Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I know it's a very crowded field already, but is there anyone you'd still like to run in the Democratic or GOP primaries?
    I'd like David Clarke to run in the Democratic primaries. He is, in fact, a registered Democrat

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

OK, anyone who is not taking the piss?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I hope Pete isn't being seen as someone who has two faces. I watched his Vice Interview and Wasn't impressed with him. Then I saw this article on Buzzfeed, so make of it what you will. I think he comes across as Progressive ( I think we need a new word now.)

But this doesn't pose well.

POLITICS
    What Happened When Pete Buttigieg Tore Down Houses In Black And Latino South Bend
    "Everyone wants to find a villain," a South Bend politician said of Mayor Pete Buttigieg's housing program. "This is just how economic development happens."

Pete may be more Centrist than I like, but I hope he gives more Policy specifics down the road. We need a concrete idea of where he wants to take us.

The thing is, Mayor Pete has specifically said he wants the left to be less policy-driven and more 'philisophical', which is a polite way of indicating that you're not going to do much of anything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I hope Pete isn't being seen as someone who has two faces. I watched his Vice Interview and Wasn't impressed with him. Then I saw this article on Buzzfeed, so make of it what you will. I think he comes across as Progressive ( I think we need a new word now.)

But this doesn't pose well.

POLITICS
    What Happened When Pete Buttigieg Tore Down Houses In Black And Latino South Bend
    "Everyone wants to find a villain," a South Bend politician said of Mayor Pete Buttigieg's housing program. "This is just how economic development happens."

Pete may be more Centrist than I like, but I hope he gives more Policy specifics down the road. We need a concrete idea of where he wants to take us.
    Nobody likes gentrification, but it is hard to think of a viable alternative to it that doesn't involve letting neighborhoods rot in misery perpetually. Investing in any area will inevitably attract outsiders that will drive up prices and compete with the locals for the new job opportunities. While it might be attractive to think of a scenario where resources continue to flow into a neighborhood to benefit the existing residents while barriers are put up to keep out newcomers, how exactly would you pull this off?

Personally, I would have loved for Tammy Duckworth to run.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Tomorrow is the day Bernard is releasing his taxes, right?

I can't wait.

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Maybe John Edwards should run for office to redeem his failures

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Maybe John Edwards should run for office to redeem his failures
    On a more serious note, but in a similar direction: How old is Gary Hart? 82? Wouldn't even be the oldest guy in the field.

Hillary was right!

Oh yes. Just so she could call Trump "Cadet Bone Spurs" right to his face.

BANNED

https://www.uspresidentialelectionne...dule-calendar/

Follow the primary schedule in 2020

I know it's a very crowded field already, but is there anyone you'd still like to run in the Democratic or GOP primaries?
    As always, I'd love to see Willie Nelson in office. He's a few years shy of 90, but he's had more than enough real world experience to give him a view of America that most politicians lack. His activism is well documented, and if anyone could peel away some of those good ol boys from the GoP and get them to see the light he'd be the one to do it.

Was rather disappointed she hadn't declared interest in running. I wonder if she would be open to being VP.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Nobody likes gentrification, but it is hard to think of a viable alternative to it that doesn't involve letting neighborhoods rot in misery perpetually. Investing in any area will inevitably attract outsiders that will drive up prices and compete with the locals for the new job opportunities. While it might be attractive to think of a scenario where resources continue to flow into a neighborhood to benefit the existing residents while barriers are put up to keep out newcomers, how exactly would you pull this off?
    I think the way Philly is doing it and NC in some parts is letting the Owners revitalize their areas as part of a push to make the Neighborhoods look better. New York is doing a HORRIBLE Job, as is Delaware, but NJ has been okay about it, except in areas like Camden. So we'll see how Buttigieg is going to handle this issue if he makes it past the debates.

I'm no fan of Corey Booker, but he did help halt a lot of the Gentrification of NJ, under that Guy who shall not be named.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Yang
    This guy's campaign page is chock with tons of great policies, from the UBI, to Medicare for all, to revamping America's cyber security. If he gets the nomination, he'll walk all over Trump.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Some of the people I support at my state and Local Levels, I'm currently living in North Carolina, are Roy Cooper, a vast improvement over the last Governor.
    I think both of them brought/bring their own positives to the table.
    As for me, I support most politicians in general, and it is only really during elections where I choose sides. I definitely consider myself a moderate/independent.