Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Slott announcing a return to Spider-Man?

Bleeding Cool seems to think Slott may be writing a new spider-man story based on his Twitter avatar changing back to Spidey and Comixology having a slott spider-man sale. Would you guys be excited? He did say he was inspired again after into the spider verse came out

BANNED

I'll be excited for FF and IM to get back to shipping on time before he takes on any additional work.

But I'd certainly welcome a Spidey one-shot or mini from Slott.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'll be excited for FF and IM to get back to shipping on time before he takes on any additional work.

But I'd certainly welcome a Spidey one-shot or mini from Slott.
    I wouldn't. To each their own, but I'm so done with Slott's interpretation of Peter and Spidey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I wouldn't. To each their own, but I'm so done with Slott's interpretation of Peter and Spidey.
    I'd only welcome it on a strictly limited basis. Slott had his run and I'm very happy in the Nick Spencer era of ASM.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=HypnoHustler;4266009]I wouldn't. To each their own, but I'm so done with Slott's interpretation of Peter and Spidey.[/QUOTE
    I hated Slott's interpretation of Spidy..I actually despised his Peter, MJ and Felicia even more ( he preferred Doc Ock to those characters).. It is almost like he wanted Spider-Man to be Tony Stark instead of the "Everyman" Peter Parker. Well he now has Tony Stark he needs to stay with him and away from Spider-Man.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back, especially if its the third Spider-Verse story, but I feel coming back after only a year (less so if you count his involvement in the PS4 game and Spider-Geddon) and being so insistent he was "finished", might take away alot more of the impact it may have had.

Also I agree, I think he should make sure he's able to get Iron Man and Fantastic Four finished on time first before adding more to his plate.

Astonishing Member

If it's Dan Slott from Big Time to Superior Spider-Man, yes. I liked most of that.

If it's Dan Slott post SSM, no.

Astonishing Member

I would buy it for sure.
    Dan Slott is one of the writers that wrote the most Spider-Man stories so reading a story by him is always cool story wise.

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;4266173]
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I wouldn't. To each their own, but I'm so done with Slott's interpretation of Peter and Spidey.[/QUOTE
    I hated Slott's interpretation of Spidy..I actually despised his Peter, MJ and Felicia even more ( he preferred Doc Ock to those characters).. It is almost like he wanted Spider-Man to be Tony Stark instead of the "Everyman" Peter Parker. Well he now has Tony Stark he needs to stay with him and away from Spider-Man.
    That's funny, since on Iron Man he focuses more on the supporting characters (particularly Tony's mom) than he does on Tony himself. I actually like Tony Stark: Iron Man, but it's not an Iron Man book.

BANNED

[QUOTE=okiedokiewo;4266485]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post

That's funny, since on Iron Man he focuses more on the supporting characters (particularly Tony's mom) than he does on Tony himself. I actually like Tony Stark: Iron Man, but it's not an Iron Man book.
    That's the same problem Bendis had in his run on Iron Man. Which is weird because Iron Man has a weak supporting cast and rogues gallery. It's strength has always been Tony. His greatest writer David Michelinie understood that. Slott is a poor fit for Iron Man because he doesn't know jack s--t about real science and Iron Man's best modern run (Ellis) was written by a guy who did know a bit about that and used it to his advantage to interpret Tony's world.

As long as it’s not on Amazing.

I can see it being Spider-Verse III (Spider-Geddon was SV2).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see it being Spider-Verse III (Spider-Geddon was SV2).
    That's gotta be happening after they found out about Mexican Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So, maybe something to come out in late October in time for Día de Muertos would work for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's gonna be so weird to see them put so much emphasis on Gwen's backside.