Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Hmmm....I’ve heard Snyder ends his run after the Doom war, anyone know about this?
    If it ends with Doom War it’s going to become something far bigger with what Capullo is back at DC to do with him- My Guess: Crisis
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

pre-Wednesday spoilers

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Bit off topic guys but I have a question that doesn't warrant a thread. So, this run of JL is my first ever subscription to any comic. I've always read trades. I'm just wondering, am I supposed to get my comic the same time every month? Cuz it's always different. And this month is almost over and I still don't have it... what if I miss an issue too, it seems they only have current issues in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Is it the Monitor or the Anti-Monitor ? He looks a little too bulky and metallic to be the former, but I thought the later wanted to sit the war out ?

Also, I'm betting on the Anti-Monitor coming in at the last second to save the day in the Justice/Doom War, as a reversal of all his appearances until now.
    Monitor. It's Anti-Monitor they're about to look for. The missing "brother".

Though in reality, he went off to another multiverse to recruit the likes of Zeno, Broly, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, the Pride Troopers, and Monaka. Though, Monaka alone may be overkill.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This is quietly becoming the most important book DC is presently publishing.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

What's everyone's theories for the roles of jarro and hawkgirl and Martian manhunters son in the rest of the run.

And do you think they will stick around after?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    What's everyone's theories for the roles of jarro and hawkgirl and Martian manhunters son in the rest of the run.

And do you think they will stick around after?
    I'm convince Shayne (Hawkgirl and MM's son) is gonna be the key to either side winning because he, unlike Lex, is a natural hybrid of Martian and Human DNA. So Justice could use him as a secret weapon or he could be turned by Perpetua.

Jarro is probably gonna have a showdown with Starro and, if Jarro doesn't severe their connection, Jarro will die (even though I love that little guy).
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-30-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm convince Shayne (Hawkgirl and MM's son) is gonna be the key to either the side winning because he, unlike Lex, is a natural hybrid of Martian and Human DNA. So Justice could use him as a secret weapon or he could be turned by Perpetua.

Jarro is probably gonna have a showdown with Starro and, if Jarro doesn't severe their connection, Jarro will die (even though I love that little guy).
    I really hope Jarro doesnt die but I think he will! Your theories I can see happening!

Default I found this thorough explanation of the forces on reddit

I made edits here and there, I thought it'd be useful

So far, we know six of the seven forces for both multiverses.

There’s the Speed Force, which I’m sure you know about, and the Still Force, which is described as cosmic current towards stasis and death. The Sage Force and Strength force in Williamson’s Flash run aren’t apart of this because, simply put, they aren’t as important in the grand scheme of creation (lemonnote: at least as far as Snyder's story is concerned. Williamson could say otherwise down the line). Remember, these are the seven forces that are essential to the structure of the Multiverse.

Then there's Visible Emotional Spectrum (i.e all known Lantern Corps), it's opposite is the Invisible Emotional Spectrum, which encompasses a wide net of all hidden emotions, including the ultraviolet light of Umbrax. It’s been hinted that there might be an Infrared corps, so keep an eye out for that.

The Sphere of the Gods is the source of all deities and magic in the DC Multiverse. It was introduced in Grant Morrison’s Multiversity as encompassing the entire known Multiverse and being home to Heaven, Hell, every religious pantheon to exist, the New Gods, dream, nightmare, etc. it’s counterpart is The The Void Wind, a harsh wind that blows through the Graveyard of the Gods that snuffs out magic and kill any god. When a God "dies" their essence returns to the Graveyard of Gods, which acts as the final destination for the normally immortal divine. It was the ultimate resting place for all their kind who either perished, by any means, or were forgotten by their followers, until said gods found a means of returning to life in another form. following the events of the Justice League/Aquaman crossover Drowned Earth, the destruction of the Divine's afterlife unleashed these energies into the wider reality, and this also means the absolute oblivion of any deities should they perish. Meaning any god who was dead and trapped there or any god who dies at any point in their lifetime, would end up dead and gone forever, their essence dissipating into primordial entropy

The Life Force, which is the force that connects all living beings down to their souls, is multi-faceted, but you’ve probably experienced it in the form of the Green, The Red, etc. Aquaman possesses a connection to the Life Forces in it's most archaic form, sometimes referred to as "the Clear" or "the Blue", since all Life originated from the Ocean. The Tear of Extinction is its counterpart, and it drives life towards isolation and solipsism. These forces were the focal point of Drowned Earth

The Collective Unconscious grants everyone wisdom and knowledge and is wielded by telepaths and the like (lemonnote: think the sage force, kinda a similar deal. while not canonically connected, I like to believe the Sage force is an elemental form of the Collective Unconscious). It’s dark counterpart is The The Black Apple, and is unlocked and harnessed by the universe’s most forbidden secrets. This was unlocked during the events of the Hawkworld arc

The Dimensional Superstructure is the control room of the entire Multiverse, it governs all things imaginable and unimaginable, and is wielded by those who monitor all of reality. It’s counterpart is the The Sixth Note, which is described as the force beyond imagination itself and is unleashed when the impossible is glimpsed. I don’t really understand what this one means, but maybe it was because of all the reality erasing and reshaping that was happening in the 6th dimension arc (lemonnote: I personally believe the "impossible" that was "glimpsed" was Superman's survival in the 6th dimension and the league witnessing his impossible punch)

The seventh and fourteenth forces are still unknown, but given the gravity of the previous forces, we can assumed they’ll be big.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-31-2019 at 01:10 AM.

currently following:

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ugh. So mad at myself for getting to this run so late.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Not sure how often they've had this line-up, but it was nice to see this starting line-up in 2018's Justice League. Reminded me of the DCAU Justice League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Not sure how often they've had this line-up, but it was nice to see this starting line-up in 2018's Justice League. Reminded me of the DCAU Justice League.

I may be picky, but given that Flash isn't Wally West and Hawkgirl isn't Shayera Thal\Hol ruins the effect for me. Especially Hawkgirl for some reason. I guess I never cared about Kendra and I prefer Shayera's look. The shock of red hair coming out of the helmet is more striking for me.

Beyond that the interpersonal relations aren't nearly as engaging to me as what the show has, and Snyder's run, from what I read, isn't evocative of the show at all aside from the line up, which isn't necessarily an objectively bad thing. It's like Snyder went about 70% there with this cartoon homage, and I guess as a fan of the show, I'm like, "If you're going to do that go all the way with it, not this 70% stuff." Though, I can also understand a writer not wanting to completely copy a previous JL incarnation, even if other writers have done that several times. We have seen the silver age JL line up revisited, we've seen the satellite era revisited, we've seen the JLI lineup revisited. It's interesting that the cartoon line up, which is overall arguably the most loved version has never been faithfully recreated or revisited. Really weird now that I think about it.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I may be picky, but given that Flash isn't Wally West and Hawkgirl isn't Shayera Thal\Hol ruins the effect for me. Especially Hawkgirl for some reason. I guess I never cared about Kendra and I prefer Shayera's look. The shock of red hair coming out of the helmet is more striking for me.

Beyond that the interpersonal relations aren't nearly as engaging to me as what the show has, and Snyder's run, from what I read, isn't evocative of the show at all aside from the line up, which isn't necessarily an objectively bad thing. It's like Snyder went about 70% there with this cartoon homage, and I guess as a fan of the show, I'm like, "If you're going to do that go all the way with it, not this 70% stuff." Though, I can also understand a writer not wanting to completely copy a previous JL incarnation, even if other writers have done that several times. We have seen the silver age JL line up revisited, we've seen the satellite era revisited, we've seen the JLI lineup revisited. It's interesting that the cartoon line up, which is overall arguably the most loved version has never been faithfully recreated or revisited. Really weird now that I think about it.
    Speaking of the Silver Age Justice League, I also thought it was an interesting choice for the DCAU to swap out founding member Aquaman with Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Hmmm....I’ve heard Snyder ends his run after the Doom war, anyone know about this?
    Based on the product description for Justice League Vol. 5: The Doom War hardcover, it sounds like it.

“Writer Scott Snyder teams up with James Tynion IV and artists Jorge Jimenez, Jim Cheung and Javier Fernandez for an incredible finale! Collects Justice League #26-39.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I made edits here and there, I thought it'd be useful
    Thanks for this. I've loved this run and remember all the character beats very well but somehow the Forces stuff got lost in the shuffle. Normally this is exactly the sort of run I'd be commentating and annotating and going wild with but life's busy and I'm kind of enjoying being along for the ride. And so yeah, I'd forgotten some of these. Aquaman is like my favorite DC character and I'd still forgotten the whole Life Energy aspect of that. I like that it perhaps even passively calls back to his inclusion in the Brightest Day line-up and works with the Blue/Clear stuff from back in the day.

I can actually see a lot of areas where these things have bridges or links or connections to each other. The White Entity from Brightest Day as a Spectral connection to the Life Force. The notion of the Invisible Spectrum and like ... the Radio beings seen recently in The Green Lantern, the same Radio beings that were friends with Wally West and link up to the Speed Force. Lightning being a thing that links a lot of these - we get a lot of Magic Lightning (Sphere of the Gods) but it also connects us to the Speed Force as well as the Invisible Spectrum as well as probably loads more.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com