Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'll be excited for FF and IM to get back to shipping on time before he takes on any additional work.
    Does anybody know how much of the delays on those title are Slott's fault?

If he's the writer, as long as he turns in approved writing assignments on time, there's not much he can do if delays are because of the art or other things.

BANNED

I dont really feel like I need anymore Slott on ASM l but if its something like a sequel to his Spider-man/Human torch mini then heck yeah. Do something like that again where its in 616 but not something that messes with current storylines much then I am more then willing to read it. Slott writes a fun team-up Spidey so I would be game for that.

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;4266173]
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I wouldn't. To each their own, but I'm so done with Slott's interpretation of Peter and Spidey.[/QUOTE
    I hated Slott's interpretation of Spidy..I actually despised his Peter, MJ and Felicia even more ( he preferred Doc Ock to those characters).. It is almost like he wanted Spider-Man to be Tony Stark instead of the "Everyman" Peter Parker. Well he now has Tony Stark he needs to stay with him and away from Spider-Man.
    That's funny, since on Iron Man he focuses more on the supporting characters (particularly Tony's mom) than he does on Tony himself. I actually like Tony Stark: Iron Man, but it's not an Iron Man book.

BANNED

[QUOTE=okiedokiewo;4266485]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post

That's funny, since on Iron Man he focuses more on the supporting characters (particularly Tony's mom) than he does on Tony himself. I actually like Tony Stark: Iron Man, but it's not an Iron Man book.
    That's the same problem Bendis had in his run on Iron Man. Which is weird because Iron Man has a weak supporting cast and rogues gallery. It's strength has always been Tony. His greatest writer David Michelinie understood that. Slott is a poor fit for Iron Man because he doesn't know jack s--t about real science and Iron Man's best modern run (Ellis) was written by a guy who did know a bit about that and used it to his advantage to interpret Tony's world.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does anybody know how much of the delays on those title are Slott's fault?

If he's the writer, as long as he turns in approved writing assignments on time, there's not much he can do if delays are because of the art or other things.
    Dan is just slow (his words) because he doesn't like writing scripts, he likes plots, and he doesn't write full script, he submits the plot and then the script. That's why he has co-writers often and Silver Surfer got delayed so much, because he had to work faster to meet ASM's schedule. But Fantastic Four delays have been minor and Iron Man will make up for its skip month, so they're fine. He also has a creator-owned thing cooking.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see it being Spider-Verse III (Spider-Geddon was SV2).
    That's gotta be happening after they found out about Mexican Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Dan is just slow (his words) because he doesn't like writing scripts, he likes plots, and he doesn't write full script, he submits the plot and then the script. That's why he has co-writers often and Silver Surfer got delayed so much, because he had to work faster to meet ASM's schedule. But Fantastic Four delays have been minor and Iron Man will make up for its skip month, so they're fine. He also has a creator-owned thing cooking.
    I think Whitley and Zub stepping in to script his second Iron Man arc, while Gail Simone took over for the War Of The Realms tie-in, also shows how slow his normal is.

That's why it feels like if he is gonna do a Spider-Man story, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a one arc and only a co-writing credit because of already trying to do two books at once.

A weak supporting cast is generally the Iron Man book's biggest problem, which is why every good run tries to fix it. Layton and Michelinie created Rhodey and Bethany for this purpose, in the 70's there was Sitwell and Denny O'Neil had the twins, Busiek brought Pepper and Happy back along with Rumiko, and Fraction had the tech team, Pepper, Bethany, Maria, and Rhodey. Even Ellis tried to fix it with Maya and what's-his-face-who-was-the-worst-part-of-the-book-along-with-the-villain. Slott is a perfect fit for Iron Man because he's an idea guy who can establish and juggle a supporting cast, retool villains, and actually knows continuity.

Also, while Extremis sprinkles in some stuff about various technology applications and concepts into the first two issues, the story is about black goo that gives you a galaxy brain and what weapons should be used for.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think Whitley and Zub stepping in to script his second Iron Man arc, while Gail Simone took over for the War Of The Realms tie-in, also shows how slow his normal is.

That's why it feels like if he is gonna do a Spider-Man story, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a one arc and only a co-writing credit because of already trying to do two books at once.
    Bleeding Cool are saying Zub is on board for the rest of the year, and that Slott will leave Tony's book after next year's 2020 event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

If Slott is more of an idea guy, a plot guy, and doesn't like scripting much maybe he should be an editor who commissions and gives pitches for stories and concepts across books. Or maybe he's getting old.

Mighty Member

Wouldn't be shocked if it was just a FF/SM crossover or something coming up later this year, if anything at all - Spencer's run is going well and Slott's other books aren't exactly coming out on time.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So, maybe something to come out in late October in time for Día de Muertos would work for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's gonna be so weird to see them put so much emphasis on Gwen's backside.

Just don't let Slott anywhere near Felicia.

and MJ, obviously.

Actually, if we can keep Peter out of it too, that would be ideal.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

BANNED

Don't know why this Mexican Gwen is an issue since it's not actually a Mexican Gwen Stacy. It's the same Lee-Romita Gwen Stacy with extra dream sequences and people decided Gwen's Savage Land bikini phase was the default. I mean Gwen is shaping up to be big in Life Story and Zdarsky wrote an AU where Peter and Gwen become a power couple in Spectacular, and Mark Waid had House of M so this isn't anything new or special or untapped.