Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, in a very few years she went from practically being a preadolescent to being tremendously sexualized. It was very uncomfortable.

Absolutely nothing

It's clearly time to buff her powers, give her telepathy, and start killing her on and off.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's clearly time to buff her powers, give her telepathy, and start killing her on and off.
    The Dark Pixie Saga.
    Thank you, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The Dark Pixie Saga.
    Thank you, I hate it.
    So shes the Phoenix but with magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    So shes the Phoenix but with magic?
    The Goblin Princess

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, in a very few years she went from practically being a preadolescent to being tremendously sexualized. It was very uncomfortable.
    Puberty hit that girl like a truck.

Anyway, was there really anything all that solid about the character? Any cohesive themes or solid character identity. From here it just looks like a loose collection of traits. I'm just thinking of the other "kid X-Man" characters that have actually worked and there are usually some big concepts or themes that run through the character. With Kitty Pryde, it was usually the theme of maturity. The way she was eager to be one of the grown-up X-Men but was also in a life style where she was facing things she probably wasn't ready for. Like her romance with Collosus or losing at least three good friends (though, they're all back now). With Jubilee you have themes of loss, abandonment and found family as well as trying to embrace life despite the tragedies you've experienced. Then there's X-23. As much as I'm not crazy about there being another Wolverine, her quest to become more than what she was made to be is a pretty solid thing.

But Pixie . . . she's this cute, peppy kid, and then she goes to Limbo and loses part of her soul, and then it turns out she has two Mastermind sisters and a fairy mother, then she's Dazzler's buddy and . . . what does this all add up to? I don kind of like the Mastermind sisters bit because the two bad sisters, one good thing reminds me a little of King Lear which the Wyngardes already evoked anyway (one of them was even named Regan). But it just doesn't feel like there's anything solid there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I can't wait for the 2019 article, "So... what went wrong with Glob?"
    fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Guys, what happened to Glob.
    He was the breakout star from Morrisons New X-Men
    Became a villain in Jason Aaron's run but was reseemed
    Then lemire did some work on him, showing his softer side and unrequited feelings for Jean grey. He even got one shot where he and Mojo bond over their appearances scaring girls away.
    They really fleshed him out (eh)
    Then he was a main character in Disassembled (when all the other kids were working offpanel), where they showed his relationship with armor, and he delivered the legendary lines, "pixie I don't feel so good".

Then Brisson made him the star of Next gen, where he started a relationship with Armor, and showed pixies attraction to him. To crown it all he was the one who took down Nate grey and stopped the age of X-man, by spraying his wax on everyone.

And then suddenly, poof, he's back to being background wallpaper cameo in obscure Xbook annuals. What happened guys.
    Justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would love to see that, but I don't think there is an interest amongst current writers.
    or fans lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Goblin Princess
    Hmmm...I could see the Goblin Queen turning Pixie into her dark pupil

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    She's a copy and paste of too many other characters and there is nothing remortly intriguing about that.
    This. She started out fine as a kid with wings and pixie dust, and then they changed her for whatever reason to be a peppy pink Magik.

Being a pet character, as others have said and it started feeling like a replacement agenda.

And very much this:

..... until Utopia. I blame a lot of the problems from there because of the way Land drew her and Fraction wrote her like an entirely new character (similar to what they have done to Idie). She went from LITERALLY being a Pixie like character with black streaks in her hair and a dagger, to some slutty looking 20 year old vapid girl who seemingly could do everything amazing. .............

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I think that Pixie was a great character until Utopia. I blame a lot of the problems from there because of the way Land drew her and Fraction wrote her like an entirely new character (similar to what they have done to Idie). She went from LITERALLY being a Pixie like character with black streaks in her hair and a dagger, to some slutty looking 20 year old vapid girl who seemingly could do everything amazing.
    In other words, she was turned into a Mary Sue.

I liked Pixie when she was first created, but then some writers started trying to use her to replace Nightcrawler and Magik, two characters that I liked more. Maybe if her powers were reduced a little and they moved her into another book, away from Xavier's school, she could recover her popularity. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a new Excalibur, as a replacement for Kurt. She and Meggan would be a good match.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    In other words, she was turned into a Mary Sue.

I liked Pixie when she was first created, but then some writers started trying to use her to replace Nightcrawler and Magik, two characters that I liked more. Maybe if her powers were reduced a little and they moved her into another book, away from Xavier's school, she could recover her popularity. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a new Excalibur, as a replacement for Kurt. She and Meggan would be a good match.
    I love this idea. The Amazing Nightcrawler has made me want a new Excalibur, and Pixie would be a great addition to that cast.

If I were writing the X-Men, I just can't see using Pixie over Nightcrawler or Magik. I can't see Marvel encouraging it either, given how much more popular the other two characters are.

BANNED

Didnt they kill off Nightcrawler to push her??

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Didnt they kill off Nightcrawler to push her??
    I don't see how. They provide completely different roles as teleporters, Kurt is short ranged combat teleportation, Megan is long distance transportation

Kurt was killed to make Second Coming "matter", to show how dire the mutant situation was, that the soul of the X-Men died, and how important Hope Summers was