Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
I don't disagree with much of what you're saying here. As a middle-aged black person, I'll say that there's many people in my demographics that don't totally trust Bernie. He's got to figure out a way to reach them/us. For what it's worth, that same demographic doesn't totally trust Harris either, they/we are probably even more against her.

But yeah, the idea that Sanders is a troublemaker or upstart thus the establishment-corporate dems are against him, I think is completely true ( I also think that the attacks on Cortez, by both the right and old dems, are attacks on Sander by proxy). And the thing of the idea of the socially liberal but fiscal conservative candidate is something that the Libertarians have a lock on. I wouldn't mind a democrat running on such a concept, but who's brave enough to do so? Will Beto go there? Will Booker?
There is even room to do so from a more Dem friendly version of left wing libertarianism. The idea is to pose the argument (which has a great deal of truth to it even if it isn't the full picture) that many of the regulations in place don't serve the purpose of consumer protection or workplace safety, but to put roadblocks in place to lock startups out of the marketplace. Ajit Pai's proposed 5G rules are a perfect example of this, they seem crafted to make sure that only the big players can afford to enter by pricing the regional players out of the new market.