Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Speaking of Policy.
    The NRA just decided to go to war on Women, and the Violence against Women Act.

Even though Corey Booker is not my preferred candidate. I do like that he at leas SAYS he will fight back against the NRA's Influence. It helps that he takes no money from them.

Daily Bulletin: The NRA Tells Congress to Vote No on the Violence Against Women Act

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    With recent accusations, will Biden be doing okay in the race for presidency?
    He should be given that the current President bragged up sexually grabbing women. So yeah...he should be.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

From abroad, I am really impressed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's momentum. She is articulate, intelligent and photogenic. And the Fox News-bashing actually is good for making her known even globally. She's worth keeping an eye for 2024 or 2028.

Biden and Warren seem like easy targets for Trump's nonsense and the Republican grinding machine on the Campaign. I think it would be best if they step out of the race.

So I guess Kamala Harris (California - 55 delegates, right?), maybe with Buttigieg or Beto on the ticket could be the strongest candidate. Unless Sanders can repeat 2016's grassroot excitement and not be boycotted by the Democratic Party.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    From abroad, I am really impressed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's momentum. She is articulate, intelligent and photogenic. And the Fox News-bashing actually is good for making her known even globally. She's worth keeping an eye for 2024 or 2028.

Biden and Warren seem like easy targets for Trump's nonsense and the Republican grinding machine on the Campaign. I think it would be best if they step out of the race.

So I guess Kamala Harris (California - 55 delegates, right?), maybe with Buttigieg or Beto on the ticket could be the strongest candidate. Unless Sanders can repeat 2016's grassroot excitement and not be boycotted by the Democratic Party.
    AOC is HARDCORE on Policy, she also has a great way of getting her messaage out. I wish more Democrats had a way to run on actual Policy like she and others do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Trump was embarrassed in the debates by Hillary "Candidate Americans Most Want To Have An 8oz Glass Of Tap Water With" Clinton.

He's not eating anyone alive. Hell I could get up there and make fool out of him, probably.
    This is a matter of perspective and the polls outside of the debates kind of showed it. People who were already on Hillary's side thought she on the debates, people who were on Trump's side thought he won, and then people in the middle just were watching two sideshows do their usual routine in apathy.

Trump if nothing else is a great salesman and he knows how to pitch and he knows how to rile up emotions and that is what generally matters in a debate. Hillary is great on policy and can stick to talking points, she has no clue how to get people emotionally invested. So you just had one person with nothing to say but saying it with flare and one person with a lot to say but boring people to death. And generally it ended up evening out.

Beto struggled in debates with Ted Cruz and let him walk all over him. He could barely get a word in. Trump ate Ted Cruz alive.

Warren is the best debater of the current crop of candidates. Harris is a prosecutor so she can also do well in that. Sanders also might do well because he is able to get a connection going with the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    AOC is HARDCORE on Policy, she also has a great way of getting her messaage out. I wish more Democrats had a way to run on actual Policy like she and others do.
    Not sure if she would accept at this point in her career, but I think AOC would be an excellent choice for VP, particularly if one of the candidates who is seen as moderate ends up winning the Primary. She would likely draw in a huge number of voters from several different demographics.

As brilliant as she is, she would probably be my #1 pick if she chose to run for President herself, despite her lack of experience! She would ACTUALLY make an effort to drain the swamp, not just con people into believing it like the current President.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Extraordinary Member

Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and Amy Klobuchar are all lawyers. The last two democratic presidents of the USA were also lawyers and they did a lot of harm to the country and to the world.

It is better for the Democrats to nominate an outsider instead of a Washington insider. An outsider like a state governor who never went to Washington D.C.
    Klobuchar and Gillibrand have no shot. Harris does but I think she lost a lot of her shine from a year ago. Part of that is an influx of newbies like O’Rourke and Butegieg taking the new interesting person role and part is that is now she’s not being insulated from the heavy hitters like Biden, Warren and Sanders

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Not sure if she would accept at this point in her career, but I think AOC would be an excellent choice for VP, particularly if one of the candidates who is seen as moderate ends up winning the Primary. She would likely draw in a huge number of voters from several different demographics.

As brilliant as she is, she would probably be my #1 pick if she chose to run for President herself, despite her lack of experience! She would ACTUALLY make an effort to drain the swamp, not just con people into believing it like the current President.
    For me the Biggest thing AOC is to the people is a symbol of what could be and the fight, those on the left has. It takes a LOT to move the Centrists out there, and the more we push them using policy, like she does. Asks Questions the way she, Presley, Jyapal, and Omar do, is the way forward for us.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ual-harassment

Former Vice President Joe Biden invaded women’s physical space in a way that used to be uncomfortable and is now intolerable. He abandoned Anita Hill to the political wolves when she needed a friend on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and his signature criminal-justice law, once a political winner, now looks draconian to many Democrats.

Senator Kamala Harris, during her long career as a California prosecutor, was a cog in the prison-industrial complex.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, daughter of a lobbyist and former intern for New York Republican Senator Alfonse D’Amato, not long ago professed the kind of anti-regulation views on gun policy that most Democrats consider pure gun nuttery.

As a member of Congress, former Representative Beto O’Rourke voted more conservatively than the mean Democratic House member. His rhetorical gifts mask a suspiciously vague — some say empty — policy portfolio.

Senator Bernie Sanders is 77 years old and makes a lot of Democrats uncomfortable for a lot of reasons, not least because he himself still isn’t one.

Senator Elizabeth Warren has that Cherokee thing that started out messy and got worse when she tried to fix it.

Senator Amy Klobuchar is mean to her staff, Senator Cory Booker is too schmoozy and corporate-y to be trusted, and Pete Buttigieg is only 37 years old, the mayor of a city (South Bend, Indiana) that sounds like a town, and he’s gay in case anyone still cares about that outside the fortified precincts of Christian conservatism. Oh, and former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro is, as one well-connected and very smart Democrat pointed out to me with dead seriousness, kinda short.

This is not a comprehensive list of people running for the Democratic nomination for president. But it’s a pretty good sampling of the range of disqualifications for the nomination. And those negative factors can serve as a banner under which people with lots of other qualms or agendas can rally.
    So go vote for Howard Schultz then, and doom us all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    For me the Biggest thing AOC is to the people is a symbol of what could be and the fight, those on the left has. It takes a LOT to move the Centrists out there, and the more we push them using policy, like she does. Asks Questions the way she, Presley, Jyapal, and Omar do, is the way forward for us.
    Exactly. This is why the right wing media is so afraid of her. The Schumers and the Harrises aren't that much of a threat to the status quo. But the "new progressives" have a message that connecting with normal Americans and they will actually try to affect policy change.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ual-harassmentThis is not a comprehensive list of people running for the Democratic nomination for president. But it’s a pretty good sampling of the range of disqualifications for the nomination. And those negative factors can serve as a banner under which people with lots of other qualms or agendas can rally.
    The fact that none of these candidates passes a purity test is viewed as a disqualifying factor is what is wrong with so many liberals. Compared to Trump, every single one of them is Mother Teresa, yet his followers won't have any problems voting for him!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Which kind prejudice do you guys think would be stronger on a campaign: towards a gay male candidate or towards a woman of color candidate?

Which kind prejudice do you guys think would be stronger on a campaign: towards a gay male candidate or towards a woman of color candidate?
    We already know the answer to that in the way Kamala is being treated versus PB by the mainstream press.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We already know the answer to that in the way Kamala is being treated versus PB by the mainstream press.
    One goes hard after Republicans while one is being hokey and going on Fox News pretending to unite the country. Also the people who aren’t fans of Kamala’s policies don’t know enough about Mayor Pete yet. So one just hasn’t really made enemies

BANNED

I do think there is a Narrative that the media is trying to push against Harris, now that she seems less the Front Runner than a Gay white male.
    Her being a Prosecutor is what's going to bite her in the butt. Pete has been a Mayor and runs a city. So one has Executive Experience, and the other Put people away. I mean I'm not sure how fair that is, but it is what it is.