Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kyle and Yost made her a good character.

Fraction didn't understand her.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think that Pixie was a great character until Utopia. I blame a lot of the problems from there because of the way Land drew her and Fraction wrote her like an entirely new character (similar to what they have done to Idie). She went from LITERALLY being a Pixie like character with black streaks in her hair and a dagger, to some slutty looking 20 year old vapid girl who seemingly could do everything amazing. I like seeing the x-students get promoted because that is what is supposed to happen, but she was aged in years, body, and abilities beyond her peers. And then when the real Magik came back, she wasn't used as much and by that point people were over her.
    Yup, this is where I was finding myself confused. I had a gap of like 20 years where I missed a huge chunk of the comics and I've only really known her as this comic relief type character in the X-kids books so to come across this run really boggled my mind. Land's art aside I kind of like her in the main team as she's written, but wondered if there was a plot point I missed or a writer just took her back in the direction that they likely needed her to stay.

But you're right, once Magik is back to "herself" she pretty much ticks all the necessary boxes that they were trying to do with Pixie plotwise (minus the college girl weirdness).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    We’re never gonna further explore the fact that she’s Lady Mastermind’s sister are we?
    Also with her mom being a accual fairy opens up the possibility of a bunch of story's.

She even graduated and then returned back to school.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

She was appearing fairly frequently in one X-Book or another for quite a while, it wasn't really until Aaron/Bendis came along that she fell from the spotlight. Neither had interest in using her, and wanted to create their own student body of characters for the most part. While I can't say I liked all of the post Kyle/Yost development she had I do kind of wish she had continued being featured. It's unfortunate, but it happens.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Kyle and Yost made her a good character.

Fraction didn't understand her.
    Quoted for truth. I love everything KYost did with her. It felt like a natural transition for this young Welsh teenager to be this perpetually optimistic in the face of dying to Fraction's completely new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She even graduated and then returned back to school.
    I still will never understand this. Many of the New X-Men actually graduated. On panel. In print. But years later they are somehow both ungraduated and still underclassmen. Literally no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    She was appearing fairly frequently in one X-Book or another for quite a while, it wasn't really until Aaron/Bendis came along that she fell from the spotlight. Neither had interest in using her, and wanted to create their own student body of characters for the most part. While I can't say I liked all of the post Kyle/Yost development she had I do kind of wish she had continued being featured. It's unfortunate, but it happens.
    I think the biggest issue I had was the abandonment of her actual abilities for the more convenient teleporting magic abilities. If someone wasn't familiar with her they would think that her natural powers were summoning teleportation portals. Not her attributes and the hallucinogenic dust. Which I would love to see them use on panel. Also is her hair supposed to still have black streaks in it, or with her soul restored it got fixed?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Same thing that happens to all teen characters at Marvel sooner or latter. They get used and build up some fans then get shoved into the background when new writers come in and want to use new characters. It is especially bad with the younger X-Men because none of the them EVER LEAVE the school. Instead of going out and maybe doing something new they just keep them all in the background of the school acting like wallpaper. When they stopped having people leave the school it basically stunted every younger character.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I still will never understand this. Many of the New X-Men actually graduated. On panel. In print. But years later they are somehow both ungraduated and still underclassmen. Literally no sense.
    It's Eva Bell's secondary mutation. She can now revert various people to an ealier state in their life.
    Why does she do it? Shits and giggles.
    Ironically, she could use this power to save Velocidad from his powers, but like most everyone else she doesn't care about Velocidad.
    #EmmaWasRight

Didn't she actually pass to become an X-man? Now she's back rolling with the X-kids again and being a damsel in distress.

Blink happened, then blink again and hey Pixie and then just squint and hey is that Magik by SKottie Young as Darkchylde so awesome, then het what if she was so innocent that, get it...got it...and Nightcrawler right, check...Infernus...now, peek-a-boo...is that Pixie, who?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Nothing went wrong with Pixie is the short answer.

I won't reiterate all the points already mentioned in this thread

I'll just add that her arc as the overlooked school kid to thriving in the real world is heart warming.

She has gained bonds and adversaries and so potential stories that many older characters haven't yet

examples;
    - Sisters that are lose canons
    - Mother who brings a wealth of story potential
    - A connection to Magik through Limbo, Limbo is a underrated literal hellhole that itself has vast story potential, the girls are allies with a foreboding cloud over them, the tension looms and crackles!
    - Wales is a land of myths and magics, her arcane aptitude has solid foundations, and there are great ancient myths and parables writers could mine through Pixies heritage that would blow yo minds!
    - She has a duality through the Nightmare/corruption persona/experience

Like Storm, Nightcrawler Colossus and others before and since her, Mutations are and always should be a global phenomena.

I as a Welsh dude I appreciate her presence within the X-Men. No-one else knows of her in these parts though, there is a untapped market for her that Marvel has never really courted, us Welsh are a patriotic lot and would support her if Marvel were too advertise her. Spiderman, Wolverine, Batman are huge here for boys, but the girls have had the Disney Princesses marketed heavily towards them (well, they are the characters who the girls enjoy to be fair).

I could go on, but the question was 'what went wrong', but I don't see anything that went wrong - the Nightmare stuff 'possibly', I personally loved Age of X, but I can see that it could of turned some more conservative writers off her, maybe

Once Park Slope sees this thread, it’s over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Once Park Slope sees this thread, it’s over.
    PixSol probably also still defends the instantly dated Vespa riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    PixSol probably also still defends the instantly dated Vespa riding.

Just to clarify - This is how I imagine you Maestroneto
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-22-2019 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

She's a copy and paste of too many other characters and there is nothing remortly intriguing about that.