Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Here's the JL: Crisis on Two Earths intro, which was supposed to feature John:

It was? That's news to me. Though I guess that also explains why Flash was Wally in the movie and not Barry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It was? That's news to me. Though I guess that also explains why Flash was Wally in the movie and not Barry.
    Yeah, it was spposed to be set between Justice League and JLU, explaining the rebuilt watchtower and the expanded roster.

DCAU elements
    The film is based on the abandoned direct-to-video feature Justice League: Worlds Collide, which was reportedly intended to tie together Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Despite a heavy rewrite, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths still contains some elements that bridge the gap between the series finale of Justice League and the revamping of the show:

-The Justice League has six core members, as it was after Hawkgirl left the team in "Starcrossed, Part III".
    -The League is assembling a new Watchtower following the destruction of the original in "Starcrossed".
    -They have also just finished building and testing the teleporters, which were not featured in Justice League but were present and operational in the first episode of Justice League Unlimited.
    -Wonder Woman addresses Batman by his real name. The League's secret identities were revealed to each other in "Starcrossed, Part II".
    -Wonder Woman keeps Owlman's jet, which gets stuck in "chameleon mode". It is almost identical in appearance to the Invisible Jet she used in Justice League Unlimited.
    -Batman explains to Superman how they are "understaffed." He brings in Aquaman (in his traditional costume), Black Canary, Red Tornado, Black Lightning (who wasn't featured in Justice League Unlimited but in its comic adaptation) and Firestorm to fight Superwoman and company aboard the Watchtower and keeps them around to start expanding the League.
    -Flash very clearly appears to be Wally West, specifically based upon the DCAU version; his character model and facial expressions are very similar, despite the different animation styles.
    -Green Lantern mentions that Flash has a car, which appeared in earlier episodes of Justice League.
    -The Javelin fighters are briefly seen in the Watchtower's hangar.
    https://dcmovies.fandom.com/wiki/Jus..._on_Two_Earths

http://jl.toonzone.net/episodeC/episodeC.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justic..._on_Two_Earths

So picked this up mainly for the Justice Society and boy this books is FUN! Thankfully, what little the JSA has been in the book has not disappointed and I hope we get to see more!

Starman question: is this Will Payton? Also, how did he get Jack’s cosmic rod? Or has that even been addressed?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    So picked this up mainly for the Justice Society and boy this books is FUN! Thankfully, what little the JSA has been in the book has not disappointed and I hope we get to see more!

Starman question: is this Will Payton? Also, how did he get Jack’s cosmic rod? Or has that even been addressed?
    Yes it is Will Payton. They undid the Prince Gavin retcon and gave him back his original origin, except they tweaked it so the Totality(the instrument used to create the original multiverse) entered the Power Elite's satellite and that is what actually gave him his powers. As such he is way more powerful than previously thought.

I think his link to the Totality led him to the cosmic rod which also has a piece of the Totality in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Batman used a cosmic battle suit to line up five suns that Superman could fly through to get super charged enough to punch out a god. Hell yeah this is fun!

Spectacular Member

Okay, when I'm wrong I'm wrong.

When the Snyder/Tynion Justice League began with all of Lex's philosophizing about Doom and all kinds of new characters and concepts being introduced and almost overtaking the actual League in importance, I got a very heavy Hickman vibe (not a good thing in my book).
    But now the Doom War is finally firing on all cylinders, and it is indeed a huge event, old school in nature but modern in sensibilities (or maybe the other way round). The League has now teamed up with the JSA and JL One Million, different teams are all across the timelines hunting for artefacts and meeting up with incredibly powerful opponents, and there's surprises and guest stars galore. Not crazy about the Laughing Batman joining the fun later on but right now it is a true-blue superhero bust-up of gigantic scope. Snyder really is more than just a horror guy.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Recently JL issue, I must say I laughed out when I was see AM is saying this
    Anti-Monitor, The hero who sides with justice( Though he devoured and killed countless worlds, But it just trivial thing)
    1.jpg
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-18-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

I'm curious if "REBIRTH" is what reformed Anti-Monitor into a more old-school version of himself or if it was just result of being annihilated by Grail (and Anti-Life Steve). But these are characters included in this story to specifically call attention to the revivification and rewriting of the universe so it's cool.

I had an "AHHHHH OF COURSE" moment when Aquaman joins John and Barry. Sneaky secondary Trinity.

I had an "AHHHHH" followed by a "HAHAHAHA" when Brainaic legit just went full on Convergence Ur-Brainiac.

Oh, what else? Just the general fun feeling that the Trinity in the bottled future with Kamandi and the Justice Legion Alpha, the secondary Trinity in the past with the JSA dealing with Doom, these big set pieces in Hypertime and at Pearl Harbor, are just the opening two parallel battles of this thing. Act 1.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm curious if "REBIRTH" is what reformed Anti-Monitor into a more old-school version of himself or if it was just result of being annihilated by Grail (and Anti-Life Steve). But these are characters included in this story to specifically call attention to the revivification and rewriting of the universe so it's cool.

I had an "AHHHHH OF COURSE" moment when Aquaman joins John and Barry. Sneaky secondary Trinity.

I had an "AHHHHH" followed by a "HAHAHAHA" when Brainaic legit just went full on Convergence Ur-Brainiac.

Oh, what else? Just the general fun feeling that the Trinity in the bottled future with Kamandi and the Justice Legion Alpha, the secondary Trinity in the past with the JSA dealing with Doom, these big set pieces in Hypertime and at Pearl Harbor, are just the opening two parallel battles of this thing. Act 1.
    It should be just AM takes different appearances due to AM is the one and same through the entire DC history
    COIE Anti-Monitor= Sinistro War Anti-Monitor= Darkseid War Anti-Monitor = Currently Anti-Monitor( When AM was destroyed, He will Resurrect on sixth-dimension)
    https://postimg.cc/fJSsRJLL
    https://postimg.cc/Fkgjy9FJ
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This continues to be a very fun ride, even if most of the issues that preceded it felt like treading water. Thus far, this story arc has been a complete delight. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Fantastic Member

Another solid issue and I'm enjoying how everything is starting to tie together. Howard Porter's art was great, although am I the only one that noticed Al Pratt sporting a striped version of his early 40s costume? What was up with that, perhaps artistic interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Another solid issue and I'm enjoying how everything is starting to tie together. Howard Porter's art was great, although am I the only one that noticed Al Pratt sporting a striped version of his early 40s costume? What was up with that, perhaps artistic interpretation?
    I noticed that too. Maybe his current day job is at Foot Locker?

Whatever. It's the kind of detail that shouldn't be allowed to happen. While I don't like it, I can see where the slight revision to Hourman's hood could be an artist's interpretation, but black and white stripes? Unless it's something I'm not aware of, I doubt Al Pratt ever sported this look.