Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So... what went wrong with Pixie?

I've been re-reading the entire X-run via Marvel Unlimited this year and am at the San Francisco era and about to head into Fear Itself. One thing struck me as interesting is Pixie. She goes from cutiepie innocent schoolgirl to corrupted Illyana mirror to rebellious kick ass ingénue that stabs Empath in the head and runs around with Dazzler to teleporter supreme for the X-Men when they were rescuing Magik to full fledged member of Storm's core team fighting along side Angel and Dazzler to working with Hope and the Lights to... just another cutiepie innocent schoolkid?

What did I miss? Seems like they were really grooming her to be a regular X-Man but seems like the shuttled her back to the New X-Men C-squad despite all the value she provided in the San Fran X-runs. Were they just using her as a vessel to bring Magik back in a logical way and then tossed her to the side? Was she not popular?

BANNED

Fraction loved her, but nobody else did.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I've been re-reading the entire X-run via Marvel Unlimited this year and am at the San Francisco era and about to head into Fear Itself. One thing struck me as interesting is Pixie. She goes from cutiepie innocent schoolgirl to corrupted Illyana mirror to rebellious kick ass ingénue that stabs Empath in the head and runs around with Dazzler to teleporter supreme for the X-Men when they were rescuing Magik to full fledged member of Storm's core team fighting along side Angel and Dazzler to working with Hope and the Lights to... just another cutiepie innocent schoolkid?

What did I miss? Seems like they were really grooming her to be a regular X-Man but seems like the shuttled her back to the New X-Men C-squad despite all the value she provided in the San Fran X-runs. Were they just using her as a vessel to bring Magik back in a logical way and then tossed her to the side? Was she not popular?
    Pixie is what is referred to in comics as a pet character.

She smells like beans.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I can't wait for the 2029 article, "So... what went wrong with Glob?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

The same thing that happened to ALL the New X-Men (sans Laura): Editorial decided they aged the "core" characters too much, so shoved them into a locker.

they gave her pupils.

She's not Eyeboy.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Extraordinary Member

As others have said, she's a pet character. If you love her, great! Many of us like her, but we have our own favorites.

Also, yes, if I was writing a book, I'd probably use a lot of Eye Boy because his power is the closest I can get to having a Sharingan or Byakugan in a Marvel setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I can't wait for the 2029 article, "So... what went wrong with Glob?"
    Guys, what happened to Glob.
    He was the breakout star from Morrisons New X-Men
    Became a villain in Jason Aaron's run but was reseemed
    Then lemire did some work on him, showing his softer side and unrequited feelings for Jean grey. He even got one shot where he and Mojo bond over their appearances scaring girls away.
    They really fleshed him out (eh)
    Then he was a main character in Disassembled (when all the other kids were working offpanel), where they showed his relationship with armor, and he delivered the legendary lines, "pixie I don't feel so good".

Then Brisson made him the star of Next gen, where he started a relationship with Armor, and showed pixies attraction to him. To crown it all he was the one who took down Nate grey and stopped the age of X-man, by spraying his wax on everyone.

And then suddenly, poof, he's back to being background wallpaper cameo in obscure Xbook annuals. What happened guys.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think that Pixie was a great character until Utopia. I blame a lot of the problems from there because of the way Land drew her and Fraction wrote her like an entirely new character (similar to what they have done to Idie). She went from LITERALLY being a Pixie like character with black streaks in her hair and a dagger, to some slutty looking 20 year old vapid girl who seemingly could do everything amazing. I like seeing the x-students get promoted because that is what is supposed to happen, but she was aged in years, body, and abilities beyond her peers. And then when the real Magik came back, she wasn't used as much and by that point people were over her.

We’re never gonna further explore the fact that she’s Lady Mastermind’s sister are we?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    We’re never gonna further explore the fact that she’s Lady Mastermind’s sister are we?
    I would love to see that, but I don't think there is an interest amongst current writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    other sister

I still think that Changeling (the original one) should have been Mastermind's brother.