Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Yeah to piggyback off of that, Morrison’s run is collected in three volumes:
    Superman and the Men of Steel
    Bulletproof
    At the End of Days
    If you want to check it out just start with the first volume of the Morrison run. It’s totally self-contained you don’t need anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's a really long story but yeah, Dominus was pretty great. I think if you have read Grant Morrison's Action saga it's worth checking out, especially.

Speaking of which, I remember just being in love with that Action cover Vordan posted. Sky was the limit with that run.
    I still to this day don’t understand why no one, not even Pak, used any of the Morrison villains after he left.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    dominus,and he is far terror than just manipulating dreams,he can pull thouhts into reality.
    he finally been backfire imprisoned by superman uses his power to creat a phantom zone projector
    dominus was a minor cosmic entity , he should have swatted superman like a fly like the first time they fought.

superman could do with magicial foes so satanus and blaze would be good to see again.

i wouldn't mind seeing the vampire baron ruthven again

What do you guys think of Khyber? I’ve heard him described as Superman’s “Ra’s Al Ghul”, is that an accurate description? What are his best stories? I feel like I’ve read him before but I can’t remember the specifics.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Predictably, he reminded me of Apocalypse. I haven't read Camelot Falls in a long time, but the other comparison seems a little off. But that could be because my exposure to R'as is mainly though animation and film, and Khyber didn't feel like that to me.

Should have been used instead of bringing in Helspont, but I guess they had to do it for Jim Lee.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Some bad ladies:
    Mongal
    Rampage
    Knockout
    Maxima. (Yeah, yeah, I know, Maxima is not a bad gal, but she did fight Superman.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'd say Conduit. He had a good powerset, a fascinating backstory and a personal grudge against Clark which made sense all be it twisted sense. Too bad he was never more than a monster of the month type.
    Agreed. I'd also add Master Jailer to that list.

Retired

I'm more familiar with the pre-Crisis Master Jailer than Conduit or the post-Crisis version of MJ. Pre-C MJ was Carl Draper, called "Moosey" when he lived in Smallville and went to school with Clark and Lana.

I was actually going to put down Master Jailer as well. The guy should be the reverse of Mister Miracle, designing things that Superman, for all his powers and abilities, has to truly struggle to get through. They could make MJ a more compelling figure by thinking beyond just physical restraints, really play with other kinds of "jails," like psychological or societal.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 05-30-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Mongul
    Kryptonite Man
    Reactron
    Metallo
    Parasite
    Gog/Magog
    Terra Man
    Ultra-Humanite
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Bring Back Imperiex!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, in the information age and with extensive cyber stalking and face recognition software, why isn't Silver Banshee a more terrifying threat? All she really needs is a cell phone and she could ruin an entire city's day.

Retired

Eterno the Immortal is due for a comeback. Created by Jim Shooter and Wayne Boring, the mammoth mechanoid was supposedly destroyed by the Superman Revenge Squad. But can anyone who is truly immortal ever be destroyed? Methinks not.

Karb Brak & the Composite Superman. Gosh I feel old!

59341D27-ABD4-4A77-A847-219BE76CFF17.jpg

1FF24CAC-F326-4A63-BF04-0631134A06B5.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jon-El; 06-02-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ha, I did get that Superteam reprint because that story is awesome. I actually love the Composite Superman despite not at all being close to understanding why one would come up with such a weird design. I mean it's awesome and makes sense how came to look like that, but it's bizarrely misleading given his power set. Definitely formidable, though. I like the modern adaptation story in Superman Batman annual 3.

And Karb Brak in his original story is one of my favorite villains. Good picks.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

The first issue of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS that I bought at the drugstore was 167 (June 1967), which had an imaginary story by Cary Bates (the first story where he did the full script). The second issue of WFC that I bought was 168 (August 1967) featuring "The Return of the Composite Superman" by Bates, which was a sequel to a story by Edmond Hamilton.

There was a lot to take in with that story, half of which I didn't understand at the time, but I really felt sorry for Joe Meach. It seems like a lot of super-villains had hard luck stories--and you couldn't really hate them, because they were trying to do the best they could, but circumstances just made it impossible for them. It was so strange to have stories where there was no happy conclusion to be had. No wonder I was such a morose child.