Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default some superman villains you think have great potential,but never get develop

My personally thought is:
    Russian ZOD(especially when they replaced him silver age superman origin to some kind of human mutant)
    Anti-hero(when you look superman team secret origins/files,you will thought he should be enigmatic and powerful character,but when he actually appear,he reacts like some third rate villain)
    Satanus,though he was been portrayed really powerful and enigmatic,but always lack appearances(i mean he really to against superman appearances.mostly he just used his mortal guise and occasionally meat superman,even sometimes help superman,he really threaten superman's story is he trying to steal metropolis itself soul in my memory)
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Lightbulb

I'd say Conduit. He had a good powerset, a fascinating backstory and a personal grudge against Clark which made sense all be it twisted sense. Too bad he was never more than a monster of the month type.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Pretty much everyone outside of Lex fits the bill but I’m going to signal out Metallo and Parasite. Those two are two of the longest standing Rogues Supes has but still get little to no love. Wish someone would revamp them, Parasite is just begging for a horror story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'd say Conduit. He had a good powerset, a fascinating backstory and a personal grudge against Clark which made sense all be it twisted sense. Too bad he was never more than a monster of the month type.
    Kenny was Hush before Hush was a thing. I wish Jurgens had brought him back in his Action run but alas. Conduit would need some revamp due to Clark not being a football star, and his costume needing a redesign due to it not being the 90s, but I have some ideas of my own as to how to do that.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think Parasite could benefit from not getting revised every other story, actually. Conduit was a good villain who got some good mileage, but I think you have to change a few things because knowing the secret identity while hating Clark puts a serious expiration date on the tension he brings.

I say bring back Nimrod, King Kosmos, Dabney Donovan, and... Riot. What a weird and amusing foil to have collecting dust. Nimrod clearly had only begun, King Kosmos makes up for not having Savage as a dedicated foe, and Dabney Donovan is just a great character. I think he's the best mad professor in comics, easily.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I'd go with Bizarro and Mxyzsptlk both of whom have amazing ideas and concepts attached to them but all of it is underutilized.

To me Lex Luthor needs to be killed off. I mean do a Death of Luthor thing, kill him for three real-time publication years at minimum and then later bring him back but move him out of the books so you can do work with other villains.

We haven't had a good Mongul-as-badass-warlord since...Exile I think? Ever since, he's always second fiddle. I think a return to form for him could be fun. He's a ripoff of Thanos (who was ripped from Darkseid), so use that. Huge universal threat guy.

There was a guy in the 90's called Savior who had a neat idea behind him. A serial killer who thought Superman was a "great deceiver" and thought that the real Superman was still dead (and had even carved the S into his forehead, ala Charles Manson). It spinned out of 'Dead Again', so he'd need changed now probably, and I think a good crime writer like Brubaker or Bendis could do a lot with a serial killer like that. A human foe Superman can't punch, done in a horror-esque 'Seven' kind of story would be cool. He might not be a very good bad guy for Superman most of the time, but he'd be a good villain for Lois & Clark, intrepid reporters. Just don't let him grow big again.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think Parasite could benefit from not getting revised every other story, actually. Conduit was a good villain who got some good mileage, but I think you have to change a few things because knowing the secret identity while hating Clark puts a serious expiration date on the tension he brings.

I say bring back Nimrod, King Kosmos, Dabney Donovan, and... Riot. What a weird and amusing foil to have collecting dust. Nimrod clearly had only begun, King Kosmos makes up for not having Savage as a dedicated foe, and Dabney Donovan is just a great character. I think he's the best mad professor in comics, easily.
    For Parasite I’m not advocating revamping him so much as using him differently. There have been times where Parasite has been shown to absorb not just the life force but also the memories and even the appearneces of those he touches. I’m recalling a Kurt Busiek story where he had killed an absorbed Superman and took on his personality, becoming more heroic. What if we went in the opposite direction? I think that would be an interesting story. But yeah is he still Rudy Jones? They keep changing his name and it’s really annoying.

Dude I didn’t think anyone else even remembered Riot! He would be great as a “henchman for hire” who basically hires himself out as a one man army for any super villain who needs him. I agree with every other guy you mentioned too. Can’t believe they let Nimrod go to waste. Or Solaris! Come on guys an evil sentient Sun? NO ONE wants to use that?
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-22-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For Parasite I’m not advocating revamping him so much as using him differently. There have been times where Parasite has been shown to absorb not just the life force but also the memories and even the appearneces of those he touches. I’m thinking of using him in a The Thing type story where Clark has to figure out who he’s masquerading as while Parasite is doing some evil task. But yeah is he still Rudy Jones? They keep changing his name and it’s really annoying.
    Like that time he impersonated Lois and was implied to have hooked up with Lex? That was one heck of a direction to take him in. Second only to the time Lex made a Lois robot that talked like Gorilla Grodd!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Like that time he impersonated Lois and was implied to have hooked up with Lex? That was one heck of a direction to take him in!
    Nothing that squicky. I’m hesitant to actually say what I would do because it would just be fan fiction and if by some miracle I ever got to write Superman I’m not sure if I could use my idea after having posted it here. But what if instead of absorbing Superman like in the Kurt Busiek run where he became heroic because of it we went in the opposite direction. He absorbs someone who pushes Rudy to become a much more horrifying villain.

Nothing that squicky. I’m hesitant to actually say what I would do because it would just be fan fiction and if by some miracle I ever got to write Superman I’m not sure if I could use my idea after having posted it here. But what if instead of absorbing Superman like in the Kurt Busiek run where he became heroic because of it we went in the opposite direction. He absorbs someone who pushes Rudy to become a much more horrifying villain.
    Oh, ok. That does sound interesting. I could see a lot of ways to play that. They kind of always go the glutton route with him recently. But you’re right he has a lot of potential as a horror villain.

Oh, ok. That does sound interesting. I could see a lot of ways to play that. They kind of always go the glutton route with him recently. But you’re right he has a lot of potential as a horror villain.
    The beauty of it is I would not even change the gluttony bit. I would just have it so Rudy bites off more than he can chew for once, and becomes all the more monstrous for it.

But all this talk of lost villains and wasted potential has me wondering if Bendis’ villains will outlast him. Rogal I doubt will outlive Bendis tenure on the books, but Robinson Goode/Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia have potential I’d love to see built upon. Hell I’d love to see a “Gangs of Metropolis” arc where Intergang and the Invisible Mafia go to war with each other over Metropolis with Superman and everyone else caught in the middle. Make it an arc where we see Supes and Maggie Sawyer working together and give us a sense of what Supes’ relationship with the Metropolis PD is. What’s the average cop in Metropolis feel about Supes? Who’s the commissioner and how does he/she feel?

The Invisible Mafia does have a lot of potential. Goode/Cloud does as well. I particularly like how she seems to obviously have some genuine respect for Clark and Lois as reporters despite being a murderous villain. It’s kind of a great dichotomy. Like she wants to be a good reporter but at the same time is an enforcer for the mob! And I hope we do get some more gangs introduced. Expand it beyond Intergang.

Zaar really doesn’t seem to be going anywhere unless Bendis turns things around with the close of this arc in Superman. I think a lot will depend on whether he sticks the landing with respect to the connection to Jor El.

Boisterously Confused

I'd love to see Metallo get some interesting treatment. He may be my favorite among Supes enemies. I enjoy the idea of him hunting Superman like a predator, but it would be nice for someone to explore who he is in a story that has him pursuing goals other than whacking Superman.

Boisterously Confused

The beauty of it is I would not even change the gluttony bit. I would just have it so Rudy bites off more than he can chew for once, and becomes all the more monstrous for it.

But all this talk of lost villains and wasted potential has me wondering if Bendis’ villains will outlast him. Rogal I doubt will outlive Bendis tenure on the books, but Robinson Goode/Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia have potential I’d love to see built upon. Hell I’d love to see a “Gangs of Metropolis” arc where Intergang and the Invisible Mafia go to war with each other over Metropolis with Superman and everyone else caught in the middle. Make it an arc where we see Supes and Maggie Sawyer working together and give us a sense of what Supes’ relationship with the Metropolis PD is. What’s the average cop in Metropolis feel about Supes? Who’s the commissioner and how does he/she feel?
    Didn't they do something like that Post-Zero Hour? Luthor fed The Parasite a scientist that had been tormenting Luthor while Luthor was catatonic, and The Parasite completely absorbed the scientist's body, gaining the scientists smarts as well. I think the two of them kind of had a Ronnie Raymond/Martin Stein/Firestorm thing going on.

The Invisible Mafia does have a lot of potential. Goode/Cloud does as well. I particularly like how she seems to obviously have some genuine respect for Clark and Lois as reporters despite being a murderous villain. It’s kind of a great dichotomy. Like she wants to be a good reporter but at the same time is an enforcer for the mob! And I hope we do get some more gangs introduced. Expand it beyond Intergang.

Zaar really doesn’t seem to be going anywhere unless Bendis turns things around with the close of this arc in Superman. I think a lot will depend on whether he sticks the landing with respect to the connection to Jor El.
    I agree that the Invisible Mafia/Red Cloud do have a lot of potential. Zaar, to me, is Doomsday that can talk.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 03-23-2019 at 09:33 AM.