Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If a spritual successor to a 30 year old story successor grinds your gears, never read any X-Men, where instead of new ideas with roots in old ones, they just repeat the ideas!
    I think it was the latest Marvel solicitations, where all the X-Men titles looked to revolve around an Age of Apocalypse retread and a Dark Phoenix retread. I don't know why the X-Men line, more than anything else in Marvel, is like this.

Oh great, another event.

It looks like this will leak into ASM. Which means I will have to drop ASM while this event is on. I wish events like this stayed in self-contained books.
    Last edited by KC; 03-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They better not kill her, or I'll be pissed. That said, Cullen Bunn better be the one writing any spotlight issues for Mania, since he created her in the first place. (And she deserved better than losing her symbiote to Lee Price in Venom, Inc.)
    Yeah, this. Nothing screams "victim of crossover event" than a teenager who makes sporadic appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Oh great, another event.

It looks like this will leak into ASM. Which means I will have to drop ASM while this event is on. I wish events like this stayed in self-contained books.
    I doubt this is going to effect ASM, since Spencer will be jumping into his own big story around the time this story is supposed to start, and he's seemed pretty clear about keeping his stuff separate. Even Friendly Neighbourhood I don't think will get a tie-in, since the FCBD seems to tease a crossover with the Miles Morales book at the same time. This does seem like its gonna be a self-contained mini-series, with possibly some extra standalone tie-ins minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, this. Nothing screams "victim of crossover event" than a teenager who makes sporadic appearances.
    Yeeeeeeeea they better not do her dirty like that. Mania's still got hell powers of her own too, she can handle herself!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I doubt this is going to effect ASM, since Spencer will be jumping into his own big story around the time this story is supposed to start, and he's seemed pretty clear about keeping his stuff separate. Even Friendly Neighbourhood I don't think will get a tie-in, since the FCBD seems to tease a crossover with the Miles Morales book at the same time. This does seem like its gonna be a self-contained mini-series, with possibly some extra standalone tie-ins minis.
    The article posted by the OP says the event will happen in "in the pages of Venom, Spider-Man and issues of Absolute Carnage". We don't know how accurate this is (which is why I prefaced my comment with "it looks like") but if it is, I will not be reading it or any book associated with it.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Would rather this have just taken place in the pages of Venom. I miss big events happening within a title instead of a big event coming out of it.

I imagine we’ll have another when Knull eventually breaks loose.

That said, I’m still in.

BANNED

Oh great, another event.

It looks like this will leak into ASM.
    No, I don't think it will touch ASM at all.

Spencer's got his own thing going on.

The article posted by the OP says the event will happen in "in the pages of Venom, Spider-Man and issues of Absolute Carnage".
    By "Spider-Man", I think they're referring to Miles' book and possibly FNSM.

Omega God King Spencer will do no measly tie-ins for the common corner event!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I would imagine they'll do what they did for Civil War II and a few other x-overs and have a Spidey mini to tie-in. Amazing Spider-man: Absolute Carnage, a three issue mini-series or something like that. Miles can get one, too.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I would imagine they'll do what they did for Civil War II and a few other x-overs and have a Spidey mini to tie-in. Amazing Spider-man: Absolute Carnage, a three issue mini-series or something like that. Miles can get one, too.
    FNSM isn't doing anything that requires tight plotting so they can just do it there. But then again, money.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    FNSM isn't doing anything that requires tight plotting so they can just do it there. But then again, money.
    The sales numbers suggest FNSM might not be around by then, which is a shame - I like Tom Taylor
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, I don't think it will touch ASM at all.

Spencer's got his own thing going on.

By "Spider-Man", I think they're referring to Miles' book and possibly FNSM.
    There is no book called just "Spider-Man" on the market so I assume they are talking about Peter's main book. As I said, we don't know and that is why I said "it looks like"

No writer is above editorial mandates and control, and that includes Spencer.

The way tie-ins work at Marvel is that generally events are opt-in or opt-out. Since a book like ASM isn't bleeding for sales and is in fact top dog, then it's pretty much up to Nick, and if he didn't move things around for a linewide event for WOTR, he's probably not gonna do it for a summer symbiote thing unless he really wanted to write Venom or Carnage for whatever reason. Otherwise, it's best done for the B book that could use more orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think it was the latest Marvel solicitations, where all the X-Men titles looked to revolve around an Age of Apocalypse retread and a Dark Phoenix retread. I don't know why the X-Men line, more than anything else in Marvel, is like this.
    Hey now, that is so untrue.

You know they also occasionally work in a "Days of Future Past " retread as well.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    First a redo of Kraven's Last Hunt now this. I can't help but wonder if those at Marvel have run out of original event ideas.
    Considering we've already seen new versions of stuff like Infinity Wars and Secret Wars I'd say it is a long time since Marvel truly was "the house of ideas". DC is probably not much better, though.Not to mention the movie industry. It's the kind of times we live in now. It's seems to be just all about recycling stuff out of nostalgia or maybe as an easy way to try to make money.