Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Riot and Bloodsport are both really cool. Riot is just a fun, crazy character, kinda like the Prankster but more of a physical threat. Bloodsport is, I think, really relevant due to his nature as a mass shooter and a racist, so he captures a lotto major problems we are facing today.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I agree that the Invisible Mafia/Red Cloud do have a lot of potential. Zaar, to me, is Doomsday that can talk.
    But we already got doomsday,so zaar become redundant as far as i see,unless bendis really give him some stuffs aside from his power(because his power also not interesting,all just old stuff,i actually want to see supes enemy has some interesting power design,like if a villain with 1 million's resurraction man ability)
    Edit
    rereading my post,find i may not exactly expression my point.i mean doomsday actually should have some room in supes rogues gallary,IMO(because supes really need something like doomsday to make a brutal fight).So,Zaar now become redundant
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 03-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I thought the lack of payoff for Ignition was quite disappointing. I remember fans speculating on the old DC boards about who Ignition was, and Joe Kelly and Jeph Loeb adding fuel to the mystery fire. Then nothing came of it, and come to find out that they never really had any direction for the character in terms of his identity.

Ruin was another disappointment, mainly because after Rucka's story I don't think we ever saw him again. Conduit would be in a similar boat/category.

Nuclear Man - Weird origin but cool name and idea for a villain (since humanity uses Nuclear Power) that could easily be translated to a comic world but nope Bendis gives him the same origins and then kills him.

Yes to Nuclear Man. We deserved at least one story. His design was even better than I expected.

Manchester Black
    Nimrod

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Nuclear Man - Weird origin but cool name and idea for a villain (since humanity uses Nuclear Power) that could easily be translated to a comic world but nope Bendis gives him the same origins and then kills him.
    Yeah, killing him off so quickly in the comics was a big let down. So much squandered potential.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Someone mentioned Ruin, and I am quite fond of him. Sure, he basically disappeared after his initial run as top baddie, but it was a pretty cool run and I enjoyed the reveal of his main identity.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'd love to see Metallo get some interesting treatment. He may be my favorite among Supes enemies. I enjoy the idea of him hunting Superman like a predator, but it would be nice for someone to explore who he is in a story that has him pursuing goals other than whacking Superman.
    I think the New52 actually did a really good job with Metallo. A soldier just trying to do his duty, manipulated and used by practically everyone he meets.....I think it was just meta enough to comment on the roles he usually has in a narrative without going too heavy handed and it made him pretty tragic and sympathetic.

Just a guy everyone twists up to use against Clark....which is why he hates Superman so much, and he hates Clark because Clark got the girl. Plenty to work with there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Metallo is a lot of completely separate great villains; his main problem is that he gets rebooted constantly. New 52 was a 5 year island of consistency in a sea of constant change, as usual for the Superman franchise, and it gave us the complete story of a really solid Metallo beginning to end. And then, you know, Rebirth immediately gave us a totally new Metallo, who was also decent, but just had, as far as I ever noticed, no ties to the New 52 Metallo.

Hrm, I think I'd like to see the return of Xa-Du, the Phantom King, one of my favorite New 52 reconceptualizations of a pre-Crisis character. And the pre-Flashpoint Ultra-Humanite is always a joy, as Superman's first ever nemesis.

But perhaps the most unlikely villain I'd like to see return is the Yellow Mask, an early radio show villain from the '40s. A shadowy mastermind with grandiose plans for world domination, the Yellow Mask somehow always seemed to stay one step ahead of the Man of Tomorrow until the last second, and still managed to escape. He was a great character, in my mind, and I'd really like to see him come back, but most people don't even know who he is.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's kind of the best case scenario, because no one is just going to bring back a character they don't know. Whereas someone will look at the top 15 villains or so and just eke out something they like because the idea was just sitting there.

Parasite I think, is made up of several good characters loosely tied to the look and power idea. My favorite of his forms deal with losing to his urges and reluctantly being a terrible monster and also being a serious powerhouse. For an Earth based villain Parasite might be the most dangerous, especially when he's allowed to use his intellect.

On the other hand, after all this time I don't really think much of Metallo. I feel like some of his more interesting ideas were distributed between Kryptonite Man and Hank Henshaw. All that's left is the neat kryptonite heart visual and the bronze age costume that I love.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's kind of the best case scenario, because no one is just going to bring back a character they don't know. Whereas someone will look at the top 15 villains or so and just eke out something they like because the idea was just sitting there.

Parasite I think, is made up of several good characters loosely tied to the look and power idea. My favorite of his forms deal with losing to his urges and reluctantly being a terrible monster and also being a serious powerhouse. For an Earth based villain Parasite might be the most dangerous, especially when he's allowed to use his intellect.

On the other hand, after all this time I don't really think much of Metallo. I feel like some of his more interesting ideas were distributed between Kryptonite Man and Hank Henshaw. All that's left is the neat kryptonite heart visual and the bronze age costume that I love.
    New 52 Kryptonite Man was the only Kryptonite Man I ever cared about. Him being a wife beater who wants his wife and kid back and intends to beat their whereabouts out of Clark was a far stronger motivation than the Johns generic desire for power K-Man had Pre-FP imo.

I think a good differentiation between Metallo and Henshaw is how the New 52 gave Corbin a hatred of Sam Lane and the USA Military. That to me is an interesting source of conflict, particularly if Bendis is going to have Clark and Sam attempt to reconcile. But then I’m not too enamored with Henshaw. I personally would prefer Henshaw ditch the Cyborg Superman schtick and go back to being a disembodied villain who can manipulate mavchinery. I’d give him control of the Metaleks, he could wreck some havoc with those.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think that was my problem with the Johns and Morrison Metallo, that Sam Lane as Thunderbolt Ross doesn't work for me, so Metallo being tied to that still just reminds me of the Hulk.

Speaking of the Hulk... although I like the Kupperberg KM and most of the other versions (not so much the Johns version), a sinister alien with a kryptonite Midas touch to me is the right kind of crazy. The first thing that got me into pre crisis Superboy was actually the Kryptonite Kid so maybe it's not the most viable thing and I'm biased. But I think it's probably cooler to give him different kryptonite powers than make a rainbow gang and lose the single character.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Main Man, Lobo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think that was my problem with the Johns and Morrison Metallo, that Sam Lane as Thunderbolt Ross doesn't work for me, so Metallo being tied to that still just reminds me of the Hulk.

Speaking of the Hulk... although I like the Kupperberg KM and most of the other versions (not so much the Johns version), a sinister alien with a kryptonite Midas touch to me is the right kind of crazy. The first thing that got me into pre crisis Superboy was actually the Kryptonite Kid so maybe it's not the most viable thing and I'm biased. But I think it's probably cooler to give him different kryptonite powers than make a rainbow gang and lose the single character.
    Fair enough. Was Sam Lane ever not that though? It seems like that was his role ever since Crisis. I kind of liked the buildup between Lane and Zod as each prepared to attack the other.

Gotta just bump this thread one last whine (lol) to say I’m still mad no one used all the cool villains Morrison created in his run.
    4AFFC04D-75D7-4E8D-A5B0-4A2F54BD5056.jpg