Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Important Spider-Man Characters Introduced Since 2000?

Hello all,

I've finally gotten back to the wonderful world of comics, and ASM in general, and I'd love to catch up on the important players in the Spider-Man universe.

The term "important" is probably subjective, but if all else feels, please list the names I am missing. So far I have the following:
    Anti-Venom
    Spider-Gwen
    Red Goblin
    Goblin King

I'd like to track down some origin issues and fun arcs, so thanks in advance for any enlightenment!

Dave

Incredible Member

Start with Volume 1, Issue 1 of some of them, and go from there.

BANNED

Annie May Parker, the web weaver

Astonishing Member

Second Spider-Gwen.

I'd suggest Morlun, Agent Venom, Miles Morales/Spider-Man and the Superior Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 03-12-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Mister Negative
    Ezekiel Sims
    Silk

BANNED

Miles Morales is the most important new character in Spider-Man since Venom and Carnage.

Importance is a loaded word but in terms of commercial success, general fame, social favor and prestige: Miles has 'em all beat.

After that, I'd say important characters are Mr. Negative (mostly for the PS4 game) and Morlun.

I honestly don't know where to include the refashioned characters but Spider-Gwen I would say is the most important of the lot mostly for crossing over so quick and so fast, and eclipsing the 616 Version of Gwen Stacy for an entire generation of kids, a commendable achievement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Miles Morales is the most important new character in Spider-Man since Venom and Carnage.

Importance is a loaded word but in terms of commercial success, general fame, social favor and prestige: Miles has 'em all beat.

After that, I'd say important characters are Mr. Negative (mostly for the PS4 game) and Morlun.

I honestly don't know where to include the refashioned characters but Spider-Gwen I would say is the most important of the lot mostly for crossing over so quick and so fast, and eclipsing the 616 Version of Gwen Stacy for an entire generation of kids, a commendable achievement.
    I'd say Spider-Gwen's the most successful of the refashioned versions for how quickly the character and her costume took off from EOSV #2, her debut issue. 2014 Spider-Gwen arrived and four years later made her big screen appearance in SM: ITSV.

Since 2000? There's been a few important new characters like Ezekiel, Morlun and Miles Morales.

A LOT of things happen to existing characters thought. Flash Thompson goes through a lot. Doc Ock also gets a ton of time around 2004 due to the movie and that doesn't even count what happens to him later. Norman. Aunt May. Jonah. A LOT has happened since 2000

Astonishing Member

Jay Jameson was important for like 7 years before he died.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Miles Morales (probably taking the number 1 spot)
    Spider-Gwen
    Agent Venom (Flash Thompson, but it’s a huge change so I’ll say it counts)
    Superior Spider-Man (Same as above)
    Morlun
    Ezekiel
    Ganke (Miles best friend - “Ned” in the MCU)
    Mr Negative
    Silk

I can’t think of anymore from the top of my head, but I’m sure there are many more.

Thanks so much for the information and insights, folks. This is very helpful!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things even more. Cheers!

Arrow

My picks are -

Miles Morales
    Spider-Gwen
    Anya Corazon
    Mister Negative
    Max Modell
    Yuri Watanabe
    Anna Maria Marconi
    Annie Parker
    Silk
    Morlun (and fam)

Honorable Mentions (as I'm not sure these count as new characters)

Superior Spider-Man/Superior Octopus
    Agent Venom
    Anti-Venom
    Spinneret
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-14-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly I would say it is Miles Morales. In a way he kind of kickstarted the trend of both a lot of the modern legacy characters and the more recent creation of "Spiders."

Characters like Superior Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, and Agent Venom were all re-imaginings of already established characters.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The most important is Miles Morales.

Spider-Gwen is close, and likely counts as a distinct character (especially if you think Ben Reilly is different from Peter.)

There are some cool twists on classic characters, like Superior Spider-Man and Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom.

The major villains would be Mister Negative and Morlun.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Alpha...

Sorry.

- Jason G. Carr