superior in Tony Stark, had the feeling of a 21st Century man viewing an 18th Century gorilla.

BANNED

because marvel fans didn't buy it enough and they don't have a trademark to keep or a movie to tie in with.

nova remember.jpg

Earth heroes frankly save the freaking universe every 3-6 months. You'd think aliens would start noticing that eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes it’s good that Rich was applauded for Annihilation. His confrontation with the irrelevant Iron Man at the time was probably the most damning critic to the SHRA, in a universe that was just about to swallow up all of mankind. The way Rich dismissed his supposed superior in Tony Stark, had the feeling of a 21st Century man viewing an 18th Century gorilla.
    That was the first issue of Nova I ever bought (#1 sold out around here so fast I never got my hands on a copy) and that scene is what sold me on the character, the new direction, everything.

I really enjoyed the last series, it had a fun buddy cop dynamic and I think it was a foundation that could've lasted if Marvel had been a little more willing to give it time to find an audience. I was thrilled Richard was back but haven't been impressed with how they've handled him since the title ended. I hear he's had a good showing in the Black Order mini, and he'll be around GotG a little though, which is good.

But yeah, that scene the OP posted from the bar? That was probably the moment that made me think Rich was in good hands.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.