Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Didnt they kill off Nightcrawler to push her??
    I wouldn't say so. Second Coming took out quite a few teleporters, but Pixie's roll didn't really increase in the books afterwards.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Pixie is such an awesome character but like many great characters she's very underused
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Honestly Pixie is like young Kitty,Nightcrawler and Magik combined and when you have those guys around she is less useful imo BUT Pixie apparently is liked by current crew of writers and she is part of Armor, Rocklisde, Glob, Anole crew that they are pushing as X- students.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2019 at 11:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Pixie is such an awesome character but like many great characters she's very underused
    Shes cool but what can she do that matter at this point? I mean we BARELY see Dust and Surge and they were on the cartoons...lol

Pixie cheated to become thicc without the proper build-up and development so the X-Gods punished her to obscurity for 1,000 years. She flew too close to the sun.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Kid X-Men never get to grow up. I mean Jubilee is wearing her 90s costume that make her look 12 despite being a single mom now, pushing 20. And the new mutants are back to their stupid ass hideous og costumes so yeah not surprised about poor Meggan.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This is the main problem with having all the mutants bunched up in one place. Why use her when Magik or Nightcrawler are right there? If the x-editors had any brains they would split the mutants up around the world like in the old days when you had different teams in different places. You had Excaliber in England, X-Factor in NYC and then Washington, the X-Men in Weschester, and X-Force out of the road. When you have one teleporter on your team they are going to get used more and have the character built up. The x-editors and writers are just too stuborn or short sighted to do it.

This has been the biggest problem with the whole X-Line ever since they decided all those year ago to bunch everyone in one place. It has hurt the books ever since and has led to them losing some of their appeal, and led to so many characters just becoming background wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Pixie cheated to become thicc without the proper build-up and development so the X-Gods punished her to obscurity for 1,000 years. She flew too close to the sun.
    Yeah, she did it too fast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    In other words, she was turned into a Mary Sue.

I liked Pixie when she was first created, but then some writers started trying to use her to replace Nightcrawler and Magik, two characters that I liked more. Maybe if her powers were reduced a little and they moved her into another book, away from Xavier's school, she could recover her popularity. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a new Excalibur, as a replacement for Kurt. She and Meggan would be a good match.
    I think at first they wanted to bring back Darkchilde as a villain. X-Infernus was even advertised as Darkchilde declaring war on earth going on a rampage looking for her soul. They then decided to actually make her Magik again, so as soon as she gets her soulsword her soul is partially restored (along with human form) and she becomes good enough to join the X-Men again. So from that point out, Pixie lost a lot of her push. Then Magik her her amulet back and the 60 percent of her soul it contained.

Though maybe now that Disney has Fox, maybe they'll make a kids X-Men cartoon and we'll see Pixie prominently featured. She still does have a lot of potential, her magic, her fairy mother, and her two evil sisters. I don't think she's the best character for X-men movies or comics, but I could see a Pixie cartoon series or maybe they could give the young X-Men their own cartoon. I don't think she would look good in a film, but as a cartoon character yes.

As said before, at the moment Pixie is currently getting a soft push more to the front along with Armor, Rockslide, Anole and Glob. So do not give up yet.

I hope she will find a spot on one of the core teams once all the events are done.