Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'll be excited for FF and IM to get back to shipping on time before he takes on any additional work.
    Does anybody know how much of the delays on those title are Slott's fault?

    If he's the writer, as long as he turns in approved writing assignments on time, there's not much he can do if delays are because of the art or other things.

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Someplace thats not here
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I dont really feel like I need anymore Slott on ASM l but if its something like a sequel to his Spider-man/Human torch mini then heck yeah. Do something like that again where its in 616 but not something that messes with current storylines much then I am more then willing to read it. Slott writes a fun team-up Spidey so I would be game for that.

  3. #18
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    572

    Default

    [QUOTE=NC_Yankee;4266173]
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I wouldn't. To each their own, but I'm so done with Slott's interpretation of Peter and Spidey.[/QUOTE
    I hated Slott's interpretation of Spidy..I actually despised his Peter, MJ and Felicia even more ( he preferred Doc Ock to those characters).. It is almost like he wanted Spider-Man to be Tony Stark instead of the "Everyman" Peter Parker. Well he now has Tony Stark he needs to stay with him and away from Spider-Man.
    That's funny, since on Iron Man he focuses more on the supporting characters (particularly Tony's mom) than he does on Tony himself. I actually like Tony Stark: Iron Man, but it's not an Iron Man book.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    [QUOTE=okiedokiewo;4266485]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post

    That's funny, since on Iron Man he focuses more on the supporting characters (particularly Tony's mom) than he does on Tony himself. I actually like Tony Stark: Iron Man, but it's not an Iron Man book.
    That's the same problem Bendis had in his run on Iron Man. Which is weird because Iron Man has a weak supporting cast and rogues gallery. It's strength has always been Tony. His greatest writer David Michelinie understood that. Slott is a poor fit for Iron Man because he doesn't know jack s--t about real science and Iron Man's best modern run (Ellis) was written by a guy who did know a bit about that and used it to his advantage to interpret Tony's world.

  5. #20
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does anybody know how much of the delays on those title are Slott's fault?

    If he's the writer, as long as he turns in approved writing assignments on time, there's not much he can do if delays are because of the art or other things.
    Dan is just slow (his words) because he doesn't like writing scripts, he likes plots, and he doesn't write full script, he submits the plot and then the script. That's why he has co-writers often and Silver Surfer got delayed so much, because he had to work faster to meet ASM's schedule. But Fantastic Four delays have been minor and Iron Man will make up for its skip month, so they're fine. He also has a creator-owned thing cooking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner
    I like Charles Xavier, nice guy. But we are in a moment where billionaires control not only our economy but our political life. #Professor$

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see it being Spider-Verse III (Spider-Geddon was SV2).
    That's gotta be happening after they found out about Mexican Spidey.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Dan is just slow (his words) because he doesn't like writing scripts, he likes plots, and he doesn't write full script, he submits the plot and then the script. That's why he has co-writers often and Silver Surfer got delayed so much, because he had to work faster to meet ASM's schedule. But Fantastic Four delays have been minor and Iron Man will make up for its skip month, so they're fine. He also has a creator-owned thing cooking.
    I think Whitley and Zub stepping in to script his second Iron Man arc, while Gail Simone took over for the War Of The Realms tie-in, also shows how slow his normal is.

    That's why it feels like if he is gonna do a Spider-Man story, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a one arc and only a co-writing credit because of already trying to do two books at once.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  8. #23
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,048

    Default

    A weak supporting cast is generally the Iron Man book's biggest problem, which is why every good run tries to fix it. Layton and Michelinie created Rhodey and Bethany for this purpose, in the 70's there was Sitwell and Denny O'Neil had the twins, Busiek brought Pepper and Happy back along with Rumiko, and Fraction had the tech team, Pepper, Bethany, Maria, and Rhodey. Even Ellis tried to fix it with Maya and what's-his-face-who-was-the-worst-part-of-the-book-along-with-the-villain. Slott is a perfect fit for Iron Man because he's an idea guy who can establish and juggle a supporting cast, retool villains, and actually knows continuity.

    Also, while Extremis sprinkles in some stuff about various technology applications and concepts into the first two issues, the story is about black goo that gives you a galaxy brain and what weapons should be used for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner
    I like Charles Xavier, nice guy. But we are in a moment where billionaires control not only our economy but our political life. #Professor$

  9. #24
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think Whitley and Zub stepping in to script his second Iron Man arc, while Gail Simone took over for the War Of The Realms tie-in, also shows how slow his normal is.

    That's why it feels like if he is gonna do a Spider-Man story, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a one arc and only a co-writing credit because of already trying to do two books at once.
    Bleeding Cool are saying Zub is on board for the rest of the year, and that Slott will leave Tony's book after next year's 2020 event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    If Slott is more of an idea guy, a plot guy, and doesn't like scripting much maybe he should be an editor who commissions and gives pitches for stories and concepts across books. Or maybe he's getting old.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Wouldn't be shocked if it was just a FF/SM crossover or something coming up later this year, if anything at all - Spencer's run is going well and Slott's other books aren't exactly coming out on time.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  12. #27
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's gotta be happening after they found out about Mexican Spidey.
    So, maybe something to come out in late October in time for Día de Muertos would work for that?

  13. #28
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's gotta be happening after they found out about Mexican Spidey.
    It's gonna be so weird to see them put so much emphasis on Gwen's backside.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Just don't let Slott anywhere near Felicia.

    and MJ, obviously.

    Actually, if we can keep Peter out of it too, that would be ideal.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Don't know why this Mexican Gwen is an issue since it's not actually a Mexican Gwen Stacy. It's the same Lee-Romita Gwen Stacy with extra dream sequences and people decided Gwen's Savage Land bikini phase was the default. I mean Gwen is shaping up to be big in Life Story and Zdarsky wrote an AU where Peter and Gwen become a power couple in Spectacular, and Mark Waid had House of M so this isn't anything new or special or untapped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •