Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Personally, I would have loved for Tammy Duckworth to run.
    Was rather disappointed she hadn't declared interest in running. I wonder if she would be open to being VP.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Nobody likes gentrification, but it is hard to think of a viable alternative to it that doesn't involve letting neighborhoods rot in misery perpetually. Investing in any area will inevitably attract outsiders that will drive up prices and compete with the locals for the new job opportunities. While it might be attractive to think of a scenario where resources continue to flow into a neighborhood to benefit the existing residents while barriers are put up to keep out newcomers, how exactly would you pull this off?
    I think the way Philly is doing it and NC in some parts is letting the Owners revitalize their areas as part of a push to make the Neighborhoods look better. New York is doing a HORRIBLE Job, as is Delaware, but NJ has been okay about it, except in areas like Camden. So we'll see how Buttigieg is going to handle this issue if he makes it past the debates.

I'm no fan of Corey Booker, but he did help halt a lot of the Gentrification of NJ, under that Guy who shall not be named.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Yang
    This guy's campaign page is chock with tons of great policies, from the UBI, to Medicare for all, to revamping America's cyber security. If he gets the nomination, he'll walk all over Trump.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Some of the people I support at my state and Local Levels, I'm currently living in North Carolina, are Roy Cooper, a vast improvement over the last Governor.
    I think both of them brought/bring their own positives to the table.
    As for me, I support most politicians in general, and it is only really during elections where I choose sides. I definitely consider myself a moderate/independent.

Not gonna lie. Bernie nailed that townhall. Had Conservatives laughing at Trump and cheering Medicare for All.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Was rather disappointed she hadn't declared interest in running. I wonder if she would be open to being VP.
    While she is an obvious choice just in "Here's Where She's Been/Here's What She's Done..." terms, there is also a pretty obvious list of reasons for her not to even consider it this time out.

Around this time before their respective elections both President Obama and President Trump were considered unlikely to win the White House. Perhaps Senator Sanders is not the foregone conclusion many would say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Around this time before their respective elections both President Obama and President Trump were considered unlikely to win the White House. Perhaps Senator Sanders is not the foregone conclusion many would say he is.
    True enough. At this point in 2007, all the pundits were sure that Hillary Clinton would definitely be the nominee and that maybe Barack Obama could be President some day, but not this election cycle. And at this point in 2015, most of the pundits were sure that either Jeb! Bush or Marco Rubio would be the nominee, and if anyone brought up the name Donald Trump, the host would say something like, "Oh don't even waste our time with that noise!" So yeah, maybe it is too early to make any kind of predictions or assumptions.

BANNED

Just wanted to say, I've been back for a bit, but gonna take a long vacation from CBR. I've been happier not posting and not getting involved with the politics of the board, or just engaging in general. Good luck in the election, and may your candidate go far. /deuces.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ns-firearms-m/

This article is technically correct, but really misses the point (ironic, considering the headline) that Booker wants to increase gun regulations so that, you know, fewer kids get shot in their schools. This makes me lean a little more toward Booker now.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 05-11-2019 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Just wanted to say, I've been back for a bit, but gonna take a long vacation from CBR. I've been happier not posting and not getting involved with the politics of the board, or just engaging in general. Good luck in the election, and may your candidate go far. /deuces.
    I'm glad you were only on a vacation and not gone for good. Do what you need to stay happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ns-firearms-m/

This article is technically correct, but really misses the point (ironic, considering the headline) that Booker wants to increase gun regulations so that, you know, fewer kids get shot in their schools. This makes me lean a little more toward Booker now.
    Considering the spin on his pharmaceutical votes it seems par for the course, but I'm still waiting to see how things shake up over the next year for everyone.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio declared his candidacy for U.S. President today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    . . . let's not forget Senator Michael Bennett who declared his candidacy on May 2. I wonder if American people would decide to elect a candidate of Jewish descent born in another country. Barry Goldwater and John Kerry, both of whom have Jewish ancestry, lost. John McCain, who was born in Panama, lost.
    As long as he has was born as a U.S. citizen (the parents being U.S. citizens), being born outside the U.S. may not be as big a deal as, unfortunately, religious background could be.

JFK was elected in 1960 in spite of anti-Catholic attitudes. And among the many reasons why Mitt Romney lost, his being a Mormon was the least of them.

Extraordinary Member

If people find the candidate viable enough they will vote for them. Imagine telling someone even in 2005 that the next President would be a black guy whose middle name was Hussein.