Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think Snyder is ending his run with the justice doom war and the event after it, I mean he didn't really have any plot points besides that storyline.

Either way, I am excited to see how everything plays out with how great the recent arc was.

I'm not a particular fan of the JSA (no ill-will just a general ignorance of them beyond Jay, Alan, and some references) but I am happy that they are returning and I'm glad it's my boy John and The Flash ushering them back into the DC universe. Snyder knows how to sell me on this stuff, well played sir!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

The JSA ideas sound pretty cool. I'd love to see a series that focuses on their origins and building them up from the beginning. My only frustration is that it means Snyder won't do the book I really want to see him do, which is Superman.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The JSA ideas sound pretty cool. I'd love to see a series that focuses on their origins and building them up from the beginning. My only frustration is that it means Snyder won't do the book I really want to see him do, which is Superman.
    he did a superman during new 52 era if you haven't checked it out

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    he did a superman during new 52 era if you haven't checked it out
    Oh, I know, but I want to see him work with the family after the awesomeness that was The Sixth Dimension.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Is everyone looking forward to the doom war?

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Is everyone looking forward to the doom war?
    I know I am, I'm hyped to see exactly what Snyder's been building toward and I'm excited to see what bombastic things end up spinning out of the event. Plus, it's the first time in a long time John Stewart's been a part of a major event like this, so i'm excited to see what Snyder has in store for him.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Daaaaamn,that punch was SOOO damn epic! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I know I am, I'm hyped to see exactly what Snyder's been building toward and I'm excited to see what bombastic things end up spinning out of the event. Plus, it's the first time in a long time John Stewart's been a part of a major event like this, so i'm excited to see what Snyder has in store for him.
    Same, really seems like nothing is off the table with this event.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Same, really seems like nothing is off the table with this event.
    How this event goes will cement how Snyder's run as a whole will be remembered in the pantheon of DC architects, so he's definitely gonna be pulling out all the stops. That man is probably writing like hell right now.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    How this event goes will cement how Snyder's run as a whole will be remembered in the pantheon of DC architects, so he's definitely gonna be pulling out all the stops. That man is probably writing like hell right now.
    Pressures on because while I’ve greatly enjoyed his run, it essentially has been building up towards Justice-Doom War. If that event flops then his JL run really won’t have much going for it since it’s essentially one giant story similar to Hickman’s Avengers run. I greatly enjoyed Metal though so I have faith Snyder will stick the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pressures on because while I’ve greatly enjoyed his run, it essentially has been building up towards Justice-Doom War. If that event flops then his JL run really won’t have much going for it since it’s essentially one giant story similar to Hickman’s Avengers run. I greatly enjoyed Metal though so I have faith Snyder will stick the landing.
    That's felt man, I'm both hyped and anxious because as one of my favorite writers in comics I wouldn't want this to end with a fizzle. However, same as you I have faith in Snyder just based on how well he did with Metal. He was able to showcase so many characters and weave together a big picture that shook up everything. I won't say he did perfect (S rank) but at least a solid A, so I believe he can take what he learned from Metal and make Justice-Doom War spectacular.

currently following:

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anybody else love Jarro? I'm so into seeing the Mera, 80s Starman, and Jarro team up.

Also World Forager joining was well done.

Astonishing Member

So hey this came out. I thought this issue was great.

More retrofitting of Crisis-Continuity. It tracks with what we know but sort of clarifies the nature of it - that "Monitor-Kind" were the Monitor himself splintered. "Aspects" is always a great abstract word to use to explain this. And the ruins of Nil are a cool scene, even as we learn that Novu is cut off from the House of Heroes and Harbinger. The House factored into Metal (and recent Flash and upcoming GL appearances) so we know it's out there doing its thing with the S.O.S. currently, so it'll be neat to see the Monitor finally set foot back in his renovated satellite and reconnect with Harbinger. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm really looking forward to the possibility of him meeting Nix for the first time. The Super-Judge is the only splintered aspect that yet lives, and so is effectively ... well, simultaneously HIM, his SON, and his GRANDSON, in a way. Maybe a little bit of a wild card in this Monitor/Anti-Monitor/Forger triad. And this will be the first we've seen Anti-Monitor since Darkseid War, yeah, where Mobius was effectively pretty dead, and definitely stripped of the Anti-Life Equation and reduced in power? I also wonder how Mandrakk might factor, as the vampire parasite Monitor is also a "son" of the Monitor and is still lurking in the void below Nil somewhere - like Monitor has two children out there, one ultra good and one ultra evil. Mostly it was just nice to see Superman stride along with his allies through his Final Crisis adventure and tell them about it. (Nice Alexander Luthor-3A cameo, too.)

So yeah what else? The Ivo stuff was just fun. Makes sense with Lex's schemes and good fit for J'onn and Kendra to deal with. Mera and Starman continue to be fun back at the base but I really want to see Mera step it up here and go core, not just be running ops back home. She's so damn powerful and so cool.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com